Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Holy Balls! This game is "Clash at Demonhead" confusing and "Cuphead" rage-quit inducing at times, but it was a whole lot of fun.

The only real critiques I have for the game is- it would be nice if you could re-map the keyboard keys to something a little more confortable..."A" and "X" just don't feel natural- I kept hitting "CapLock/Shift" and "Z/C" during a couple of rather intense battles. LOL
It would also be immensely helpful if the enemies indicated that you were doing the type of damage or using the correct attack that would lead to their capture- were it not for the WT and YT, this would have been damn near impossible. :)
Also, as others mentioned, the Walkthrough could use some polish- it wouldn't hurt to mention gate/warp locations or at least give some general idea where you're supposed to be or what you're expected to do. :)

Does anyone know if you can capture the following creatures? I only ask because a few of the one that say you can't capture them- you actually can. (The Doll, The Sharks- just to name a few, plus there seem to be some empty spaces when you go back through the gallery.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where is "Lantern Girl", "Rocket Golem Girl", and "Little Ghoul Girl"- I see them mentioned in the walkthrough, but can't find anyone with that fighting animation/style. Are they in the Temple, Haunted House, the Weird purple-y area with mushrooms?

This was a really cute, challenging, and entertaining game- is it still being worked on and/or will more content be added (also translated)? Plus, the little chibi, pixel-y, characters remind me of the 16-bit console games from back in the day.

Does anybody know where the panel/icon is for the 2nd little black bat (that fires the concussive purple orbs)?

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Holy Balls! This game is "Clash at Demonhead" confusing and "Cuphead" rage-quit inducing at times, but it was a whole lot of fun.

The only real critiques I have for the game is- it would be nice if you could re-map the keyboard keys to something a little more confortable..."A" and "X" just don't feel natural- I kept hitting "CapLock/Shift" and "Z/C" during a couple of rather intense battles. LOL
It would also be immensely helpful if the enemies indicated that you were doing the type of damage or using the correct attack that would lead to their capture- were it not for the WT and YT, this would have been damn near impossible. :)
Also, as others mentioned, the Walkthrough could use some polish- it wouldn't hurt to mention gate/warp locations or at least give some general idea where you're supposed to be or what you're expected to do. :)

Does anyone know if you can capture the following creatures? I only ask because a few of the one that say you can't capture them- you actually can. (The Doll, The Sharks- just to name a few, plus there seem to be some empty spaces when you go back through the gallery.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where is "Lantern Girl", "Rocket Golem Girl", and "Little Ghoul Girl"- I see them mentioned in the walkthrough, but can't find anyone with that fighting animation/style. Are they in the Temple, Haunted House, the Weird purple-y area with mushrooms?

This was a really cute, challenging, and entertaining game- is it still being worked on and/or will more content be added (also translated)? Plus, the little chibi, pixel-y, characters remind me of the 16-bit console games from back in the day.

Does anybody know where the panel/icon is for the 2nd little black bat (that fires the concussive purple orbs)?
There is an updated version tho.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018

Okay, thank you. It would appear that I have all of the ones that you can capture. :)

I just didn't recognize the names or their attacks from the WT.
The Lantern Girl is the one that looks like she has a bit of Jack'o'Lantern on her head in the robe.
The Rocket Golem is confusing to say the least- I thought she was made of beehives. Lol
The Li'l Ghoul Girl is the one that looks like a Vampire with the large claws.

This was just for other people's benefit in case they didn't know. :)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Well this game is at least fairly challenging and doesn't have bullshit gameplay like Alibi
Oh, it is a good game- I really enjoyed playing AND cursing at my monitor. Lol
I'm not familiar with "Alibi", I noticed that it's not on this site- is it similar to FOBS?

The Arbiter

Apr 5, 2018
So whenever I try to continue the saved file I downloaded from this thread, it won't load. The new game function works, but apparently I can't use the 100% saved file. The keys used to confirm in the menu was A and the scroll wheel button. Any advice?
Actually, I have that problem as well. The Continue button doesn't work at all, not even after losing to a monster. i tried changing locale, compatibility and running as administrator to no avail. I seriously wanna replay this so any kind of help would be appreciated.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
seriously no one else has the error when trying to open the game having it crash and saying "error (0xc000007b)" besides me? really i'm the only one? huh, guess i hit the jackpot of bs, does anyone know if changing the file to somewhere else might work? (sorry for the butchered english is not my native language)

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
seriously no one else has the error when trying to open the game having it crash and saying "error (0xc000007b)" besides me? really i'm the only one? huh, guess i hit the jackpot of bs, does anyone know if changing the file to somewhere else might work? (sorry for the butchered english is not my native language)
Download the latest dotnet .net framework
and the latest microsoft visual C++

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
That error is caused because your microsoft visual libraries got corrupted or your framework is broken.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
That error is caused because your microsoft visual libraries got corrupted or your framework is broken.
Downloaded both of them, saddly didn't worked, i have a system x64, should run shouldn't it?

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Downloaded both of them, saddly didn't worked, i have a system x64, should run shouldn't it?
1. Reboot your machine.
2. Run the program as an administrator by right clicking the executable and selecting ‘Run as administrator’.
3. Run the program in compatibility mode. Right click the executable and select ‘Troubleshoot compatibility’.
4. Check to make sure you have the latest Windows updates, graphics and sound drivers.Update as necessary.
5. Reinstall Microsoft C Runtime packages. Download directly from Microsoft and install them.
6. Re-install the program giving the error.
7. If it’s a game giving the error, check DLL files and .NET framework files. Re-install or download files as necessary.
8. Open a CMD window as an administrator and type or paste ‘chkdsk c: /f /r’. This will check your file system for issues.
9. Reinstall DirectX. This is often packaged with graphics drivers but is available as a separate download from Microsoft.
10. Uninstall your graphics drivers in Safe Mode and reinstall them.

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes