IDontPay

Jul 25, 2019

----- addition ----
just a small edit to let you know what's going on. I sent my addition to the coder yesterday, he slid my part into his part(giggity) and now he has send it all back to me for some final bug checking while he's asleep. Which I'm doing right now! I always miss a few essential things, but that's what the bughunt version is for.
That means once he's up again he can fix/add whatever I got to say and upload the bughunt for the higher tiers this weekend. We... we actually removed a minigame because it was kicking our arse and so we finally said well, fuck it. I guess crabs really can't play cardgames...
That's all for now!

addition: Found the first gamebreaker!
----- original message below -----

Artist here! There is no way cbob can finish the build today. He's going to have to dip into June. And I'm not sure how deep his dip will be.

I really, reaaaallly hate that. In fact I hate it so much that I've quit working on the love route since a couple of days(?) ago and just took a chunk of the current build which wasn't finished yet and basically claimed ownership over it. I told the coder I'll work on that while he takes care of the other parts. It's the only way I can help speed this whole thing up and not let it take longer than it has to be. It's slightly more dangerous bug-wise, but luckily I'm not without experience because of the Halloween side story etc so I'm feeling reasonably confident.

So I'm here to tell you about that and also that we'll do another one of those "mass pm "-things. Besides the normal way, we'll also send you the links to the build(once it's finished) according to your current patron tier through a private message.

I just want to make certain you'll get what we said you would get as soon as we can finish it, without you having to stay a patron or remaining at your current tier level. And that goes twice for people in one of the higher tiers! If anything is the source for my dislikes of us being late it's that.

So yeah, I'm currently working on speeding up work on the build, which is why I have nothing to dress up this post with in ways of images. It's all boring text!!!! But I am adding some extra sexy/funny insanity to the build itself which otherwise would never have made it in.

I'll ask Cbob if he wants to add anything to this later. But this is the core of what we want you to know right now.

Okay, back to the grinding stone!

Oh and thanks for the update btw (y)

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
No one asked for more mini games. Idk why they keep adding them.

They have been consistently late for almost a year now.
Difficult to answer, though I'd go so far as to hazard a guess:

It's because of what was previously established by them specifically - They have included minigames as an integral part of their game at this point, starting back in book 2. You either earn money, progress the plot or a certain character this way. It's basically expected to be in, at least in one form or another. I certainly know it would be a strange shift in gameplay if there were no minigames at all. You need something to give downtime for the player in-between all the smutty sessions. You also need a way other than just plain text and artwork to give context for the actions done, after all, they do tell a story here and their way has always been somewhere on the range of quirky and bizarre.
HOWEVER: adding more minigames when the 4th book already contains a sleuth of them, especially when it's the final slave route update seems to be a strange choice, even I can agree there. Yes, we know the scope of the game increased by quite a bit (even so far that the last slave route update stopped on a cliffhanger in the midst of the concluding arc), but everything should be done in moderation, and that certainly means minigames. I usually take my time to enjoy side content for the hell of doing it, being a completion nutter, but this is far beyond what's necessary.

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Dear MITY,

Fuck the minigames.

Sincerely,
Everyone
the minigames are the worst thing in the whole game, and the worst, there are certain parts that are not optional, you have to do it if you want to see a scene or move forward in the story.
And you can’t even say it’s challenging or fun, it’s boring and it just prolong production time.

IDontPay

Jul 25, 2019
Difficult to answer, though I'd go so far as to hazard a guess:

It's because of what was previously established by them specifically - They have included minigames as an integral part of their game at this point, starting back in book 2. You either earn money, progress the plot or a certain character this way. It's basically expected to be in, at least in one form or another. I certainly know it would be a strange shift in gameplay if there were no minigames at all. You need something to give downtime for the player in-between all the smutty sessions. You also need a way other than just plain text and artwork to give context for the actions done, after all, they do tell a story here and their way has always been somewhere on the range of quirky and bizarre.
HOWEVER: adding more minigames when the 4th book already contains a sleuth of them, especially when it's the final slave route update seems to be a strange choice, even I can agree there. Yes, we know the scope of the game increased by quite a bit (even so far that the last slave route update stopped on a cliffhanger in the midst of the concluding arc), but everything should be done in moderation, and that certainly means minigames. I usually take my time to enjoy side content for the hell of doing it, being a completion nutter, but this is far beyond what's necessary.

They just add un needed shit at the worst times. Almost as if to push the update on purpose.
"Hey guys so the reverse mortgage simulator you all asked for blew my computer up and shot my dog in the head. Coders gonna need a new kidney so looks like we're a little late this month. WOOPS!"

It's just gotten past the point of ridiculous. It's why I pulled my subscription back in August when this shit started. Is it so much to ask to be an adult, keep your schedule, and do your fucking job when you're getting paid 20k a month?

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I'm stuck at the revisiting the Southern Water Tribe part in book 4. What do I do to get past this? Im using the 8.6c version of the game. When does 8.6d come out for mac as well?
What part are you stuck on? Talk to everyone, do a mine quest, then Talk to Zhu Li.

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
the minigames are the worst thing in the whole game, and the worst, there are certain parts that are not optional, you have to do it if you want to see a scene or move forward in the story.
And you can’t even say it’s challenging or fun, it’s boring and it just prolong production time.
Grinding through fights was a drag for me, the mini games were not that bad and were mostly optional. I liked the coin mini game in book 4. Hammer time in book 3 was also ok.

HowlsCastle

Mar 21, 2018
I really can't think of a single game on this site where minigames enhanced my enjoyment. They're always tedious at best or frustrating at worst.

If anyone has a suggestion for an adult game where minigames made it better, please educate me. I'd legitimately be interested to know.

Zakfiel

Nov 9, 2018
They shouldn't create a new minigame during a route, that take too much time.
I think with the first patch the minigame should be there and if u wanna upgrade the minigame you can cause you have a base of it.

May 30, 2020

----- addition ----
just a small edit to let you know what's going on. I sent my addition to the coder yesterday, he slid my part into his part(giggity) and now he has send it all back to me for some final bug checking while he's asleep. Which I'm doing right now! I always miss a few essential things, but that's what the bughunt version is for.
That means once he's up again he can fix/add whatever I got to say and upload the bughunt for the higher tiers this weekend. We... we actually removed a minigame because it was kicking our arse and so we finally said well, fuck it. I guess crabs really can't play cardgames...
That's all for now!

addition: Found the first gamebreaker!
----- original message below -----

Artist here! There is no way cbob can finish the build today. He's going to have to dip into June. And I'm not sure how deep his dip will be.

I really, reaaaallly hate that. In fact I hate it so much that I've quit working on the love route since a couple of days(?) ago and just took a chunk of the current build which wasn't finished yet and basically claimed ownership over it. I told the coder I'll work on that while he takes care of the other parts. It's the only way I can help speed this whole thing up and not let it take longer than it has to be. It's slightly more dangerous bug-wise, but luckily I'm not without experience because of the Halloween side story etc so I'm feeling reasonably confident.

So I'm here to tell you about that and also that we'll do another one of those "mass pm "-things. Besides the normal way, we'll also send you the links to the build(once it's finished) according to your current patron tier through a private message.

I just want to make certain you'll get what we said you would get as soon as we can finish it, without you having to stay a patron or remaining at your current tier level. And that goes twice for people in one of the higher tiers! If anything is the source for my dislikes of us being late it's that.

So yeah, I'm currently working on speeding up work on the build, which is why I have nothing to dress up this post with in ways of images. It's all boring text!!!! But I am adding some extra sexy/funny insanity to the build itself which otherwise would never have made it in.

I'll ask Cbob if he wants to add anything to this later. But this is the core of what we want you to know right now.

Okay, back to the grinding stone!
Pass out in front of my computer for 2 hours and then I wake up after a cannibal old lady nightmare with a dry mouth and suddenly Mity has done something to basically piss everyone off.
K so my thoughts on the minigames are, with certain ones, they can be done without. The airbending puzzle in book 4, mooselion hunting in book 1, and the X's and O's in book 3 are my least favorites, but I'm not that upset about them.
The minigame fights in 2 were easy as fuck to beat and very early on I just got a tank, an infantryman, gave Zuko the best armor, upgraded my guy's health, and then proceeded to never lose a battle again.
I feel like the ones in book 3 added to the plot because they brought Toph's love of scams to the game, which I think was very cute.
Book 4 didn't REALLY need them, but I didn't hate the card game and the little concept art bits we got from it.

Reactions: FenAfterDark

Laaance

Nov 21, 2018
Hey everyone, can someone share a save file where he chose to do things with Jinora? I had to clear my harddrive and forogt to back up the save data... I really don't want to do the stupid mini games again

Dark-xenon

Dec 4, 2017
Is it so much to ask to be an adult, keep your schedule, and do your fucking job when you're getting paid 20k a month?
Yes. When people get money without consequences for not delivering - this is what happens. And not only with this game - almost all good movie franchises are ruined because of this. But people still support them like 'if I give more money maybe it will fix everything' when in reality the only way to 'fix' this is to punish bad behavior by not paying.
UPD: ALSO do you guys understand that this whole 'I sent him my part of job so he can do his part of job and then he sends it back so I can do my part of job again' - is all BS. He can do his stupid mini-games WITHOUT NEW ART from artist. So this all 'oh he promised to finish everything on time but took too many time to complete mini-game is a BS EXCUSES'. FIRST you make story(dialogs ect) then you add art and then everything else. Otherwise it may seem like PLOT DEPENDS ON MINIGAMES. This is just ridiculous how they keep this nonsense. I mean - imagine in Book 1 they got stuck for a month(or more) because of MOOSELION HUNT 'minigame' LOL. But now they feed us with this 'mysterious super hard to code mini game' like the whole scenario is depending on it. Jeeez.

Last edited:

Finglinger

Feb 18, 2018
the X's and O's in book 3 are my least favorites
That's the fastest way to make money though. Seriously, it's positive expected value, so you end up making more money than you lose. All you have to do is spam ctrl+click and you can play through a game in 1-2 seconds. Do that for a minute and you're just flush with cash.

Was it boring? Yeah but it made getting through the rest of the game way easier. My least favorite minigame so far has been the crab battles. They do not add anything, if I wanted to play pokemon I would just play pokemon.

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Thank you! But I have another dumb question... Where do I put it on mac? Can't find it in the renpy folder, im stupid i guess
I'm sorry, but I only use windows, and usually you either put it directly in the save folder or put the command% appdata% in the windows bar, go to the renpy folder, look for the game folder and paste it there.

4.50 star(s) 268 Votes