Furry harem game advice (with my drawing)

Frezezyk

Feb 14, 2022
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking for advice. For some reason, there are very few games where a human man collects a harem of furry girls. So I would like to make a game with popular furry characters. Amy Rose, Renamon, Crystal, Lola Bunny and others.
I'm not doing this for money. But it would be much easier for me if my project was supported with a tip. And the questions follow from this. So here my first question.What should I do to prevent my game from being banned by copyright holders? Will it be enough for me to change the names and designs of the characters a little? (Like on a picture)
Second question. My game will be in 2D style. Give me your opinion on my art. Is my skill enough?
Third question. Will they give me a patreon ban if the human protagonist calls the furry his mother or an adult girl looks like a loli because she belongs to this type of animal. (According to the plot, she will be 18, but she is small due to physical features her type animals).
With your answers, I will understand whether it will be a waste of my time or not? I would really appreciate any answers. prototype cream.png

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Will it be enough for me to change the names and designs of the characters a little?
Give me your opinion on my art. Is my skill enough?
Will they give me a patreon ban if the human protagonist calls the furry his mother or an adult girl looks like a loli because she belongs to this type of animal.
If a copyright holder decides they want to go after you for using their IP, changing the name is not going to stop them. It's rare for IP holders to go after small time creators, but it can happen. If it does happen, you will have to follow their demand to cease and desist (which means no more donations and any monies are frozen by Patreon) while you defend yourself in legal proceedings, if you choose to do so. You can also be held financially responsible for any compensation to the IP holder, if a court directs you. You could eventually succeed (but likely not) and you will have to pay all your attorney fees in order to do so. Your best bet is to design your own characters.

Your art is fine. Could it be better? Sure. However, there are games with a variety of levels of art that is made available.

There are a lot of things Patreon does not allow or will review strictly such as characters placed in sexual situations who appear under age 18, sexual relations between characters who are related by blood or marriage (or who may even say "we think of ourselves like a family), and bestiality. If your characters are animals, even anthropomorphic such as your examples, and they are placed in sexual situations you could find yourself a problem with Patreon - if not now, perhaps in the future.

Also, you created two threads with the same title with similar content (other thread) - you could have just added on to this thread.

Reactions: Frezezyk

Frezezyk

Feb 14, 2022
If a copyright holder decides they want to go after you for using their IP, changing the name is not going to stop them. It's rare for IP holders to go after small time creators, but it can happen. If it does happen, you will have to follow their demand to cease and desist (which means no more donations and any monies are frozen by Patreon) while you defend yourself in legal proceedings, if you choose to do so. You can also be held financially responsible for any compensation to the IP holder, if a court directs you. You could eventually succeed (but likely not) and you will have to pay all your attorney fees in order to do so. Your best bet is to design your own characters.

Your art is fine. Could it be better? Sure. However, there are games with a variety of levels of art that is made available.

There are a lot of things Patreon does not allow or will review strictly such as characters placed in sexual situations who appear under age 18, sexual relations between characters who are related by blood or marriage (or who may even say "we think of ourselves like a family), and bestiality. If your characters are animals, even anthropomorphic such as your examples, and they are placed in sexual situations you could find yourself a problem with Patreon - if not now, perhaps in the future.

Also, you created two threads with the same title with similar content (other thread) - you could have just added on to this thread.
Thanks a lot for such a helpful answer.
Yes, it really was worth creating one thread. I just now realized it. (Can I delete the thread? Or not)
It is a pity. I really wanted to make a fan game:cry:

Frezezyk

Feb 14, 2022

Maybe then subscribstar. I heard there and incest and loli quietly exist. And about the characters... Even a redesign won't help avoid copyright?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Maybe then subscribstar. I heard there and incest and loli quietly exist. And about the characters... Even a redesign won't help avoid copyright?
I am not an attorney. If you are worried about getting hit with a copyright claim on what you do, you should:
  1. seek an attorney and get legal advice, or
  2. change your character designs to remove yourself as much as possible from a claim, or
  3. not create it at all.
Never ask for legal advice on the public internet. You're going to get a lot of people who have no clue and some who have no feelings toward your best interest give you wrong information.

Here are a couple of quick examples of what could happen:

That took me 30 seconds of searching online for nintendo adult content copyright.

There are creators who are using character designs in adult content and getting away with it, for now. But if they are discovered by the IP holder, they could find themselves halted and see possible legal action. All it takes is for one pissed off fan know your content exists.

And now that you have created 2 threads on a public website asking these questions, you cannot even attempt to defend yourself with saying you "didn't know" because these threads can be found during the discovery period of a lawsuit by using any major search engine:
1669832780427.png

Last edited:

Frezezyk

Feb 14, 2022
I am not an attorney. If you are worried about getting hit with a copyright claim on what you do, you should:
  1. seek an attorney and get legal advice, or
  2. change your character designs to remove yourself as much as possible from a claim, or
  3. not create it at all.
Never ask for legal advice on the public internet. You're going to get a lot of people who have no clue and some who have no feelings toward your best interest give you wrong information.

Here are a couple of quick examples of what could happen:

That took me 30 seconds of searching online for nintendo adult content copyright.

There are creators who are using character designs in adult content and getting away with it, for now. But if they are discovered by the IP holder, they could find themselves halted and see possible legal action. All it takes is for one pissed off fan know your content exists.

And now that you have created 2 threads on a public website asking these questions, you cannot even attempt to defend yourself with saying you "didn't know" because these threads can be found during the discovery period of a lawsuit by using any major search engine:
View attachment 2204774
Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll give up on the game without even starting:ROFLMAO:

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
One possible solution is similar to the incest and loli mods that Patreon devs use: publish an official version with generic names and maybe no art and then "someone" makes a "mod" that adds copyrighted names and images. But that could be a ton of extra work, and it will be if you duplicate art.

View attachment 2204774
That's nothing an alt account with a new pseudonym couldn't solve, though.

Frezezyk

Feb 14, 2022
One possible solution is similar to the incest and loli mods that Patreon devs use: publish an official version with generic names and maybe no art and then "someone" makes a "mod" that adds copyrighted names and images. But that could be a ton of extra work, and it will be if you duplicate art.

That's nothing an alt account with a new pseudonym couldn't solve, though.
Thanks for the advice. Like I said, money is not the most important thing for me. Of course, I can put a variable in their names and let the players decide if there will be incest. But what's the point if I don't want to make a version with more "safe" content and the patreon with the copyright holders can close my game at any time. I'll just make a game that I'd love to play myself. Of course I will create pages on patreon and subscribstar, but I don’t think I will earn much from this. So if I get banned everywhere, I won't be too upset.