VN - Ren'Py - From Where You Live [v0.6] [Furry_Desirer]

1. 4.00 star(s)

BigMacWap

The game overall is 8/10 for me.

Pros:
    - Easy UI to learn.
    - Artwork is well done.

Cons:
    - Very limited content. Mostly likely due to it being a WIP. May grow to have a lot more interactions in the future.

Depends On Person:
    - Being eaten content is primary theme. So if your not into that, it will be hard to click with the game. But if your indifferent or into that, then this game has plenty of potential.

OVER ALL:
    The game is very early in development but seems to have a good art style, interesting theme, and plenty of room to expand. Just go into it knowing this and have fun.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

This game is nonsense even for a furry lover. Just click, click, click. repeat, repeat, repeat with no plot, premise or reason. Wasted about 30-40 minutes doing literally the same things over and over making almost no progress and honestly it feels like a lesson in insanity more than a VN or game. There should be a narrative focus, but there's seemly nothing going on here. Just an MC who quite literally gets eaten constantly for no rhyme or reason. That has got to be the strangest fetish I've ever heard of but hey, you do you, right?

Anyway, the only thing that could actually improve this game is giving it an actual plot and real desire fulfillment. If I were writing this I'd make the MC a former lab assistant of Amanda. Due to an accident while assisting her some formula got mixed up into his food or spilled on him and that made him permanently small. The only way to change him back is a temporary enlarge pill. Then make it a point of contention between the MC and Amanda which those two characters have to work out. Meanwhile, this would explain why the MC has to come work for Marlie's shop. Next, I'd have the X-ray glasses be a findable at Marlie's Shop, not a buyable. The pricing of "gifts" and collectibles is outrageous and accounts for 90% of the unnecessary grind. If you can't keep your players/reader engaged with your plot, then it wasn't good enough to go through. Don't use small tidbits like relationship building and gift giving which only force grind to keep players engaged. Cut out the insane gameplay loops after at least 3 times otherwise they feel pointless and your players will lose interest. I.E. the MC going to work and rinsing/repeating the day. Groundhog's Day sounds fun until you actually have to experience it, you know? Next I'd make the Gym and Pool serve a purpose and actually make it possible for the MC to increase his strength, endurance, etc. Right now those don't seem to increase no matter what you have the MC do. They need to feel like they are going to be a function in different scenarios. If not, get rid of the stats screen entirely.

This game is suppose to be about Desires, but the only desires being filled are the ladies stomachs. I honestly gave up after a while. It felt too tedious and gindy with no pay off. I wish the dev all the best and hope this finds its audience.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

Will say this, the art is amazing. I do not know if a computer or an artist made them but they look gorgeous. Just love how their different species have different bodies but are all sexy to see. The alligator women with scales on her breasts. The fox with fur covering everything. And of course, the sexy bellies showing their sexy tummies. This artwork all amazing.

Where it falls flat is story. I could not tell you from the dialogue in the game you have a girlfriend. You do not know your backstory, how you met her, how you treat each other. Yes, she will eat you and let you out but that does not make her any different to the other characters. Give us some personality and history. Have her get worried when she hears how we were gone for days. Have her get angry about how you were eaten by other women. Have her nuzzle up to you when you are sleeping. Maybe even eating you in her sleep. Talk about the two characters childhood.

This applies to the other characters as well but not as bad. Did like the wolf girl at the gym eating you so she could get a workout with a full belly. Or the alligator lady with the two morsels in her breasts (I wonder if she breeds them in her breasts :unsure: :) ).

And this rating will go up as more content is added to the game. For example, their are only so many places you can explore right now. I would say you have about an hours worth of content in the game before you have basically seen it all.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Dovalin

Well, the shortcomings were written. I hope the system of relations will influence something in the future. there are bugs, but everything is done quite decently, but it seems to me that the “back” button is still superfluous, otherwise what’s the point in saving? Good luck again <3
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Playfulpetfox

v0.4.1

I had my hopes up after seeing this with a 5 star rating. This game is hilariously bad. The AI renders are better than what we tend to get on here( for furry AI specifically), but that's the start and endpoint of quality. If the writing wasn't so thoroughly marred by typos, I'd assume it, too, was written by AI...but that would unironically make it better.

I can sum up this game's level of detail quickly. Roxy eats you, and your character says, and I quote
    "Oh no : ( "
    Face and all. If that doesn't give you the idea, nothing will.

In the current version, I magically found a glitch within 10 seconds of playing. Going to the beach immediately gives a fatal error on Renpy, which only adds to this game's quality. There's no absurd garbage here to focus on, it's just a classically terrible game. Horrid writing, zero detail in the scenes, choppy and soulless dialogue, myriad typos, and...of course...AI art. This game does it all!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Inuyasha2005

Early access, but still great work in progress so far! The music sets the scene perfectly well, the voices could use an additional one or two considering we have a few options so far that are here for us. I'm looking forward to seeing how this game progresses.