First Scene lacking materials ;'m

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017

Heyy as you can see I have made my first good enough looking scene (didn't render.. PC acting up)... but my files are a little on the short side... I cant seem to find good stuff online (modern clothes, shoes, bags buildings etc etc).. I get recommendations like renderocity and stuff but most the stuff I download are not IM files and so putting them in the files doesn't show up in DIM or in actual Daz studio so I am at a lil loss here... So any recommendations guides sites? anything to further my skills.. and files.

Thanks a bunch... watchya think of my first random scene?

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017

Heyy as you can see I have made my first good enough looking scene (didn't render.. PC acting up)... but my files are a little on the short side... I cant seem to find good stuff online (modern clothes, shoes, bags buildings etc etc).. I get recommendations like renderocity and stuff but most the stuff I download are not IM files and so putting them in the files doesn't show up in DIM or in actual Daz studio so I am at a lil loss here... So any recommendations guides sites? anything to further my skills.. and files.

Hey bud - would appreciate if you'd stop adding prefixes since those are for game posts?

Also, "Tools" is for publishing a tool (software), guides are for publishing guides, so if you have questions or want feedback please put them in "Programming and Development". I've moved this thread for you ;).

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Hey bud - would appreciate if you'd stop adding prefixes since those are for game posts?

Also, "Tools" is for publishing a tool (software), guides are for publishing guides, so if you have questions or want feedback please put them in "Programming and Development". I've moved this thread for you ;).
I am honestly learning about posting as I go on...sorry & thanks for being positive.

Reactions: bas

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017

First look or set you "My Library" folder on "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Content"

And copy folders inside, here you can view more or less how works:

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
First look or set you "My Library" folder on "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Content"

And copy folders inside, here you can view more or less how works:
Well I made a folder called DAZ CONTENT LIBRARY as seen in url but I cant make it the main option by clicking the circle it always goes back to the top one?... Also I cant find where it made that folder? searching for it doesnt help either...............

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Well I made a folder called DAZ CONTENT LIBRARY as seen in url but I cant make it the main option by clicking the circle it always goes back to the top one?... Also I cant find where it made that folder? searching for it doesnt help either...............

Delete this folder that you are created, use suboptions in "Current Directories".
First click in "DAZ Studio Formats" and then in the left side, in Directory, click "Add" and specify your library directory.
Do the same step in "Poser Formats"

Copy content in you librery directory.

Then, to see the new content that you are copied, in DAZ, go to menu "Windows" > "Pane(s)" and click in "Content Library".

Cohibozz

Aug 14, 2018
Open daz3d. In content right click on "my dad library" and select "browse file folder"

Copy the folders inside the "content" directory of your stuffs downloaded here.

Go in Daz again, right click on "my Daz library" refresh. Done!

For good stuffs look here: