Identify First Person 3D Sim with multiple scenarios Male protagonist

jtoron

Sep 19, 2022
This was one of the first games I ever played in the genre and I don't remember its name. Driving me bonkers. Here's what I remember about it

1: There were several scenarios, one of which involved you (male protag) being caged on a spaceship with an alien. Another one was set in a laboratory where you experimented with this black blob type thing, eventually that thing gets loose and you have to track it down. The only other that I remember was a sandboxy-type dungeon with some toys and machines in. I'm pretty sure there were only two females at the time, one was a petite asian, the other a stereotypical blonde.

2: There were several different protags you could play, one was a nerdy, possibly skinny guy and the other was a fat guy who I think was named bob.

3: I'm pretty sure it was a sequel to another one with the same title. I thought the name of it might have been "X-Life" or "X-Sim" or something along those lines but my searches for those brought up fuck all. Searches here also haven't given me anything.

4. I believe the full version cost money, but I only ever played the free demo. Pretty sure it was still being actively developed when I played it a few years ago.

5. It was definitely 3D and it was definitely first person.

That's all I got, this has been bugging me for a few days now so even if it was god awful, which I don't think it was but I was a teenager so who knows, then helping me at least remember the name would be greatly appreciated.