RPGM - Completed - Forest of the Abyss Complete [v1.12] [SweetSprite]

1. 3.00 star(s)

JakeMSG

Another Review, on this game (and it's sequel), can't really say I fully enjoyed them, especially their grind, even with the pretty alright Scenes they have. Regardless, the full Review of the games, including the Full saves, right on my cool blog, with the proper link:
    [The Link]
    Moving on with the QuickView here:

Review TL;DR:

All Scores:
    ================ Plot = 5.5
    ======== Story = 6
    ======== Characters = 5
    ================ Gameplay = 4.75
    ======== Mechanics = 6.5
    ======== Complexity = 5.5
    ======== Uniqueness = 4
    ======== Replayability = 3
    ================ Scenes = 6.75
    ======== Visual = 8.5
    ======== Written = 7.5
    ======== Interactivity = 4
    ======== Replayability = 7
    ================ Development = ----
    ================ Obtaining = 5.5
    ======== Price = 5
    ======== Methods = 6
    ================ FINAL SCORE = 5.62

QuickView

2 relatively short RPG Maker games, the 2nd one being slightly bigger. Their gameplay is pretty grindy and basic RPG Maker stuff, nothing unseen as of yet. The clear focus is the Scenes themselves. The Scenes are quite decent, with good degree of Art quality, some uniqueness to the Artstyle, smooth animations where they are employed, and satisfying writting for those Scenes to complement them. Considering the general price of the game, I can't say I'd strongly recommend purchasing them, unless you find them on an offer, or you really like this Circle Group.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Nayko93

At first I was hopping it was not so bad, but in the end IT IS BAD !

- Gameplay part :

Go from point A to point B -> fight random spawning monster level up -> and then fight the boss
    win to continue lose to have the scene

You can't save where you want, you're forced to use magic stone you can find before each boss , so if you loose somewhere between the start of a zone and the boss, you are fucked...
    BUT , it's not so terrible because you can easily avoid all enemy, the escape option always work, so if you don't want to fight, you don't have to
    But if you do that, cheat to have a attack bonus of at least 10.000 because without the levels you get from fighting monster, you can't win ...

That was the good part, now for the bad part.... labyrinth everywhere.... FUCKING LABYRINTH !!!!

You tough that you could just avoid all monsters, walk in a straight line from stat to finish to only have boss fight ?
    Well bad guess...
    All levels where you have to go from point A to point B are fucking labyrinth with tons fake path leading only to chest with item for HP MP recovery and stuff to upgrade your gear ...
    So you can't just "skip" this part in a straight line because you have to find the right path to the exit

So forget immediately your idea to make a cheat fast run and avoid all secondary stuff because unless you have a map of the entire game, you can't know where to go unless you try all the path..

- Story part :
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- Sex part :

Seeing preview image you could think it's gonna be good, but unfortunately it's not....

Scenes are short not too descriptive
    Art is average at best and poor the rest of the time
    Sound design is ... is not

And the most disappointing part, this game fail at it's biggest selling argument
    This is the most vanilla Ryona/vore/restrain stuff I've ever seen , it was just boring there is nothing more to say...

So, should you play this game ? short answer : No

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Should you use the full save to see all the scenes ( ≈15min ) ?

Well.... if you are a H game veteran with a lot of experience, don't even loose your time here, nothing to see that you haven't already seen hundreds of times
    And if you are new to all this..... also don't.. you can find sooooo much better out there, don't waste your time on this

If you still choose to try the game :

Ctrl to skip text (can't skip rpgm animation and transition)
    And D to show/hide the map ( not gonna help you with the labyrinth, can't see far enough on the map )