Others Flowerglade [v0.1.03] [Lavastone]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Hey Dev,
Tried the game out for the cute art, played for a bit over an hour, quite enjoyed it.
A couple quick comments (some are bugs, some are personal opinions):
1. When making a sexual request to more than 2-3 girls at once, the "Controls" box is above the one of ths girls. When selecting one of the other girls, and attempting to make a sexual request, the game registers it as selecting the one below the box, rather than making a request. I've also had it select the right girl, but when requesting an action, another one does it, even if dialogue indicates the right one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2. The following events; points gained, character status, character hearts (in conversation), bonus multiplier, etc. messages, produce a "popping" sound effect when they disappear. These effects seem to stack, and will sometimes keep on playing for up to 10 seconds after an event. I will sometimes be 3 rooms away and still be hearing the sound effects expiring. This is also the case for messages remaining on screen after I've changed rooms.
2.1. Other than environment sounds, most gameplay-related sound effects all use the same "popping" effect. Variety in these sounds would be nice, as the "popping" effect becomes pretty annoying after some time. I personally dislike it when it occurs from the hearts girls produce around their head when in a conversation, as it's every couple of seconds, and always followed by the expiry popping.
3. In several instances, a girl would be nowhere on the map. They'd re-appear when advancing time or spending time with another one, but it'd be confusing, and not supported/explained by game plot, or game mechanics.
3.1. Optionally, would you consider adding an indicator on the map, indicator in the corner of the screen, or an arrow towards location markers indicating where girls are? I spent quite a bit of time wandering everywhere with 2-3 girls following me, looking for the 4th one.
4. An indicator of the quantity of flowers (or other inventory objects) gathered would be helpful.
5. When enough quests are completed without being cleared for points, they stack and "bleed out" of the quest log box (and off the screen).
6. Option to save the game (save file?) would be helpful.
7. Navigation between rooms on the map is a bit confusing. All travel markers are identical, and the names of locations aren't visible unless the cursor is put above them. Either having custom markers, or having the names of areas listed beside the marker would be helpful.
7.1. Specifically, an annoying one is the "Mountains" marker in the "Hills" area. It's too far on the side of the screen, and partially blends with the backgound. Would you consider moving it to the mountain in the background, just below the "Advance Time" button?
8. When pausing the game, 4 buttons that link to the dev (you) are on the bottom left of the screen (patreon, onlyfans, flower pot, and a + symbol). I don't know what the latter 2 are, as I'm unable to click them. When I do, it opens my code editor. I assume they're probably linked to .html files, but since my default .html app isn't a browser, they don't work. Would you consider adding a text beside them that indicates where they're going? or having a url pop up so it can be copied, or opened up for users that don't have .html files defaulted to their browser?
9. Similarly to the comment about travel markers, the "sexual requests" buttons are too similar. Variety would be appreciated, or an option that doesn't require needing to put the cursor above the button to see what it does.
9.1. After playing the game for over an hour, the need to click "back" in the "controls" box, after requesting everything which can be requested in that section is a bit annoying. As an example, once you remove the top, and the bra, you have to click "back" to get to the other options. If it could at least do it automatically..?
10. Is it possible to have the points messages be merged into one? Having 5-6 messages on my screen saying "+214 Blossoms!", "+159 Blossoms!", "+189 Blossoms!" seems pointless, this isn't a fighting game where you deal AoE damage with spells.
11. After making a sexual request, the girl's dialogue box starts invisible and then slowly fades in, which makes sense game design-wise, but is a bit annoying from a player's POV. I don't really have any ideas on how to fix this; maybe move the dialogue box to the middle of the screen, change the "controls" box to be just buttons? or something that would allow to see girls' full body without being hidden by dialogue..? However that might mess with scenes that include more than one girl.
12. Having a more clear system that explains how points, girls affection, mood, passion, bronze rings, etc. affects the game, scenes together, and requests would be appreciated. I'm sure there's an internal logic that makes sense, but as a player, it seems a bit arbitrary and pointless when affection caps start being reached constantly.
13. When girls are bathing in the waterfall, the "remove bra" and "remove underwear" requests re-appear when you go "back", and can be requested infinitely, without anything extra being removed from their bodies.
14. When putting your mouse over the blossoms counter when in the hidden cave, the dropdown bleeds out off the screen.
15. I've had this happen only once, but when in a multiple-girl "sexual request" scene at the waterfall, when tring to give an Exotic Bloom to a girl, it didn't work, and the Exotic Bloom item stayed on the screen over the "sexual requests" buttons and any other button of the "controls" box for the remainder of the scene.
16. When girls follow you, they'll appear in any room you wander to, except the Deep Forest, where only one of them will.

Hope this helps, looking forward to further updates.

