Fitting assets over hairs etc.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
Sorry if it's double, I sought but could not find it, and yes, it is probably a dumb noob question...

I have a G8F character, I put hairs (for G8F, no conversions, etc.) that are automatically parented to the G8F, perfect.
I then want to add up something (a blindfold) to the same character. The blindfold goes to the character and "fit to" it, and parent to it, great.
Except, that even if the hair are parented to the character thus becoming "part of it", the blindfold ignores the hairs, it effectively does the "fit to" directly to the skull - so, it ends up disappearing under the hairs, but not in the sense that it is covered by them (possible), really in the sense it is like if it became kind of part of the scalp.

I tried to change the tipe of fitting from autofit to transforms, but no dice. Tried to change the "fit to" to the hairs, but still no luck.
Unfortunately, the blindfold in question does not have really any special morphs (well, it's a freebie :)), but given that the hair is already parented to the character (and hierarchically under the character), I was expecting it would be able to understand it needs to cover the hairs.

Does anybody have any suggestion that can help (aside from saving the blindfold and try to add some morphs to it to change the size of the back part without changing the front part with other software like Blender, something which is above my skills) ?

Thanks

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
With DAZ 3D Studio I wouldn't know how to do it, but if I wanted to do the blindfold I would do it after rendering, with the Gimp.I suppose it could be done with Photoshop too, but I haven't used that thing for many years, I prefer to use free software.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Try a bit of everything :

Add a smooth modifier on the hairs, collision item = blindfold.
Add a smooth modifier on the blinfold, collision item = hairs.
Use dForce on the hairs, so they 'fall' on the blindfold.
Use GIMP/PS to 'correct' any results.