3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

randomname42

May 30, 2017
@NightTrain Thanks for the Ren'Py version - it's much appreciated and makes the game actually playable unlike most of HoneyGames' prior works. You say that the conversion was mostly done through machine conversion from Unity - may I ask how that's done? While I'm decently familiar with Ren'Py, I haven't much experience with Unity at all, so I'm curious as to how it's done.

Additionally, a couple of bugs to mention, at least the ones I still remember from playing it (fairly late at night) yesterday:

The 0.1.1 patch's images are in PNG format, whereas script.rpy expects them in JPG for the studio model agency (line 293).

The choke command for Kirsten's sex position 1 has inconsistent logic - it requires domination value of 11 (line 9874) instead of the 6 that it should be (based on the code in line 9883 that increases it to 7 if it wasn't already). Choke in sex position 3 (line 10014) is correct.

When talking to Julian at the beach bar during weekends (Julian__BeachBar, line 5461) there is no image, only a transparent/checkerboard background.

The script includes a call girl for photoshoot scene for Krisztina (if the krisztinapic variable is 1), but at no point in the script is it ever changed to 1 from the default 0. The dialogue from the Krisztina photoshoot scene indicates you should've learned of her from Michelle, but that doesn't actually happen. I don't know if this was an issue with the original game, but it renders the scene unreachable unless you manually set it via console.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
@NightTrain Thanks for the Ren'Py version - it's much appreciated and makes the game actually playable unlike most of HoneyGames' prior works. You say that the conversion was mostly done through machine conversion from Unity - may I ask how that's done? While I'm decently familiar with Ren'Py, I haven't much experience with Unity at all, so I'm curious as to how it's done.

Additionally, a couple of bugs to mention, at least the ones I still remember from playing it (fairly late at night) yesterday:

The 0.1.1 patch's images are in PNG format, whereas script.rpy expects them in JPG for the studio model agency (line 293).

The choke command for Kirsten's sex position 1 has inconsistent logic - it requires domination value of 11 (line 9874) instead of the 6 that it should be (based on the code in line 9883 that increases it to 7 if it wasn't already). Choke in sex position 3 (line 10014) is correct.

When talking to Julian at the beach bar during weekends (Julian__BeachBar, line 5461) there is no image, only a transparent/checkerboard background.

The script includes a call girl for photoshoot scene for Krisztina (if the krisztinapic variable is 1), but at no point in the script is it ever changed to 1 from the default 0. The dialogue from the Krisztina photoshoot scene indicates you should've learned of her from Michelle, but that doesn't actually happen. I don't know if this was an issue with the original game, but it renders the scene unreachable unless you manually set it via console.
Thanks for your thorough report! In this I've fixed the JPG vs PNG bug and the Julian BeachBar bug. I'd noticed the bizarre logic with the choke command in sex position 1, but didn't bother changing it since you can get to the same point by choking in position 3, and figured maybe there was some reason the original program was written that way. In hindsight, I should've fixed it, and will in my next patch.

I think I may have really screwed up on the Krisztina bit, and will try to work that in for the next patch as well.

About converting from Unity to Ren'Py, well, I don't know either Unity or Ren'Py and have never written a game, but I really wanted to figure out how to make progress in this game. Looking through the level0 file in the original game, using I could see what looked like script instructions (if, menu, jump, say, show, etc), but there really wasn't much sense to the order. So, I wrote a little Python script to parse the level0 file and produce a set of blocks of instructions (this was way harder than I just made it sound, since I had to reverse-engineer the binary unity file format). Automatically figuring out which character was doing the talking was harder, as was figuring out which image to display (particularly since the original game showed random images all the time). Getting my script to write the instructions in renpy was trivial since there was mostly a one-to-one mapping between unity instructions and renpy instructions.

Then things got tricky. There are 24 levelXX files in the original game, each containing the entire game, but with slightly different versions. So, for example, there was 24 different versions of the code for chatting with Julian at the beach (actually, there may have only been two or three different versions, but the code was repeated in all 24 levelXX files). I've still no idea which version was actually used when the program was running, but it seems to depend on where you came from before you went to the beach (ie, did you come straight from home, or right after going to the shop). Some versions were clearly wrong or out-of-date, and others were only trivially different (I think having the code base repeated 24 times, with several different versions, is part of the reason why the original game is so full of bugs). So, for each block of code, I had to manually decide which version to use. There are a lot of blocks of code, however, and my attention span is limited, so I created an algorithm that tried to guess which version to use. It probably made some mistakes and picked the wrong one. For example, maybe one of the other 23 versions of choking in sex position 1 didn't have the logical inconsistency you pointed out (but they all have the same issue, BTW - I just checked). Thanks to your feedback, I see the algorithm completely missed Michelle's fifth photoshoot, which I've now found in the level18 version but not in the others. This photoshoots leads to introducing Krisztina.

So, I'll try to extract the missing photoshoot and will post another patch soon.

Reactions: rb813 and botc76

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Here's an updated patch, including Michelle's fifth photoshoot, which opens up the Krisztina photoshoot.

D

Deleted member 183910

@NightTrain thanks for the renpy version. Awesome that you put the effort in to do it!
Is it standart for the renpy version that the stats bar at the top is not showing ? The one with the time, money and follower stats.
Or do i have to use any keys to make it show ?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
@NightTrain thanks for the renpy version. Awesome that you put the effort in to do it!
Is it standart for the renpy version that the stats bar at the top is not showing ? The one with the time, money and follower stats.
Or do i have to use any keys to make it show ?
The stats bar should always be there. But "should" is used loosely. I don't really understand Ren'Py (and I really don't understand the online documentation), so I wrote the program by trial-and-error. Everything looks fine on a 1920x1080 screen with windows, and that's all I tested. If anybody out there knows something about renpy and can see what I've done wrong, some advice would be helpful.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
Playing the remake version while applying the patch, when I click on start, I automatically get transferred to Irene introduce me to Meadow which I don't think is how it should be when playing from a new game. @NightTrain

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
So is the game stable now ? I remember the last version didnt let you use old save files, and then starting a new one kept freezing on certain actions, like talking to the Pizza Girl, or doing anything other than eating with brother and his wife, studying on PC, and going to sleep...

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Rythan25

The renpy version is great saves work there have been a few minor bugs but they have been fixed once they were reported. No freezing did I mention saves work.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes