Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Let me know if it is all videos lagging for you or not. I find most people that have issues have them with the first part of the game, and then they get better. Some say it is all animated scenes though. The video used are simple WEBM files that should have no issue running, so I am guessing it is in the way that Renpy is rendering them in engine.
I will also add that the number of complaints about lagging animations are very few compared to those who have no issues at all. However, I want to make sure anyone who wants to enjoy the game can.

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Just curious not so much of a complaint but at what point in the updates will we no longer have to restart the game?
Restart requirements occur when I update or change the code significantly, or the values used. v0.1.9 was a huge overhaul of the original first part of the game, including the code and values used. I am trying to get to a place where I no longer have to change the code so drastically, hopefully by v0.2.3 I will have it settled down since I am still updating certain areas of the game and removing some legacy code. I know that in the next version I did not change too much, but in a few cases I found that depending on the save file used from older content one was required because of a value issue.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
This is a lot to restart, plus more restarts are planed until 0.2.3? I wish you well on your game but i will say goodbye to this game now.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
This is a lot to restart, plus more restarts are planed until 0.2.3? I wish you well on your game but i will say goodbye to this game now.
They are not planned, that was just me throwing out how long it MIGHT take me to get a handle on the game after this huge overhaul to make the entire game easier to get through. Due to the way that I handled the overhaul to make sure people could repeat certain events while waiting for the next version I had to play with the values. This is affecting current content that I have, and content that I am working on. In hindsight I should not have allowed the scenes to replay.

What I would suggest to those concerned about a full restart, make a secondary save at Chapter 2. Most of the values after this point should fall in line, so when new content lands all you have to do is fire it up. This way you do not have to go through the first chapter. Also, with the new update you can run through the entire game, start to finish, in less than 10 minutes if you blast the control key. This is what I have to do to test content to make sure everything works as intended if I make a change. I average 6-10 full play throughs a week, and the new change to the first chapter makes that much easier.

I am sorry to those of you that are frustrated by this, and if you stop playing the game I understand. I would like to ask you to give it a few months and then comeback when it is more stable. v0.1.9 changed a ton and affected areas of the game that I was not anticipating and having to fix.

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Erochaser I think I found a bug and a rather big one at the end of chapter 1 if. You don't hit continue and keep playing and go back to the guild hq it will retrigger the cute scene of going through the secret passage where the MC is attached and this brakes the game because she is both locked in the prison and a wife and you can no longer continue to chapter 2

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Erochaser I think I found a bug and a rather big one at the end of chapter 1 if. You don't hit continue and keep playing and go back to the guild hq it will retrigger the cute scene of going through the secret passage where the MC is attached and this brakes the game because she is both locked in the prison and a wife and you can no longer continue to chapter 2
Thank you, I will look into this.

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Thank you, I will look into this.
I gonna take a guess that its a matter of just adding the condition that it won't play if married to them is true
I'm not a ren'py coder so no sure on it but with what I do know on coding it would be a easy fix if that is a tracked Stat if not the you could go with a if seen variant to prevent it

Last edited:

Kisz26

May 17, 2021
Sadly even the repeatables are laggy to me now.. Even fast forwarding still lag. It is weird cause in other games even the animation is laggy, the dialogues are not affected and it can fast forward without lagging.

Kisz26

May 17, 2021
Sadly even the repeatables are laggy to me now.. Even fast forwarding still lag. It is weird cause in other games even the animation is laggy, the dialogues are not affected and it can fast forward without lagging.
Btw, i didnt finish the update cause the lag annoys me. Probably later ill continue if i feel like to. I stopped around the event in Cretel Tribe. FYI, i tried playing other games if my laptop causing the lag, but no. Other games working perfectly fine. I will also try the compressed version if its laggy. I love the game anyway, no prob to restart the game again..

