RPGM Flames of Desire [Development Thread]

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Hello all, this is the 1st time i do development thread i don't know what exactly i should talk about here, but i thought this will be a good way to share my plans for my game and get some feedback .

Title1.png

Flames of Desire is a game i been working on for almost 2 years, well to be honest it more less because i took very long brake for reasons but i am trying to comeback,

What the game is about and what i want to do with this game ?

About the Game

-I am using Rpg Maker MV to make the game and Daz for renders, i am also trying to make the game feel little different from many of the RPG Maker games here with using Daz to make the maps and the characters assets in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Story

-For the story i can't share so much for 2 reasons the first is i don't want to spoil the story and the second reason is i wanted the game to have the feel of mystery in both gameplay and story, all i can say now that i am plan to do adventure rpg game that don't focus only on sex but also the world and the characters,

all i can say for now that the game in act1 at least will be inspired so much from the mid east and north africa culter and aesthetic,

the Main Character is a guy living in his father house,
his father have merried 3 womens including the MC mother for sure, the MC mother died for a long time, and at the start of the game events the MC father will be married to a new women,
the MC was spoiled boy who have evrything he want but he grow up carless, he don't have job or life, all what he do is drinking and the tavrens and sleep, but after his father merried the 4th women the father will decide to not give the MC money anymore and from that moment the MC will need to relay on himself to live, so he will start meeting new people and from that the story will begin,

keep in mind this is not the main story of the game it just the starting

Main Character Mechanics

The main character/player will have 2 base mechanics, hunger and stamina, they both drop over time but if the hunger stat drop the stamina will drop faster over time,
to restore hunger the player must eat for sure and to restore stamina there is food that restore small ammount of stamina or drop it like beer, there is potion that restore stamina,
and sleeping is the best way to restore it.
-the player can also learn some skills, for now the game only have cooking and alchemy crafting skills and i plan to add more in the future, so far this skills are not really visible but you can see it when you craft, the more locked crafting area the player have the more skilled he is, skills stats don't drope so if the player reach max lvl he can't lose this skills and it don't need so much time to lvl up skill.
-the player also have reputation stat, the only reputation stat i have in the game is working in the warehouse reputation, the differance between skills and reputation the reputation can drop, for example in the warehouse if the player succeed he will gain reputation and Jabari the one who taking care of the warehouse will give him harder job = more money if the player win, but if the player lose the reputation will drop, i can use reputation system in different ways and i plan to add a MC menu in the future when i add enough skill and reputations so the player can see it.
side note: the warehouse for now have only 2/3 lvls.

World and Mechanics

-For the world of the game and some of the gameplay elements i am inspired so much from games like Diablo 2 and Baldur's gate 1&2 but for sure using Rpg Maker you can expect the JRPG combat mechanics.
the world is the focus of the story and the gameplay, so here what i want to build,

There is real time in the game so the clock always moving and almost all of the characters in the world will have day routine, even some of the enemies, this mechanic is a cure and a blessing for a reason, using daily routine for characters mean that at the start of development i will have the world feel empty most of the time because if character "A" standing in map "1" in the morning he will leave map "1" and go to other map in the evening, also character "A" can't have the same event's in every time and map so i need to build a new event and dialogue in each map the character is in and without guide it easy for the player to get lost but this is a thing i wanted the player to feel "lost", i also can play more with the characters and give them more story time and contents.

Isn't bad to make the players who play your game lost ? yes that true but i have a reason for that, my plans with this game is to have acts i didn't plan how many act's the game will have but at least i must have 3 act's to do the full story i want, almost every act will have final boss, but to find this boss you need to investigate the problems in the world to find this boss, i will build many pathes for that and you can follow just 1 path to reach the boss ignoring the other pathes so you can finish act 1 with just doing 20% of the contents of act 1 because i want every player to have different experiance, but even if you finish act1 with just 20% of the contents of that act you can still return and do the other contents without effecting the story.

Characters and Mechanics

-Most of the characters the player meet will have 2 stats, Love & Submission, depend on the player actions and luck one of this stats will increase or decrease, what i mean is for example in sex scene the scene will have like 3 poarts, if the player choose to kiss the female in the scene there is chance/mood of the female character for this action to happen, for example if the player have 1/5 love with this female there is 20% chance fo the action to happen if the love stat is 2/5 there is 40% chance for it to happen ... but the chance value change depend on the action and the female character preferance like for example there is characters who will not like anal sex so having this scene will be much harder,
and the same for submission but the scenes will change and every character can be submissive in different way, some by black mail others by different ways.
side note: Love and Submission don't work only for sex scene, it can work in different ways so if you see male character have this stats don't worry that don't mean gay contents it just can work for different gameplay mechanics same for females.
also you can see the characters stats if you enter menu > characters. (time will pause but the game will not i don't know how yet so keep in mind if you are in dungeon and try to evoid enemies don't use this menu)