Reactions: FlowergladeDev

FlowergladeDev

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2024
Hey Dev,
Tried the game out for the cute art, played for a bit over an hour, quite enjoyed it.
A couple quick comments (some are bugs, some are personal opinions):
1. When making a sexual request to more than 2-3 girls at once, the "Controls" box is above the one of ths girls. When selecting one of the other girls, and attempting to make a sexual request, the game registers it as selecting the one below the box, rather than making a request. I've also had it select the right girl, but when requesting an action, another one does it, even if dialogue indicates the right one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2. The following events; points gained, character status, character hearts (in conversation), bonus multiplier, etc. messages, produce a "popping" sound effect when they disappear. These effects seem to stack, and will sometimes keep on playing for up to 10 seconds after an event. I will sometimes be 3 rooms away and still be hearing the sound effects expiring. This is also the case for messages remaining on screen after I've changed rooms.
2.1. Other than environment sounds, most gameplay-related sound effects all use the same "popping" effect. Variety in these sounds would be nice, as the "popping" effect becomes pretty annoying after some time. I personally dislike it when it occurs from the hearts girls produce around their head when in a conversation, as it's every couple of seconds, and always followed by the expiry popping.
3. In several instances, a girl would be nowhere on the map. They'd re-appear when advancing time or spending time with another one, but it'd be confusing, and not supported/explained by game plot, or game mechanics.
3.1. Optionally, would you consider adding an indicator on the map, indicator in the corner of the screen, or an arrow towards location markers indicating where girls are? I spent quite a bit of time wandering everywhere with 2-3 girls following me, looking for the 4th one.
4. An indicator of the quantity of flowers (or other inventory objects) gathered would be helpful.
5. When enough quests are completed without being cleared for points, they stack and "bleed out" of the quest log box (and off the screen).
6. Option to save the game (save file?) would be helpful.
7. Navigation between rooms on the map is a bit confusing. All travel markers are identical, and the names of locations aren't visible unless the cursor is put above them. Either having custom markers, or having the names of areas listed beside the marker would be helpful.
7.1. Specifically, an annoying one is the "Mountains" marker in the "Hills" area. It's too far on the side of the screen, and partially blends with the backgound. Would you consider moving it to the mountain in the background, just below the "Advance Time" button?
8. When pausing the game, 4 buttons that link to the dev (you) are on the bottom left of the screen (patreon, onlyfans, flower pot, and a + symbol). I don't know what the latter 2 are, as I'm unable to click them. When I do, it opens my code editor. I assume they're probably linked to .html files, but since my default .html app isn't a browser, they don't work. Would you consider adding a text beside them that indicates where they're going? or having a url pop up so it can be copied, or opened up for users that don't have .html files defaulted to their browser?
9. Similarly to the comment about travel markers, the "sexual requests" buttons are too similar. Variety would be appreciated, or an option that doesn't require needing to put the cursor above the button to see what it does.
9.1. After playing the game for over an hour, the need to click "back" in the "controls" box, after requesting everything which can be requested in that section is a bit annoying. As an example, once you remove the top, and the bra, you have to click "back" to get to the other options. If it could at least do it automatically..?
10. Is it possible to have the points messages be merged into one? Having 5-6 messages on my screen saying "+214 Blossoms!", "+159 Blossoms!", "+189 Blossoms!" seems pointless, this isn't a fighting game where you deal AoE damage with spells.
11. After making a sexual request, the girl's dialogue box starts invisible and then slowly fades in, which makes sense game design-wise, but is a bit annoying from a player's POV. I don't really have any ideas on how to fix this; maybe move the dialogue box to the middle of the screen, change the "controls" box to be just buttons? or something that would allow to see girls' full body without being hidden by dialogue..? However that might mess with scenes that include more than one girl.
12. Having a more clear system that explains how points, girls affection, mood, passion, bronze rings, etc. affects the game, scenes together, and requests would be appreciated. I'm sure there's an internal logic that makes sense, but as a player, it seems a bit arbitrary and pointless when affection caps start being reached constantly.
13. When girls are bathing in the waterfall, the "remove bra" and "remove underwear" requests re-appear when you go "back", and can be requested infinitely, without anything extra being removed from their bodies.
14. When putting your mouse over the blossoms counter when in the hidden cave, the dropdown bleeds out off the screen.
15. I've had this happen only once, but when in a multiple-girl "sexual request" scene at the waterfall, when tring to give an Exotic Bloom to a girl, it didn't work, and the Exotic Bloom item stayed on the screen over the "sexual requests" buttons and any other button of the "controls" box for the remainder of the scene.
16. When girls follow you, they'll appear in any room you wander to, except the Deep Forest, where only one of them will.

Hope this helps, looking forward to further updates.
Hey! Thanks so much for the thorough response. A good number of these are fixed in build I'm currently working on, the buttons behaving strangely in multi character interactions have been fixed for the next build, as have the infinate undress bug at the waterfall. It's the first time I've heard that feedback on the sounds. I'll definitely think about adding more variety and perhaps removing some entirely - also the sexual request buttons could definitely do with some individuality.

I've added these to the feature board.
Thanks again! Hope you enjoyed your time with it, despite these bugs :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: grahegri

FlowergladeDev

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2024
out of curiosity, how long until we can control the girls outfits, ie. how long until i can have them go around bottomless
I can't say for certain yet - likely be around the mid game, chapter 5 ish. Definitely a plan for that though. Bottomless and more.

FlowergladeDev

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2024
Any new info on when next update shall be released?
Next few months. Hopefully under two. I've been making a ton of quality of life improvements and bug fixes - I'm about to start adding the next actual chapter next week which will add more game content. New story, new art, new requests. More of everything basically. There's a discord now where I post updates if you're interested in joining.

FlowergladeDev

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2024
how different is 0.1.03?
0.1.03 is a hotfix for a save bug that was locking people out of completing the story. There's no new content compared to 0.1.02. There's new content in the patreon builds however if you're interested in supporting.

kebv2353

Apr 20, 2023
Next few months. Hopefully under two. I've been making a ton of quality of life improvements and bug fixes - I'm about to start adding the next actual chapter next week which will add more game content. New story, new art, new requests. More of everything basically. There's a discord now where I post updates if you're interested in joining.
I'll make sure to join but is there any sexual scenes upcomming or is it a pureley soft nudity game. You have in mind? I really enjoyed the current game well done!

Reactions: aslover69
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote