• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Proofreader] [S>Writer] First time Proofreader looking for some work

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Skills:
Native English speaker/writer, with a good few years of writing roleplay, focused on combat and lewds. I've been creatively writing/roleplaying since about 2008 or so. From what writing partners have told me before, I seem to have a natural aptitude for those types of scenes. I attribute it to reading many books (mostly fantasy) my whole life.

Preferred method of contact:
Preferably here on F95 to start, then perhaps Discord or something else could be arranged later.

Employment Type & Rates:
No specific rate as I don't have any actual experience with it as of yet, but willing to be paid however you wish, whether it's per word, hour, or even just a percentage of whatever profits are made (i.e. share).

Availability:
Pretty much whenever as I'm currently not working and looking to make some income. Actual hours will depend on whether or not I have things to do on certain days. But to put a number on it, anywhere from 4-8 hours a day for 5-6 days of the week depending on how demanding the work is, my availability, and the amount of text to be worked on.

Work Samples:
As I have mentioned, I have no professional experience with proofreading, however, I do have a few roleplays I have saved on Pastebin as well as a couple of local files I'll attach as well. In each instance, I play Toram, Azzam, or Guaire. The others are other people I was writing with at the time. I also have a sample of a story I was working on for a little while by myself but never finished. (Just a note, Toram is a character based on Wheel of Time, but also OC. Azzam is an OC based on VtM. And Guaire is a complete OC. Also, some or all of the examples didn't get recorded until after the initial interaction or else they already had an existing relationship of some sort or another.)

Additional comments:
While I'm not the best ever at writing or even speaking, I believe that my services could come in handy to some people/teams. Playing some of the games on here I've noticed inconsistencies as well as grammar and spelling issues that seem rather easy to me to be able to fix. I can speak/write a smattering of a few other languages, but I only feel confident enough to try to proofread text that has already been translated into English. And I don't trust myself or the internet enough to just machine translate and then fix it from there. So please, only things that have already been translated into English already as I've stated. With all that said, thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll consider me now or even in the future.