Combat

-The combat is basic side view rpg maker combat, for now i didn't add so much to it because it consume so much development time but i hope i can improve it in the future,
for now the player can learn abilities from character named Amina in the 1st city map at night, you can find her there from mid night to early morning and she can teach the player combat ability using talent tree, every 1 lvl is = to 1 talent point so if the player lvl 1 he can learn 1 ability, Amina teach the player only warrior abilities so for magical abilities i will add new character for that in the future.
-the weapon of the character is always fixed so he can't change weapons and i think also armor, i made my own SV combat sprite and i don't want armor or weapons to look the same when player change armor and weapons and to be honest i didn't find a way to do that in RPG Maker so i decide to have weapon and armor enchantment mechanic to power up the player weapons and armor without changing them, this mechanic is still under development it not in the game yet but i left some enchantment items in the dungeon but it have drop chance so not everyone will find it.
-The player can also have allies, in 1 quest dungeon i made the player will allie with a character but it just for a quest for now, i am thinking about allies mechanic who can stick with the players and effect some of the story or side story events like if te player have character "A" with him in the party and he talk to character "1" in the world, an event can be triggered,
still i am not sure if i can or should do that in act 1.
-Dungeons for now are still under development so i can't talk so much about them, i have many plans but still i don't want to say things that maybe i will not do in the future, i have 1 dungeon so far the player can go to it open after saving Naziha quest, again it still under development but i plan to add more to it like bosses who drop items with high value, chests and maybe side quests the player can do like in the dungeon i have i can have side quest for the player to save girls from the bandits but i can't promise anything for now, i still need to focus more on adding more characters and events to the current maps before i go to dungeons.

Quests

-Yest the game is RPG Maker game but don't expect other Quest menu, like i said before when i talked about the world i want the lost and mystery feeling to exist in the game so i didn't want to have quest log because overall i wanted to build an open game not linear one so having quest log will tell the player to go from A to B and B to C and again i didn't want that,
so how the player can find what to do, at the start i wanted the player to create his own quests and look for things by himself using dialogue hints or maybe by chance, but maybe because the game i early in development and lack contents or maybe it just don't work that way, many of the players who try the game get lost after the opining/1st event of the game,
so i decide to do something that help the player, i added a fortune taller that give hints for what the player can do for small amount of money, and this hint's can be always found in the characters menu.
but still i think i will keep some of the side events secret to some players to find .

Map

-At the start of the game the map will be mostly closed for 2 reasons, the first is the game still under development for sure and the second reason is i wanted the 1st map to feel more like a tutorial to the player to help him understand the game before he go out to the wild and also it tutorial for me to know how i am gonna build my game world.
-I will try to evoid making huge maps as much as possibe for lag problems because i want to fill every map with many events and things for the player to do and i don't want to have walking simulator.
-For now i will start to build the city map slowly before i make the outside of the city, the city will have many zones to explore, and things for the player to do,
for combat there is the bandits in the city and maybe i will add other type of enemies.
-I will explain how i will build the city,
*For now I have a shoping area in the center of the map for shops and that stuff, some bandits will be hanging around there at night, they are weak and the player can deal with them,
*There is the poor people area of the map "thugs hood" where the player can find enemies and it will be filled with bandits at night time, i plan to add brothel or tavren/brother in there,
*The south is where the player live, there is only the warehouse and the inn so far and for sure the player house,
*Sea shore area in the north, for now there is nothing to do there only fishing and selling fish,
in the future i plan to add the main city where rich people live, tample area, castle and barracks, and other poor area in the south-west of the map, and after that i will start building outside of the city areas, still everything can change for sure and i can't talk about how i will build outside of the city for now.

Art

-For scenes i am using Daz studio so you can expect the usual Daz renders for scenes, i will not use animation because my skills are not good with it and the project have many events and characters that don't allow to have animation because it need so much time and the file size will be so huge with animation and i don't want that.
-Like i showed before i will also use Daz art for maps, characters terrain view and battle view and maybe i will use it for battle abilities effects.
-I will not foucs so much on music and sound effect at least for now because i prefare to end act 1 as fast as possible

Ending

That all for now, i know this project look impossible and to be honest stupid to be made by 1 guy still i will keep trying hard to make this game the way i imagine it at the start of development, and i hope for you to give me your honest feedback even if it harsh because i will try hard to make this game as good as possible.

Reactions: Shikharisfree

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Hi everyone i released 0.0.1.5 version of the game, it have big replayable event about Amina, you can find Amina in the MC father house street from mid night to 5am but to see this event you must talk to her before 3am.
The download link is open for anyone in my page.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
This update took me 2 month, to be honest i wanted to add more things to it but the time was not enough for me.
I prepared new Blacksmithing system for the game with items that upgrade weapons and armor, like i said in this dev thread that i didn't want to have weapons and armor change without making them change in art (sprites and battele art) so i decide to have things like runes and glyphs that upgrade this weapons and armors in different ways and they can be crafted, equiped and unequiped for sure.
for now i will focus only on small basic things like adding damage and armor to test it and balance around it,
here an example on how the crafting system will work:
Blacksmithing Example.png
Player will mix empty Glyphs and Runes with Ore or Magical stone, each type of stone or ore will have his own stat and rarity, some are easy to find other are not.
I hope i can finish this next update with other things for sure.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Hi, I had many problem so I didn't progress so much, I am not sure if I could release the next update at the start of next month and I don't want to release half baked update that why I decided to release next update maybe at mid march or the start of april.

In the next update I will focus on the pirates story and the reputation system with the pirates, here an example of how reputation will look like: Reputation Screen Example.png
So the idea is the player will have 2 choices, help the pirates or become enemy with them, for the next update I will focus on the story and the quest for only helping the pirates and if I have time I will try to maybe start the story of player becoming enemy with the pirates.
That's all I can share for now without spoiling anything.