Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Almost certain Katara and Toph are going to get regressed, and I think that at least opens up the potential for other characters. Toph's daughters need to continue the family tradition of getting with their mother. Really hope so, at least.
Well yes,Katara and Toph are guaranteed but Lin and other auxillary characters not so much.
Not saying its impossible,just that there isnt really much narrative reason.

Wait how does it violate her character concept? She's just wearing the metalbending police uniform and still got the exact same hair style. I mean I agree that they could've put more effort in her facial design, but I don't see anything that bad.
Her entire design was based on the gap moe idea of a sheltered princess hiding strength.
Im aware that by the nature of her development´s conclusion she would buff up but that goes too far.
Her adult one outright kills all of her feminine traits and turns her into a flamboyant dude.
The petite frame,feminine proportions or even face all non existent.
Hell,kill the hairstyle and its not even flamboyant anymore but outright male(a bishie male admittedly but fuck...).

That design rubs me wrong something fierce.
Though like I said,I dont remember the scene(and Im sure as hell going nowhere close to LoK again)so maybe its just that particular shot but man...just no.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Well yes,Katara and Toph are guaranteed but Lin and other auxillary characters not so much.
Not saying its impossible,just that there isnt really much narrative reason.

Her entire design was based on the gap moe idea of a sheltered princess hiding strength.
Im aware that by the nature of her development´s conclusion she would buff up but that goes too far.
Her adult one outright kills all of her feminine traits and turns her into a flamboyant dude.
The petite frame,feminine proportions or even face all non existent.
Hell,kill the hairstyle and its not even flamboyant anymore but outright male(a bishie male admittedly but fuck...).

That design rubs me wrong something fierce.
Though like I said,I dont remember the scene(and Im sure as hell going nowhere close to LoK again)so maybe its just that particular shot but man...just no.
Doesn't really seem like Mity's all too concerned about fitting scenes in the narrative if they'll be interesting enough.

And that was her design idea in the first series, when she was literally 12 and could only look like a 12-year-old girl. Then she spent a good chunk of the following decades building a police force for a city that was set to house people from nations who were bitter enemies in the past. Hell, just look at most female cops in real life.

This is also the girl with nary a concern for appearance but all the love in the world for attaining immense strength. Toph pretty much IS a flamboyant dude.

I agree that LoK had some problems with women's faces looking manly(Kuvira has some serious Mako jawline going on there) but expecting a lithe frame from most 40-year-old women is already pushing it, much less with Toph.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaRbS

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Doesn't really seem like Mity's all too concerned about fitting scenes in the narrative if they'll be interesting enough.
Which is why I said unlikely,not impossible.
Assets dont materialize out of thin air and as of right now the game shows no indicating towards it(if anything,it seems to whole heartedly embrace the whole cougar thing with Lin).

And that was her design idea in the first series, when she was literally 12 and could only look like a 12-year-old girl. Then she spent a good chunk of the following decades building a police force for a city that was set to house people from nations who were bitter enemies in the past. Hell, just look at most female cops in real life.
As I said,Im well aware of it being befitting of her development.

This is also the girl with nary a concern for appearance but all the love in the world for attaining immense strength. Toph pretty much IS a flamboyant dude.
You...dont know what flamboyant means,do you?
She was a tomboy but certainly not flamboyant(admittedly part of that is the uniform).

I agree that LoK had some problems with women's faces looking manly(Kuvira has some serious Mako jawline going on there) but expecting a lithe frame from most 40-year-old women is already pushing it, much less with Toph.
Not the point(and actually holds very little relevance in stylized animation).
Toph´s trademark always was her gap moe concept(a palmtop tiger,if you allow me to steal from a different frenchise).
Completely abandoning said concept is asking for dissatisfaction and alienation.
As I already mentioned its validated in the narrative so I dont have a problem with it on that front,I just think it looks absolutely horrible(especially that jawline...jeez).
Take it as a personal knee-jerk reaction if you want to.

So, Tenzin is the father of himself?
Maybe FET will finally find an answer to the grandfather paradox :p

The Ascendent

Jun 9, 2018
So, Tenzin is the father of himself?
Only if we play as him in the Lover route, which seems, unlikely. And this is only in the Lover route. Although, if the setting does follow the canon, Aang does eventually hook up with Katara (after our PC leaves) so Tenzin is conceived under normal circumstances not the future Avatar meddling with time. Remember that Bumi was Aang and Katara's first child. Anyways I was just exploring some of my thoughts. We shouldn't be taking this game too seriously, it is a parody after all.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Which is why I said unlikely,not impossible.
Assets dont materialize out of thin air and as of right now the game shows no indicating towards it(if anything,it seems to whole heartedly embrace the whole cougar thing with Lin).

As I said,Im well aware of it being befitting of her development.

You...dont know what flamboyant means,do you?
She was a tomboy but certainly not flamboyant(admittedly part of that is the uniform).

Not the point(and actually holds very little relevance in stylized animation).
Toph´s trademark always was her gap moe concept(a palmtop tiger,if you allow me to steal from a different frenchise).
Completely abandoning said concept is asking for dissatisfaction and alienation.
As I already mentioned its validated in the narrative so I dont have a problem with it on that front,I just think it looks absolutely horrible(especially that jawline...jeez).
Take it as a personal knee-jerk reaction if you want to.

Maybe FET will finally find an answer to the grandfather paradox :p
Here's what google said about the meaning of "flamboyant":
"Tending to attract attention because of their exuberance, confidence, and stylishness."

Seems like I'm not the one who doesn't know what that means. Last I checked, a big part of Toph's characterization is her extreme confience in her earthbending and always being eager to prove it.

Flamboyant isn't a label you slap onto someone who outwardly seems gay.

That was 12-year-old Toph's trademark. This is adult Toph. Her trademark is being a tough-as-nails cop. Retaining any of her "moe" features from childhood doesn't make sense at all.

She used to be a blind, little girl who looked so helpless and weak despite actually being incredibly strong.

Then she grew up.

I can understand not liking it, and that is perfectly fine, but saying it violates her character concept, when it's actually the logical direction, is just hilariously wrong.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Here's what google said about the meaning of "flamboyant":
"Tending to attract attention because of their exuberance, confidence, and stylishness."

Seems like I'm not the one who doesn't know what that means.
Hmmmm

*cough* *cough*
Again,Toph was a tomboy,not flamboyant.

Flamboyant isn't a label you slap onto someone who outwardly seems gay.
Funny,never said that.
Though it is true that its mostly associated with homosexuality these days.

That was 12-year-old Toph's trademark. This is adult Toph. Her trademark is being a tough-as-nails cop. Retaining any of her "moe" features from childhood doesn't make sense at all.

She used to be a blind, little girl who looked so helpless and weak despite actually being incredibly strong.

Then she grew up.

I can understand not liking it, and that is perfectly fine, but saying it violates her character concept, when it's actually the logical direction, is just hilariously wrong.
Well we agree that its narratively valid,so thats good.
What I dont agree with is eliminating a characters trademark features for the sake of the narrative as the same could have been achieved by retaining a modicum of resemblance.
Retaining more petite features(though "moe" goes too far)wouldnt at all have hurt the base concept or narrative intentions(especially in a series that has shown multiple times that physical stature doesnt equal strength)while offering a stronger recognition to the viewer.
Or to rephrase it,I have a problem with the underlying design philosophy,not the narrative reasoning.
In so far I will keep my stance on them having screwed up the design(admittedly my initial reaction was exaggerated for comedic purposes).

4.50 star(s) 268 Votes