Ren'Py - Abandoned - Forbidden Wish [v0.3] [XR6]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Requiem131

Forbidden Wish is a bad game, not sure if even a terrible one (at least in 0.3 version). Main reason being story is non-sensical, with events unfolding without much interaction, sex coming out of the blue and characters feeling dull and boring. There is nothing forbidden anywhere so far either, and the story is so cliched it becomes cringy.

Render quality is not bad, and has some decent points, but is not worth it. Lacks sounds as well.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: 0.3

Nothing worth your time right now.

Graphics
    • renders meet today's standard of good lighting and texture quality
    • animation (there's only two, in the beginning, of Claire, the milf on the game's cover) is good but her line of sight doesn't match the MC she is approaching
    • female models look generic but are attractive - Claire by far being the most attractive, if you like big butt milfs ( but she has no sexual content right now)… the other two girls introduced are uninteresting (see Writing)
    • generic first house, Olivia's (the other mature woman) - I can't list the amount of times I've seen this glass wall house with the stairs used... I'd hope 3d designers are making more options available
    • Olivia and Claire wear the same outfit everyday takes away from any semblance of immersion
    • generic model for MC with the same green sweater and jeans you see as the default male protagonist outfit coupled with his skin and dick looking like an uncooked sausage - dry and matte/monocoloured brown
    • the mature women also need more facial expressions - too often are their faces neutral
    Writing
    • no substantial context to circumstances nor characters - all we get is "Parent's are missing for like 8 months, so you are now living with two milfs shared between two homes". What was he doing for those 8 months then? It's fine if the dev wants to keep the backstory a mystery but I don't know who are these two women the MC has to live with and even that mystery is fine to me except there's no question or thoughts on it from the MC of these people to give some sort of context to what he is now a part of or what he left behind and why so late.
    • lacks substance- the pacing just transitions from one meaningless mundane activity to the next in order to progress the day. Shuffling through time progression fodder like sleep, shower, jog, read... with nothing interesting to make of it or to lead into - just surface level thoughts of the MC you would expect.
      • specifically, too much meaningless showering - so many showers because that's something you do everyday right?! No brainer sure but also no point once you take a look at the entire story thus far (Spoiler: there's none). There isn't even a tease to any of the showering.
    • characters are a joke of trope usage and cardboard personality- there's a good and bad way to use character tropes, this VN doesn't quite have it figured out:
      • Claire (main milf) gets a pass for now, though she is your average kind milf but the baseline of that.
      • MC is an advantageous prick (?) - only characteristic I got from him is "How can I use this information to my advantage?"
      • Olivia is the 1 dimensional "wants to fuck MC" sex token
      • Isabelle (Claire's sister with the old school skrillex haircut) is the worst of the 4 in writing as she is inconsistent in motive and character:
        • she is the bitch sister trope but for what?
        • her motive for wanting MC out the house because of her smoking didn't have any weight to it when it was instantly resolved during dinner with Claire and then she suddenly likes MC enough to bring him with her to shopping despite him blackmailing her prior to that. Also that shopping scene was worthless and short - reasons being it doesn't make sense and nothing comes out of it to make sense.
        • No one grabs someone by the balls (no pun intended) as a threat unless they are an unhinged motherfucker. She just met the dude and hates him enough to grab his balls. And it's strange how he did not use that literal assault to "his advantage" instead he blackmails her for using Onlyfans
    Sexual content
    • there isn't anything good right now - everything is a bad tease: things start but always get interrupted or left dry which I think would have been fine if it didn't write itself so poorly:
      • because the women lack realistic personalities or at least are too generic in how they behave and
      • it's not believable - a plot of mundane events eventually to some AVN trope like spying... lacking necessary meaningful context or sexual build up. However, I'm grateful that no sex is present yet since that would make even less sense.
      • You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In short... bad writing with unjustifiable tropes but good graphics
  3. 3.00 star(s)

oh45

[Review of v0.1 (zip named ForbiddenWish-1.0 however)]

There's not much of a story so far at all. The choices presented so far have no real effects, and none that are lasting. Even though it's a short demo, there are plenty of grammar and spelling errors.

The images have noticeable graininess, and so does the one lewd animation. The protagonist's dick has (of course) an unlikely large size, and the co-resident apparently can't help but get her hands on it.

The game throws an exception - missing images gui/confirm_frame.png and gui/frame.png - if one tries to quit, or to overwrite or delete a save.

Bottom line: there's nothing special here so far, and doesn't yet merit the download and the (maybe) 15 minutes of play time.

As an afterthought, to me it looks like it should also have the "shota" tag.