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I am looking into the coding soon to see if I can adjust this. The problem is that I have no lag on any scenes when I play test the game, so I cannot judge if adjustments work or not. What works for some may not work for all.
I can tell you the problem without even looking if the issue is laggy animations. You're using "show" without hiding the animation with "hide" after you start the next animation in the script so you have the previous animations running in the background causing lag. Better to just not even use show, when "scene" does the same thing and doesn't have to be hidden before you start the next animation.

tldr: To fix your problem, for every animation in your script replace show with scene, and the problem is solved.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Enjoying the game so far. No problems with laggy animations. Did run into one problem but it was easy to fix. I had to totally clean out all files in the Renpy save folder. Otherwise even starting a new game seemed to hold on to progress I had in another game. Maybe something in the "persistent" files was carrying over, idk.

I didn't mind staring over, it had been a while since I started this game from the beginning, so it was a nice refresher.

Reactions: Erochaser

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
I can tell you the problem without even looking if the issue is laggy animations. You're using "show" without hiding the animation with "hide" after you start the next animation in the script so you have the previous animations running in the background causing lag. Better to just not even use show, when "scene" does the same thing and doesn't have to be hidden before you start the next animation.

tldr: To fix your problem, for every animation in your script replace show with scene, and the problem is solved.
Thanks! I am going to change them all then and hope that fixes the issue. I have no issues running the game so I will not know if it works until I get it all fixed up.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks! I am going to change them all then and hope that fixes the issue. I have no issues running the game so I will not know if it works until I get it all fixed up.
I took a look at your script a bit ago and can confirm that is indeed your issue. It'll fix it, I guarantee it. I've helped some devs out with the exact same problem a few times. You most likely have a good rig so your PC can run 4 animations at once like a champ, but anyone with a dated PC not suited for gaming it'll be unplayable once they reach sex scenes.

Reactions: Erochaser

Abhii1117

Aug 14, 2021
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.1.8b
Size 672 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PIXELDRAIN (if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can you please update the port??

• Angry
Reactions: estrada777

Kuroyuki28

May 1, 2021
Let me know if it is all videos lagging for you or not. I find most people that have issues have them with the first part of the game, and then they get better. Some say it is all animated scenes though. The video used are simple WEBM files that should have no issue running, so I am guessing it is in the way that Renpy is rendering them in engine.
Hey, just wanted to let you now I may know whats going on with this. I have the lagging problem too, with ALL the scenes. I am using linux, so it may not be the only problem, but I think what is going on is that the game is using the CPU, rather than the GPU to render the video. I noticed that when I have the lagging issue, my CPU usage shoots up tremendously, but I have a pretty good graphics card, so it should be using that, and not my CPU. There may be some code or something you need to use to have the game render using the GPU, if a GPU is available.

Not sure if it will be of much help, but there is a forum topic asking about something similar:
https://f95zone.to/threads/solved-f...-on-discrete-gpu-instead-of-integrated.32409/

Edit: I may be using the word render wrong, but hopefully my point gets across. GPUs are great at image stuff, because the specialize in it while CPUs are better for general purpose stuff.
Edit 2: I should also mention that my cpu usage shoots up to 100% It is liely the lag comes from the CPU not being able to handle the video. I have a Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz × 8

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Hey, just wanted to let you now I may know whats going on with this. I have the lagging problem too, with ALL the scenes. I am using linux, so it may not be the only problem, but I think what is going on is that the game is using the CPU, rather than the GPU to render the video. I noticed that when I have the lagging issue, my CPU usage shoots up tremendously, but I have a pretty good graphics card, so it should be using that, and not my CPU. There may be some code or something you need to use to have the game render using the GPU, if a GPU is available.

Not sure if it will be of much help, but there is a forum topic asking about something similar:
https://f95zone.to/threads/solved-f...-on-discrete-gpu-instead-of-integrated.32409/

Edit: I may be using the word render wrong, but hopefully my point gets across. GPUs are great at image stuff, because the specialize in it while CPUs are better for general purpose stuff.
Edit 2: I should also mention that my cpu usage shoots up to 100% It is liely the lag comes from the CPU not being able to handle the video. I have a Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz × 8
I already told him what is causing it and how to fix it, just waiting for him to fix his script. Gonna take a while for him to do it because he has a bunch of animations to fix. It's an issue with developers using "show" in their script for animations but not hiding the animation afterward so it continues to run in the background.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 36 Votes