VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Food Truck Story [Ch. 5 v0.55] [Mukashi]

1. 3.00 star(s)

sixpo2

The game has really nice graphics, renders and animations. The story is poor, it is just made from like classic renpy story and just to distinct from the others, here is given something about food truck... The story is rather short and since abandoned, there will be no more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

vlefun

This is really well done! Well-written, well-rendered, and fairly light-hearted game. Good dialogue, distinctive character personalities, and a plot that makes sense. What's not to like?

I have a few constructive criticisms to offer, but only because this is actually quite good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Probably the strongest praise I can offer is that as a 3DCG VN, it makes for smooth viewing and smooth reading both. May not sound like much, but not many games manage to thread that needle.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Kalsan

We could say that the story is quite innovative, after all how many visual novels have you played where the protagonist drove a food truck? The story is simple and doesn't pretend to be too serious, the feeling that it conveyed to me is that of a romantic comedy that focuses more on the characters than on the story itself. The renders are quite good without being spectacular and the developer's inexperience when working with camera angles is noticeable. The girls are the strong point of this game. The models are quite attractive and the personalities of the girls are relatively varied. The game is a harem which is in my opinion a big plus. As I said, the story focuses much more on the girls than on the main story. For me the biggest unknown in the game at the moment is to see how Claire's situation is handled. All in all the game without been perfect is enjoyable and I totally recommend it.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

akikospam74

Renders are good, specially the girls

Story is ok, nothing much so far

But my biggest pet peeve in those games is when girls instantly wanna fuck MC with no apparent reason.
    3.5/5
  5. 5.00 star(s)

liazz577

the renders man. 10/10
    for the content. well it's harem... so I don't have much to say. If u hate harem ur gonna hate, if u like harem ur gonna like, simple at that.
    But those foot fetish camera angles is a minus point. Maybe its just me cuz I dont have foot fetish. Not my cup of tea.
    All in all, keep up the good work !!!!
  6. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I started out liking the game and looking forward to more updates. I liked it because the story is unique for this AVN genre and the girls are all interesting and fun to look at...

So... the good. Solid renders. Unique locations. Interesting LIs. Solid writing.

The bad... The staging. I get what the dev is trying to do with the different camera angles and I actually like some of it, but it's like JJ Abrams and his freaking lens flares. There is just too darn much of it. I think I got motion sickness when the MC went for a jog with Mei. Again, I think some of that would be really effective and very cool, but just to be an ass, I went back and counted all the images in the jogging sequence that contained her face. There were 29 scene changes with mostly unique images. Of those 29, only 5 of them had any images of Mei's face. 5. Considering you never see the face of the MC, that is only 5 images of anyone's face for the entire interaction. I had almost forgotten what Mei looked like by the end of the sequence.

Again, I understand what the dev is trying to do, but it's distracting having all of these different looks and it takes the reader out of the story. Yeah, I get it... her sweaty navel is hot, but come on. It's way too much.

Then there is not showing the MC's face. No need to expand on that one.

Finally, there's the story. Where is this going? Are we just going to have a story with a food truck owner banging chicks?

I have high hopes for this Dev, because they are clearly talented, and I will keep an eye on it. At any rate, you should download and make the decision yourself. There is some decent humor and some good writing and the LIs are all pretty hot.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Brojo

Slow moving story. not that much happening to the point I think the dev is overthinking the direction of the story (or lack thereof) to this point.

Didn't really need the Cyrus scene, at this point, even if it was to set up some certain scene later down the road. It could probably be re-inserted on any given day with the cutout that was taken for it.

Interested to see how it unfolds in a year or two.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

I'm liking the premises, although it's still chapter 5 and there's isn't much happened yet regarding the story. I feel the girls here are gorgeous and likable. With distinct personalities from bubbly, shy/reserved, accommodating to hot tempered and so on. MC has family of a mother and two sisters whom i didn't see them yet. MC's the good guy and with some determination, i liked that.
    Animations aren't that well made tbh. The intimacy and little of romance whatever there's is well done especially Charlie and sometimes Emily, regarding Emily i feel she's that sorta girl if she likes something she takes it even though she doesn't have any past experience. Dialogues and interactions are mature enough, with few hiccups here and there.
    Story isn't progressed much to talk about, there's some sort of mysterious aura around few of them, the way they behave and talk, not that I'm complaining or anything. It's still cryptic in the sense.
    One good thing i noticed this update was that we could actually spend time with everyone without missing anyone's content, which wasn't possible in earlier updates as much i know of.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

humanstickobserver

Has what it needs to be a 5 star game, but also has drawbacks that wound my opinion of it significantly.

