Ren'Py - Furtown: New Beginnings [v0.3] [BisCreates Studio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jyk

As of v0.3 there's not much content however the little parts that are available are good starters and there is much potential for this game should there be regular content being added. I will say though the story doesn't seem 100% clear on where it's going and on a good note there are a lot of characters that seem like they will have content later on.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

TheRealSerrated

A nice VN so far. Limited content but has well drawn characters, good dialogue, and interesting story arcs with each character. There is an array of diversity between the characters personalities so that is intriguing too. I look forward to seeing how this progresses.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.2

I went in wanting to like this one more than I did. The obvious main draw here is the art, provided you're into furries. Thankfully I'm a person of many different tastes so this was pretty eye catching. The character art does have its charm.

Besides that though, the game is unfortunately very bland at the end of the day. It's a pretty generic incest game, with the same tropes and dialogue I've seen in 20 other AVNs of the same type on this site. Most of the events and writing are pretty simple and have a sort of rushed feel, which means they aren't that satisfying to see play out. It's lacking any real depth I'd normally want out of my visual novels.

This is listed as a harem game, but really doesn't feel like one. Most choices so far are just picking which girl to go do an event with and missing out on the ones you didn't chose. Then there's the moment when you ask your mom about her dinner date and she tells you he's "well endowed." Or with the wolf sister, who we find out is a camgirl that we immediately go jerk off to (unavoidably) that same night. It's not something I'd cry out "NTR!!!" about, but I just don't find those things appealing to put it simply.

I have some complaints on the technical side of things as well. Some bugs included every character calling me by the default MC name instead of what I entered, and one of my choices going the yes route despite selecting no. There's also a map that's just completely useless since there's only ever one place to go. I like the music at the least though.

Feel like I should have a little section about the AI art backgrounds as well. I'm not a fan of AI art in general, but I have much less of a problem when it's ONLY being used for backgrounds like this does. Still, it's not ideal. It kind of turns into the only interesting thing to look at being the characters. Does not do favors for immersion either.

What are you looking for out of an AVN? If you're just in it for the sex scenes I suppose this is fine. If you're like me and enjoy more in-depth writing/characters, this doesn't have that. As usual the game is new and things can change, and I'd expect things like the bugs to be worked out pretty fast. But the game would need a pretty big rewrite to address a lot of my personal problems with it, and I just doubt that will happen.