Mod Ren'Py Freeloading Family [v0.2] Increased resolution Mod [SeijiOokami]

SeijiOokami

Sep 16, 2018
main_cover.jpg

Overview:
Increased resolution mod. 1280x720 looks a little bit ugly in FullHD system resolution
Almost all images were enlarged by AI. Also added some enhancement of quality (sharpness, noise reduction)
No need an original game files.

Updated: 2021-07-04
Game/Creator: Freeloading Family/
Modder: SeijiOokami
Mod Version: 0.2
Game Version: 0.30 Gallery Unlocked
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:

example.png example2.png example3.png example4.png example5.png example6.png example7.png example8.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3236463

The DropMeFiles link doesn't work anymore. Also, sad I'm discovering this after nearly finishing the game as this looks good and I will probably be finished by the time it finishes downloading. Any plans to upload to Mega/ Nopy? Those seem to consistently be the best performing file sharing websites.

Also, what AI did you use for image enhancement? The images you posted look really good.

SeijiOokami

Sep 16, 2018
The DropMeFiles link doesn't work anymore. Also, sad I'm discovering this after nearly finishing the game as this looks good and I will probably be finished by the time it finishes downloading. Any plans to upload to Mega/ Nopy? Those seem to consistently be the best performing file sharing websites.

Also, what AI did you use for image enhancement? The images you posted look really good.
I used an AI software from Gygapixel studio. It gives a good results in all type of pictures, expecialy "art".

I know the Mega/Nopy ensure a good downloading speed. I'll upload to MEGA next update (when it comes out).

D

Deleted member 3236463

That's interesting! I'll definitely have to look into that one day!

Great to hear!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the game working correctly for me for whatever reason as I would click the right button to bring up the pause menu and always get an error and was unable to use my saves from the other folder containing the game, which is weird cause in theory it should have used the same app data. Am currently on the last 2 chapters anyways, so I'm not too bothered to finish with the original art work, but by chance is this compatible with the walkthrough or gallery unlocker mods?

Reactions: SeijiOokami

SeijiOokami

Sep 16, 2018
That's interesting! I'll definitely have to look into that one day!

Great to hear!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the game working correctly for me for whatever reason as I would click the right button to bring up the pause menu and always get an error and was unable to use my saves from the other folder containing the game, which is weird cause in theory it should have used the same app data. Am currently on the last 2 chapters anyways, so I'm not too bothered to finish with the original art work, but by chance is this compatible with the walkthrough or gallery unlocker mods?
I noticed and fix the problem with "saves/load" menu. I added that and some another fixes into 'repaired' version. Now I upload it to MEGA. Please enjoy.

Last edited:

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
hello guys...just want ask ..is this the full game or just the mod 1080p ?

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi,
Love the content but did find a bug.
One of the files in the package is a traceback for a missing file.
The file is still missing from the download.
It is gui\frame.webp

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
View attachment 1047249

Overview:
Increased resolution mod. 1280x720 looks a little bit ugly in FullHD system resolution
Almost all images were enlarged by AI. Also added some enhancement of quality (sharpness, noise reduction)
No need an original game files.

Updated: 2021-07-04
Game/Creator: Freeloading Family/
Modder: SeijiOokami
Mod Version: 0.2
Game Version: 0.30 Gallery Unlocked
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Hello. I wanted to ask how you did it. I have a problem with a game. The game is very nice but unfortunately at 1280x720, and the images in the render have a lot of noise. I put my effort into it and upgraded all the images with another program that improved all the images through AI and brought them from 1280x720p (HD) to 1920x1080p (FHD).
I finally overwrote all the images and the game starts. The problem is that everything looks "cropped" or "zoomed" as if the game continues to think in 1280x720 thus showing me only a portion of the image converted to 1920x1080.
How can I do? What should I retouch? Why am I going crazy!!!

P.S I'm not a programmer but a simple gamer :) :) :)

Here I put the example.
The first image is from the original game with the image at 1280x720

The second image is from the game where I uploaded the images I upgraded to 1920x1080:(

Please help me.
A thousand thanks! :)

SeijiOokami

Sep 16, 2018
Hello. I wanted to ask how you did it. I have a problem with a game. The game is very nice but unfortunately at 1280x720, and the images in the render have a lot of noise. I put my effort into it and upgraded all the images with another program that improved all the images through AI and brought them from 1280x720p (HD) to 1920x1080p (FHD).
I finally overwrote all the images and the game starts. The problem is that everything looks "cropped" or "zoomed" as if the game continues to think in 1280x720 thus showing me only a portion of the image converted to 1920x1080.
How can I do? What should I retouch? Why am I going crazy!!!

P.S I'm not a programmer but a simple gamer :) :) :)

Here I put the example.
The first image is from the original game with the image at 1280x720

The second image is from the game where I uploaded the images I upgraded to 1920x1080:(

Please help me.
A thousand thanks! :)
Hello. Hard to answer what the problem is. Firstly you need to determine what's a method used in this game to display images. Without a renpy code modification, resolving this issue likely is not possible. Here is the link to renpy docs. Read this. :)

Ettly

Jun 5, 2021
Hi, is there also final version v0.32 with this resolution? :) If no, is there a plan to do it in the future? :)