[R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Unpaid Dead in Venice

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Project:
-DEAD IN VENICE (provisional title, of course) will be a Narrative Oriented Free Renpy Game about raising a child until he becomes a man, helping him reach his earthly goals... and a certain other condition in his adulthood.
The MC is born an illegitimate child to a very special family of wealthy merchants and has to climb and claw his way up in any way he sees fit. That means making a lot of difficult moral choices. He will endure the hardships of a post-Black plague Venetian city and society with the help of several obscure mentor figures with unknown purposes, (that may or may not bear his best interest in mind) and whose advice could prove to be as dangerous as their rage.

My idea is to divide the game in three stages:
*The first one, where you play as a child and contains NO SEX SCENES, but still shows plenty of blood and gore (since many of the choices imply killing some member of the family or the other, by arson, poisoning... And he has a first traumatic contact with necromancy) that helps with world building, establishing your MC's personality and preferences. It will also set a path for him, providing he doesn't die. It will be the shortest stage.
I want to make this "skipable" for players who have already gone through this part of the story and just want to reach the adulthood stage, by creating a questionary in order to fill the character sheet and continue.

*The second, where the character reaches adulthood and gets to be fully aware of the world that surrounds him . The kind of family he is part of. This is the point where he has to decide whether he wants to be a part of the "rat race" for immortality or not, once he has seen what is waiting for people on the other side. He will meet most of his potential lovers, allies and enemies and experience or inflict several degrees of abuse upon others. (WARNING: incest, lots of it, NTR, both active and passive rape, crossdressing, necrophilia, general corpse defiling, extreme sadism and masochism, consensual domination, religious mortification of the flesh, and lots of broken taboos intertwined)
Depending on the kind of person you are by then, you can pursue a career in the Church, mortal world politics, or become a living saint with True Faith (and an extensive knowledge of the Evil that lurks within Christianity and how to fight it)

*If you have managed to convince the right people that one human life is not enough for you, a third stage will open for you. You will become even more aware of your place in the whole scheme of things and discover some painfully inconvenient truths. Immortality and magic do not solve problems, they just turn them into problems of a different sort.
This level will be the longest, involving several centuries of plotting and trying to survive your relatives, external forces and your own neurosis, anxieties and self destructive impulses. Friends will turn into enemies, enemies into lovers, and descendants into strangers. Help raising empires and watch them turn to dust.

So... by now you have probably guessed this is a Vampire the Masquerade: Dark Ages- based nonprofitable fangame and we will be unable to monetize it LOL
It is based on my friends' characters and campaigns of old, as a love letter to our youth and the people we left behind. Cancer is a b...tch, and my main objective is to encourage people to donate to their local organizations and charities instead of doing it directly to me as a Dev.
Once again> it is a Free game.

Developer:

-Me, myself and I... until you join me, that is. No fancy names yet. Just a dreamer with an idea.

Looking for:
-Wonderful English speakers with time to spare, in order to write, proofread and help me translate my cute little gamu.
Oh, a python or Renpy programmer would be nice, too, but I dont intend to abuse your generosity.

Employment Type:
-Unpaid, but fear not: were we to receive any kind of donations *which I highly doubt* they would be equally distributed between partners.

Work commitment:
-Beggers can't be choosers. I'm as flexible as it comes, but I would like to release next year. No pressure.

Preferred method of contact:
-Email, Kik, pm, Discord, answering to this thread. You name it.

Job Description:
Writing, translating, proofreading and/or offering constructive criticism. Like most people in my country, I got my C2 English certificate out of a cereal box and I can't truly rely on it. I suffer from excessive verbosity, to say the least :(
Also some writing, since Femdom and Heterosexual relationships are not really my thing *while I know the mechanics it probably won't come out as natural as it should* but I would like to add them.

Or programming, which is much needed.
Any other kind of help will be welcome, too. I'm open to suggestions

Additional comments:

-Most sprites and non sexual art of the first two stages are almost finished. They follow a semirealistic style, as in my avatar. No anatomical excesses, as in megatits or gigacocks, will be shown. Just regular people with a wide range of body types. Even monstruous and deformed.
BG are based on famous art works and royalty free pictures with the proper modifications to fit the narrative.
Any new characters you suggest will of course be added.

*Yep, this will contain homosexual options. Many of them, but it won't be limited to that. It is also planned to include NTR, because Medieval people were all about suffering and heavenly rewards lol
Don't hate me.

*Why a WEG: it's a means to an end. Instead of simply spamming my way through boards preaching Cancer awareness, I have resolved to give people some entertainment. And if by the end of the day they decide we deserve a reward, they may throw an euro or two to their local organizations and make us happy.
Also, I have a story to tell, (a good one, I think) and this seems the most sensible way to do it. These characters behave logically and the game will reward intelligence, cunningness and sensible decisions. They aren't there as simple fuckdolls, they have their own goals and personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cul

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Good news! I finally got myself some Spanish and Itali-bros to help me with the development of my proyect
*A composer
*A second artist
*A couple of writers
*A programmer who will contribute with us in his spare time
But we still are in need of help, so...

I have realized that I have never got to show any of the "art", so here come a couple of samples:
vanozza6.jpg rotada 3.jpg
cabra6.png
room1.jpg
angelocuerpoentero4.jpg

Hope you like them (and if you dont...well, I have started drawing about a month and a half ago, so there is plenty of room for improvement :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Crystal Clover

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Hey, about proofreading, are you still looking for one?:)
Yes! That sounds like an answer to my prayers! We are not exactly drowning in help here (It may or may not be because of that NTR tag lol)
I just hope you are really patient, because most of the text is written in the same broken English you can find in the presentation aboveo_O

tomtony

Jun 6, 2018
No worries. If you wish to you can add me on discord and i can help you out the best i can:)
tomtony#1990

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
No worries. If you wish to you can add me on discord and i can help you out the best i can:)
tomtony#1990
Hi, I tried to reach you by Discord yesterday but somehow it didn' t work. I' m new to Discord and not even sure I' m doing it the right way :unsure:

fireox

Mar 17, 2018
This looks like a worthy cause so I can suffer through some NTR to help out. I can proofread, and write if needed. I can also translate and localize the game to Brazilian Portuguese if that's something you ever want to do. You can add me on discord @ Nonnuss#2840

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
This looks like a worthy cause so I can suffer through some NTR to help out. I can proofread, and write if needed. I can also translate and localize the game to Brazilian Portuguese if that's something you ever want to do. You can add me on discord @ Nonnuss#2840
Thanks for joining our growing team! I sent you a friendship request :)
The NTR part is actually quite small in the great scheme of things, and it will be possible to take revenge on the cheater(s) in several subtle or very gruesome ways. Forget women: Hell hath no fury like a vampire scorned!
You could also choose to be magnanimous and forgive and forget, but... what's the fun in that?
Welcome!

Oddity_Official

Feb 2, 2020
Hey, I'm down to help you out with the writing and proofreading if you want.
I'm multilingual and have used English since I was a kid. I can read, write, and speak natively.

Oddity#5706

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Hey, I'm down to help you out with the writing and proofreading if you want.
I'm multilingual and have used English since I was a kid. I can read, write, and speak natively.

Oddity#5706
Thanks! There is no such thing as too many writers :)
I´ll hit you tomorrow!

Sep 11, 2020
thats nice. if you want help im fluent in both english and spanish. i could spare the time. just message me if you want.