Share Found Programmer and writer for a VN

SkyRex04

Sep 18, 2020
Hi! I have multiple ideas for adult visual novel stories but I am dead set on one single story right now that I want to be able to create with the help of a team.
I am really hopeful that this story will do well and if it does I'd like to maybe extend the partnership for the next stories as well.
The story I am working on consists of 9-10 characters including the male MC, with 7-8 possible LIs. I plan on making all the LIs optional and flexible to the main story. Each LI will have their own fetish associated with them so the MC can choose whether to pursue the relationship with the character or not. Even though all the characters are optional as LIs, they are tied to the main story which I have made sure to be easy to follow and not complicated at all.
In terms of compensation, I'm thinking of creating a patreon page along with the members through which the income would be shared upon agreed terms. I'm new to this so all suggestions and help will be appreciated.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Create the Patreon sooner than later and use it to communicate with patrons as much as you can. And don't paywall dev updates until you are making a lot of money. Right now, you need ALL of the publicity and feedback you can get.

SkyRex04

Sep 18, 2020
Create the Patreon sooner than later and use it to communicate with patrons as much as you can. And don't paywall dev updates until you are making a lot of money. Right now, you need ALL of the publicity and feedback you can get.
Thanks a lot. I'll make sure I follow your advice. If there's anything else you could tell me I'd be really glad to hear it.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Another suggestion.

Lay out the plot of your story. Start with a small number of LIs. The more you have, the more complex it will be to create. Aim for something small. Maybe even a short story about one LI, that would work in the universe when you add in a lot of LIs.

Try to make something before you try to make the greatest of all time. Aim small, miss small. Develop confidence and expertise in what you're trying to do, and when you're further along, you can really go for it and aim big and do a larger project, ideally when you have some supporters and patrons.

It is always easier to recruit a team when you have accomplished something on your own, even if it is small.

DizzyGame

Jul 7, 2020
Hey Sky,
A story with multiple paths can be a pain to develop but not impossible.
Could you provide a little more detail as to what type of characters you are looking for. For example Milfs, thick, skinny, big boobs, big butts, young, and so on. Also type of fetishes would be interested in.

Reactions: SkyRex04

SkyRex04

Sep 18, 2020
Hey Sky,
A story with multiple paths can be a pain to develop but not impossible.
Could you provide a little more detail as to what type of characters you are looking for. For example Milfs, thick, skinny, big boobs, big butts, young, and so on. Also type of fetishes would be interested in.
I'm thinking of keeping the body proportions realistic. But yeah I'm thinking of including almost everything you mentioned.
The fetishes that have been planned are Corruption, Vanilla Romance, Exhibitionism/Public sex, BDSM (soft and hard), Dom/Sub, Sharing etc. all of which are optional and selective meaning you could select light BDSM like gags and handcuffs but ignore the hard BDSM. I'm also planning to include more fetishes that I personally have seen implemented in a very few games but are liked by most of the people. I am not planning to include extreme fetishes in my first game but maybe in later projects I could do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DizzyGame

SkyRex04

Sep 18, 2020
Another suggestion.

Lay out the plot of your story. Start with a small number of LIs. The more you have, the more complex it will be to create. Aim for something small. Maybe even a short story about one LI, that would work in the universe when you add in a lot of LIs.

Try to make something before you try to make the greatest of all time. Aim small, miss small. Develop confidence and expertise in what you're trying to do, and when you're further along, you can really go for it and aim big and do a larger project, ideally when you have some supporters and patrons.

It is always easier to recruit a team when you have accomplished something on your own, even if it is small.
I'm really sorry this may be a silly question but a question that bothers me nonetheless, so I have to ask. Would it be ok to create a patreon account before I am ready with a demo version of the game?

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I'm really sorry this may be a silly question but a question that bothers me nonetheless, so I have to ask. Would it be ok to create a patreon account before I am ready with a demo version of the game?
I would do that myself.

Think of it like you're going to open a store. You want to create ads and purchase advertising before opening day. Use Patreon as a way to communicate beyond this forum.

SkyRex04

Sep 18, 2020
I would do that myself.

Think of it like you're going to open a store. You want to create ads and purchase advertising before opening day. Use Patreon as a way to communicate beyond this forum.
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try and do my best. I'm very grateful for all your advice and I thank you from the bottom of my heart to provide such useful help without expecting anything in return. Thanks for your time. Would it be okay if I ask some questions if I run into problems later on?

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try and do my best. I'm very grateful for all your advice and I thank you from the bottom of my heart to provide such useful help without expecting anything in return. Thanks for your time. Would it be okay if I ask some questions if I run into problems later on?
Sure, you're welcome to private message (conversation) with me any time, or you can post to this thread and maybe some other people will have guidance.