pros: Renders/girls. Attractive and unique.
    drama: exists enough to move the story without it being ridiculous.
    story: so far, so simple. Easy to follow, without being shallow on one hand, overly complex on the other, or being yet-another-carbon-copy of another game. Big points in its favor.

so, I only have two cons. And they alone got the game score to be dropped
    2 points.

camera angle: the scenes don't focus on what the MC sees, but random things happening in the vicinity, of all over the girl's bodies. It's disorienting. I appreciate what the dev is trying, and better looks at the girls all over is nice visually, but the constant shifting on the camera pulls me out of the scenes and I hate to say it but... I really don't like it.

romance/sex: This is my biggest drawback. sex scenes are just thrown at you and not earned. Every possible scene comes from the female character basically just propositioning the MC in a way that feels inappropriate for the situation. I've played fuck-a-thon games with more subtle build ups to sex scenes. Each character comes across... well, as a slut, to be honest. Sometimes, that isn't a bad thing in these games, obviously! But when the romance tag is prevalent, and with how the game otherwise frames the MC's behavior and the girl's behavior, their turn on a dime and fuck you attitude feels wrong.
    Simply put, the scenes feel entirely unearned.

My favorite characters are Jade and Charlie. Charlie is flirty and friendly but hasn't tried to jump you yet, and the progression of getting to know her feels more natural.
    And Jade seems to be the slow burn character, and on top of that she's adorable, and my favorite.

Ya know, I hate saying this, but maybe this would have worked better as a sandbox?
    Time spent working the food truck. Time spent building relationships. Maybe then, when story events make the girls available, it won't feel so sudden and unearned.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Belzeebub$

Nothing to say about this game. The dev is completely confused about what to do. There is no story, the models are one of the worst I have ever came across to, only the renders are a bit above par. I will never recommend anyone to try it. It will be a waste of time, data and every other thing we gamers dedicate. P.S: I fell asleep while playing this game. The girls are very very ugly, so is their figure, I felt like puking at a moment.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

The game is surprisingly good. The writing is competent, the dialogues don't have errors and the visuals are good. This is more that you can say about a lot of other games. Give it a try if the game looks interesting to you.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

RoadWulf

So there's a lot here that needs to be talked about.

First off, I really had only downloaded this because the rating was so high. But that was pretty deceiving. This game really isn't that great.

The characters are bland and boring. The only good character out of the bunch is Charlie. She actually has a personality and is rather interesting to interact with. The problem with the rest of the characters is there one-sided, at times super slutty natures. Almost every character does something sexual with him with in their 3rd scene with him. Emily sucks his dick the second time she ever meets him.

Claire makes the least sense, somehow being the slut among sluts and has a giant bush... those don't go together.

There's also the fact that the Dev clearly has some sort of feet fetish because a lot of the early renders of any girl situates on their feet, as if the MC was looking at every part of the girls body except their face. Take the first encounter with Ana for instance. You see her face probably 3 times in that entire conversation.

The story is blah, there's almost no character development. His family and sisters are apparently important to him by the flashback moments but he never contacts them. The game skips over WEEKS of time. For being called "Food Truck Story" very little of the game has anything to do with the Food Truck itself.

Also Dev, for the love of crap, get rid of the credits between every chapter, they are annoying as hell.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Cute enough game thus far.

Not as much content as I expected from a five chapter game, as the chapters themselves are fairly short.

Plot so far is solid, nothing mind-blowing, but nothing offensively bad either.

Character models are good to great, but I wasn't super attracted to any of the girls, really. They are fairly unique looking, though.

Lewd scenes aren't remarkable visually, but the dialogue during them and the sexual scenarios in general are pretty hot.

Not bad, not great, but has potential.

3*
  14. 5.00 star(s)

portgasdluigi

First thing I'll say is to read Storm's review for the game, as I agree with everything they said and they can say it better than I can.

You've got a likeable MC and a good cast of girls who are unique (visually and personality) and a different angle for the story. All the characters are interesting and well written.

