First Sprites (Need opinions)

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Heya! Zachy here!

I'm basically creating this thread cuz I need some opinions on the sprites I've made for my game. I have redone them multiple times and I think they're good as they are now.
What do ya guys think?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NixtTwix

Jan 20, 2017
Depends on the vibe you are going for. Personally, I would say the bottom two are more consistent in style and theme, while the first looks a little pudgy-cheeked. So, if you are going for something more humor-focused, the first design is great. If you are looking for a more action-based story, the second two are better. The idles on all three are very fluid, and look natural, I give you top stars there. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for, so I will stop here until you provide further direction.

Reactions: Zachy

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Depends on the vibe you are going for. Personally, I would say the bottom two are more consistent in style and theme, while the first looks a little pudgy-cheeked. So, if you are going for something more humor-focused, the first design is great. If you are looking for a more action-based story, the second two are better. The idles on all three are very fluid, and look natural, I give you top stars there. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for, so I will stop here until you provide further direction.
Hey Vash,

Thank you for the fast reply! My game is a "Megaman-ish Beat em' up" like Project X, but with shooting instead of punching lol. I guess the ambientation of my game could be similar to Eroico or FOBS.
I opened a thread for this game in the past but everyone ignored it :'(.

NixtTwix

Jan 20, 2017
Worry not, good sir! I'm sure this is a classic case of a missed diamond in the rough. Anyway, if you are going for a 2D side-scrolling shooter, then the bottom two work pretty well. The slime girl may want to have arm animation for attacking (since she seems a little t-posy), but the vine girl should be perfect in all aspects (as she likely attacks with vines, right?). As for the first one, he seems much more suited to a farming sim than a shooter, so if nothing else, an outfit change may help: the hair, animation and legs are good to fine, but a green t-shit just doesn't seem right here. A jacket or plate mail would look more battle-worthy, but it's up to you. This is just my take, though, so please don't be discouraged.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Worry not, good sir! I'm sure this is a classic case of a missed diamond in the rough. Anyway, if you are going for a 2D side-scrolling shooter, then the bottom two work pretty well. The slime girl may want to have arm animation for attacking (since she seems a little t-posy), but the vine girl should be perfect in all aspects (as she likely attacks with vines, right?). As for the first one, he seems much more suited to a farming sim than a shooter, so if nothing else, an outfit change may help: the hair, animation and legs are good to fine, but a green t-shit just doesn't seem right here. A jacket or plate mail would look more battle-worthy, but it's up to you. This is just my take, though, so please don't be discouraged.
Weell, I DID make an arm animation for the Slime, but I just haven't managed to make it work. The Alraune (vine girl) throws hypnotizing spikes at you, wich makes you come closer to her and die by snu-snu.
About the MC... Now that I take a better look at him, I think you're right. However, I want to keep him as simple as possible, since he's supossed to a random commoner that discovered he could use magic to fight sexy monster girls lol.

Thanks for givin' your opinion!

NixtTwix

Jan 20, 2017
No problem! If he is meant to be an accidental mage, then either a tattered white shirt with a brown vest, or a coat would work for both mage-dom and peasantry. Hope it all works out, and let me know if you want me to look at or play test anything.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
No problem! If he is meant to be an accidental mage, then either a tattered white shirt with a brown vest, or a coat would work for both mage-dom and peasantry. Hope it all works out, and let me know if you want me to look at or play test anything.
Sure! I may change the outfit after releasing the first version of the game.

NixtTwix

Jan 20, 2017
Sounds like it isn't far away: good stuff! Make sure you hit up a mod about having your game posted when you make it. Larger reception that way.

Reactions: Zachy

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey! It's me again lol.

So... I've just finished the sex scenes of the two monster girls I showed you. And here they are!
These may be the last spoiler I'll make of my game till' it's released, but I think they kinda give you an idea of how the game is gonna be!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: lexx228

NixtTwix

Jan 20, 2017
Holy wow, you work fast. Hm, let's start with the first one: I really like the fluidity of the loop, especially the hair and breast bounce. The subtle details of the gaping/drooling mouth on the MC and the blinking are both nice touches, and the shading is incredibly well done for 8-bit. The only things that don't seem quite right to me are a single extra pixel on the dark blue part of the slime's eye (which, to me, gives the impression of bags under her eyes, or that the white spot is her pupil, and the dark blue is her iris, which is then too big for her head) and that the MC doesn't seem to be laying flat, nor propping himself up (just sort of floating). It almost seems like he is stiff as a board (in more ways than one), and is being pulled up by his penis. Whew, hopefully that isn't too much detail. Anyway, onward to the second one.

This one has all of the good stuff the first one has (excellent shading, nice attention to detail with the hair bobs and the MC's mouth and eyes, as well as flawless fluidity), in addition to a very nice sway cycle on her breasts, a pose for the MC that makes perfect sense, and even a nice glow/shine to her flower. As for a few suggestions, a rustle in the leaves or if his feet were dangling would be a nice touch, as would if her eyes or mouth had a bit of animation. These are just touches you could make if you want to, of course, with the only thing that looks weird being his perfectly straight penis. According to the first picture, it shouldn't be crazy long, so if you added a piece of the head to the last frame where he is pulled out furthest, that would likely look more natural.

I really hope this isn't too much of an opinion dump, and that at least some of this is useful. In any case, I hopes it's going well, and that that you add Bowsette to the list of monster girls.

Good luck, my friend!

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Holy wow, you work fast. Hm, let's start with the first one: I really like the fluidity of the loop, especially the hair and breast bounce.
Well, that review is longer than I expected haha!
I'll answer your suggestions:

Slime:
1 - The Slime's "eye bags" are not what you think, they're her cheek's blush color.
2 - The MC is supporting himself with his elbows, and rising his torso up with his abdomen (maybe you're pulling him a little bit too hard, Slime XD). I know it looks kinda weird, but I tried to fix that a lot of times when doing the animation and I couldn't.

Alraune:
1 - I didn't want to detail her leaves too much because that'd make difficult to see her in the scenary.
2 - Honestly... I don't even how that flower is shining, since I didn't animate it to do so O.O.
3 - Well, I may try changing his penis, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do much in that resolution.

In any case, I hopes it's going well, and that that you add Bowsette to the list of monster girls.
Maybe, haha!

Thanks for your suggestions bro!

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
i dont like the second sex scene, te mc seems to stiff if he's danglig he should wave(?) more

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
i dont like the second sex scene, te mc seems to stiff if he's danglig he should wave(?) more
Mm, that may be a detail I missed to include. Thank you, I'll consider modifying the animation!