Unity - Completed - Flare and the Dungeon of Courage [Final] [MeltyMilk]

1. 1.00 star(s)

souldead341

Well, I downloaded this a few days ago, got around to trying it now. Some of this is covered in the other review, but here's it all.

The game doesn't actually tell you anything about what to do to start it. You get told by a guy at the spawn you need a blood price, get a bow and some arrows (loading the save or leaving for a while and returning seems to restore the arrow spawn). You go up to a gate and are told you need a blood price. Nothing indicates you have to go the opposite direction to find the deer for the blood. The deer don't even spawn until you go far enough south. Then nothing tells you how to actually use the blood. It seems to indicate you need to place the blood from your inventory on the statue, or interact with it to do that. No, you just need to walk past the statue to the gate which will now magically open, and leave the blood in your inventory. Then you get a club and fight a few zombies, then something weird after that (no idea what they're supposed to be. After that I gave up since the game is just shit for the following reasons.

Graphics feel straight out of Oblivion or Fallout 3, in fact I'm fairly sure that the statue is just a slightly modified one from oblivion.

The movement is really floaty, and the controls for jumping and dodging are just weird. When you have a weapon drawn jump and dodge switch buttons, for no discernible reason. Walking over any small obstacle on the ground launches you up like a jump.

The animations for movement don't match your actual movement speed, you move about 75% the speed your walking / running animations indicate you should be. The ladder climbing animations are kind of hilarious, with the torso and head staying completely still and the arms and legs having 2 frames of animation for the climb, just instantly going from the lower rung to the higher and vis versa. The dodge roll is just weird as well, kind of like it's all animated as a roll backwards no matter which way the character is facing

The attack combo with the club was fine when i was fighting the zombies, but when I got to the what ever after them it suddenly changed from a stationary swing combo to a charge forward and swing attack. I tested standing still, moving various directions, and running. Nothing changed the fact that I had a random charge that meant I literally couldn't hit the enemies, since the charge would send the character 5 feet past them before the swing and i couldn't get far enough away due to their movement speed.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Innocent Chloe

No just no....

So gameplay - easy answer NO
    You start the game get a bow and 10 arrows, you have to kill deer to get blood to open the gate. First deer took 5 arrows to kill, fine. Next deer took 2 and each one after took 2. Only guess what I am now out of the 10 arrows I started with. Could not find how to get more arrows - talked to the guy, checked the place where I got my first arrows. Nothing. Well thought out game!

Gave up, went to forums, downloaded the gallery unlocker only to discover in the gallery there are no genitals, I am not speaking of censorship but literally the devs did not program any genitals in you basically have two blocky characters bumping and grinding against each other and that is your h-animation.

Waste of time DO NOT DOWNLOAD - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.