Story set up is enjoyable. You leave your home to start up your own food truck (as the title would suggest) You even get to name your business, which is a nice touch by Mukashi. Setting up outside your Uncle's bar, your first customer arrives (It would be rude to forget her). Before the end of your first day you meet Emily (I would call her the main LI but opinions could vary).

Emily gets you introduced to the rest (or at least most...) of the main cast of girls, who are all well written and interesting. So your interactions with the girls begins! I won't say too much here about how this plays out, but you hit it off well with them and you can tell that they each have layers to their characters. Each girl is well written and has some depth, some of those depths are still a mystery for now.

There's a point in the story where one of the ladies makes you offer you'd be crazy to refuse. Wanting you to have sex with all the girls to fulfill hedonistic desires. So the two of you begin your mission to build your "Harem of Hedonism".

Running a Food Truck isn't easy though and Mukashi does a great job of not letting that part of the story fall behind as you deal with money problems and a less than reliable uncle.

Up through version 4.5 it feels like we're in the prologue, which is a good thing. All the pieces and players are being set up for what's shaping up to a great story.

P.S. Keep up the unique camera angles, it gives the game a unique style & sense of direction
  15. 5.00 star(s)

BartPS

This game is a work of art and literature - whether it's great art and literature is perhaps debatable, but consider these lines:

- Boots are hastily put on and the older one bites her tongue in concentration as she balances on one foot.
    - There's no need to be so grandiose or self-important ... The purpose of a man's life is to alleviate the problems that surround him.

The plot certainly contains familiar elements, but it is original enough and the mysteries surrounding the various characters are intriguing enough that I a eagerly await the next release. And speaking of characters, each has become increasingly nuanced as the story progresses. The shy nerd has a flirty side, the bitch lets her guard down, and the rich, successful uncle lets slip a hint of the regrets that clearly plague him.

Finally, the odd "cinematography" reminds me of the series "Scandal", classic manga and anime, alternative 70s and 80s comics, but most of all Picasso's cubism, building a coherent scene via myriad seemingly random views.

There are a few devs that are working to elevate erotic VNs to an art form, and Mukashi is one of the most successful I have encountered so far.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

faradhii

So, my thoughts on game up to chapter 4...

Originally I thought I'd be into the shy, retiring girl, but Emily totally won my heart. Cute, sexy as F, all around great. I literally can't wait to have all that hair draped around me as we go to town. The writing is pretty good, the plot is JUST different enough to be interesting. Clair and her harem building exercise seems to be a godsend (though her bush is a major turnoff for me, YMMV)) The athletic chick, Mei, is great and sexy. I can see doing a separate path later to explore things with her (break point at the gym, I went with Emily (of course) with Claire backup. All in all an excellent start.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

emanresuistaken

Review of Ch. 4 v0.45

Story and setting: Sort of weird, but also different enough to be a little interesting.

Characters: Very distinct characters, most of them are pretty appealing. I like most of them although they still need to be further developed in upcoming chapters.

Art: The renders and girls are beautiful, the animations are decent not great.

Gameplay: normal VN with some choices, would be nice if it had a walkthrough.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

m4pII

To be honest, I avoided this game for a long time because of the title)
    Naturally, I was wrong, and it turned out to be one of the best on the site in terms of characters and scenes.
    Also, there are good renders, dialogues and interesting story.

Claire's character deserves a special mention.
    Everything is perfect in her - design, character, motivation, dialogues ...
    She is perfectly written.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

PuggyArtist

I love the premise of this game... the business-making theme is awesome and fresh in this market; excited to see the story develop with building the food truck business and sorting out the issues with Uncle Cyrus and the permits, plus the relationship-building in the house with the girls and Emily and Cyrus.

The story is interesting and simple but that makes me enjoy it more I love a slice of life; and the reason for the MC fucking all the girls are fresh and unique instead of playing the mega chad because of mega chad energy.

The renders are really nice i love the style and the girls are gorgeous and all unique and interesting although Emily is my fave she's cute and gorgeous.

Keep up the good work Mukashi I'm very excited to see more.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

K-Zen

Mhmmm...I gave this game a try but gave up quite quickly.

The writing is simplistic and so are the dialogs. Nothing deep nor emotionaly engaging.
    Renders are nice but the framing and those close ups are irritating....looking at a chair (or whatever) while someone is talking it's just a no go for me.