[R>Writer] Paid Furlough Games looking for writers for Furry games (M/M and M/F)

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Project:
Furry Shades of Gay

Developer:
Furlough Games -

Looking for:
Writer

Employment Type:
Contract

Work commitment:
Script at 10-15 thousand words to start with

Preferred method of contact:
Email or this thread

Job Description:
Writing scripts for furry AVNs

Hey there! I'm posting this on behalf of the Furlough Games team. I help them with the code part, bits of writing and general creative decisions as well.

Furlough Games make adult furry VN/puzzle games with multiple mostly unconnected stories in each one. There are two main series right now, "Furry Shades of Gay" and "Sex and the Furry Titty". The first one is all about dudes, and the second one has at least as many ladies as there are dudes. They are looking into exploring other types of characters, pairings and kinks in the future games as well.

You can check out their games here -

Right now the team is looking for more writers. This is a contract work, one full story (usually 10-15 scenes at ~1000 words each) for starters, but if there's a good fit, a more permanent cooperation is certainly possible. The rate is negotiable, can be either hourly or per-word (per-word is preferred), and other arrangements (profit share etc) are also possible further down the road.

I've attached two sample scripts from the game. Disregard the special commands (everything that starts with # and @ symbols etc), the rest is what you'll have to write. Right now the focus is on Furry Shades of Gay 2, you can apply even if you're not comfortable with writing M/M smut, but you'll probably have to wait a bit until there's work available on the M/F stories.

If you are interested, please either send a message to fggames.contact2@gmail.com or reply here and I'll pass it along. Please link a sample of your writing as well and someone will get back to you.

If you DON'T have any writing you can share, you can check out the test assignment here - and send the finished scenes to the same email (or post them in this thread).

Russian-speaking people are very welcome as most folks on the team are Russian. If you don't speak Russian I'll have to be your liaison for the time being.

Last edited:

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Ah, I thought you were making a new game. :p

riverrungames

Dominus vobiscum
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
Hey, Zanith's looking for a writer, maybe I'll check it out- Oh dear God!

Serious question though, would the team working on the game understand what's written in the script when there's a language barrier? Does the story, as well as the dialogue/exposition have to be simple and easy to understand, or are you able write it how you want (as per the directives given)?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, Zanith's looking for a writer, maybe I'll check it out- Oh dear God!

Serious question though, would the team working on the game understand what's written in the script when there's a language barrier? Does the story, as well as the dialogue/exposition have to be simple and easy to understand, or are you able write it how you want (as per the directives given)?
The language barrier is not that bad, honestly. Just don't expect them to converse freely on any given topic. You can check out the writing yourself, I believe the games are uploaded here as well. So far they've been working with both English native writers and Russian writers and translators, and I think the writing is generally decent to good. Some awkward phrasing here and there, and I've been helping with editing the weakest parts, but it's pretty solid overall.

Edit: Actually, I should probably include the exact nature of the work in the title :unsure:

Last edited: