Fixing script errors with unren

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
Sometimes ren'py is nice enough to tell me which line throws an error in a game so I've tried using unren to 'decompile? ' the script file and fix the error, but once that's done I can no longer launch the game. Is there a way to 'recompile?' the files again?

Reactions: mr john

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Sometimes ren'py is nice enough to tell me which line throws an error in a game so I've tried using unren to 'decompile? ' the script file and fix the error, but once that's done I can no longer launch the game. Is there a way to 'recompile?' the files again?
There's no need to "recompile" the files, Ren'py do it automatically by itself every time you launch the game.

If the errors that prevent you to launch the game after having used unren are "duplicated label", then just launch the game a second time and everything will be fine.

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
There's no need to "recompile" the files, Ren'py do it automatically by itself every time you launch the game.

If the errors that prevent you to launch the game after having used unren are "duplicated label", then just launch the game a second time and everything will be fine.
Oh, I never tried that. Thank you.

Reactions: mr john