surskit

May 6, 2017
Hearing kurovadis brings anthophobia to mind as well
Perfect, someone else brought up Anthophobia because, fucking yes that game actually world builds in non-intrusive manner and just does so many things right.

FF was just a mistake all around. Even ignoring the fact this seemed to only be an H game begrudgingly, ignoring the immersion breaking level design, ignoring the obnoxious amount of narration:

The thing the dev enjoyed most, the logs, suck. They're verbose and plentiful, but delocated and uninteresting. I have no reason to care about the diary of someone I've neither met or had some sort of environmental cue as to the context of this log. Compounded on the fact that I get the stories of a small communes worth of nobodies so I'm not even really retaining who's plot I'm following at any given point.

Anthophobia, you find a letter, it talks about the person literally in the next room that's being zombi-plantified and how they no longer have the strength to go on, and that there's some spare ammo in the closet or some such relevant fact. That's great, that's succinct and poignant and if I could take my money out of FF and pay SourJelly a second time with it, I would.

Visya

Oct 26, 2018
Managed to find it, it only works on Windows, it is a batch file, and it alters the ffdata_slot_1.sav (autosave slot), so read it or scan it if you're concerned.
Since it modifies the save slot itself, I would make a manual save to a different slot just so you don't lose anything.

To use it, just make sure you're not in game when you run it, either be out of the game or the main menu. After running it'll give you a prompt to walk you through the things it can do. Then just load the first slot.

Things it can do:
Change level
Unlock/Lock all powerups
Change ideals

Things it can't do:
It can't unlock achievements directly, therefore it can't unlock the gallery. Although it should make getting some achievements easier.
Give databanks (I could do this, it'd take awhile for me to get it figured out)
Give fragments (this one would be harder to do, but maybe it'd work, I really don't know)
Alter level progression (theoretically I could do this, but it'd take some time)
Alter Faye reputation (maybe I could do this, I'm really not sure due to how this value is saved)
Alter previous character choices (even if I knew how to do this, there are so many alterations and whatnot, I probably won't do it, although I could add a function to delete all choices pretty quick, I haven't seen any issues in progression doing this manually, but who knows)

Disclaimer: Since this thing doesn't change the flags and values associated with character choices, it might break some cutscenes. So maybe start a new game, save at the first pad, then use it just so if anything you'd have fewer checks in place than the game would expect.

Mega
Hey, it's not that I don't trust you, but my computer kept just refusing to run or even edit the bat file. are there any alternatives? or can I get your edited saves instead?

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
Hey, it's not that I don't trust you, but my computer kept just refusing to run or even edit the bat file. are there any alternatives? or can I get your edited saves instead?
Makes sense that your computer would hesitate to run it, windows gives a warning when trying to run or edit a batch file that's been read. Normally you could just hit "more info" and then "Run Anyway", but if that's not working then that's unfortunate.
As for an alternative, I'll add the script in the spoiler below. Unless this site screws up the formatting, you should be able to copy it into something like a text document, and save it as a .bat file.
If that doesn't work, I'll have to look into another alternative such as github or something (I really don't understand how that website works).
Otherwise, I'm planning on finally getting around to updating the script with a few new features soonish, and I could make several saves along the way and upload those if you just want something like saves in each level with the powerups unlocked and forced dialogue skipped.

Actually, after typing all that up, it seems I can just upload a text file here? Maybe that'll work, just change it to a batch file and it should work just fine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OmniFurious

Sep 7, 2021
wow this is amazing, how can i edit the save to set what paths were completed?
Sounds good, thank you sir, please let me know!
I've got an update fellas.

Current Features:
Change to any level
Unlock/lock all powerups
Alter any ideal - Added a note about the max they can be, I'm not sure if going over this will break something, but you really have no reason to go anywhere even close to this limit.

NEW FEATURE:

I have added a feature which clears all paths and skips all dialogue that you can't bypass normally. Some dialogue remains since bypassing these would more than likely break too many things, specifically scenes related to bosses.

Possibly stuff for the future:
Gallery unlock, I already have a file posted here somewhere, but I might just add that to the script at some point.
Gather all fragments.
Gather all databanks.
Solve all Ice Level puzzles.
Solve all Electric Level puzzles.

DISCLAIMER: If you use the new function, things might break, or it'll all work perfectly, who knows, it took long enough to troubleshoot what was causing an issue in the first place. None of the NPC's have been interacted with, so all their scenes should play out like normal. I think some cutscenes remain in the Electric Level, I wish I could say I left them in on purpose since they're tutorial parts related to solving puzzles, but it kinda just happened so ohwell.

Below are a few different methods for downloading the script, just in case anyone else's computers decide they don't like my script.
I don't really know the rules about linking or attaching files, so I'm not going to attach the batch file itself, but I will do it as a text file.

snipa008

Jan 17, 2021
I've got an update fellas.

Current Features:
Change to any level
Unlock/lock all powerups
Alter any ideal - Added a note about the max they can be, I'm not sure if going over this will break something, but you really have no reason to go anywhere even close to this limit.

NEW FEATURE:

I have added a feature which clears all paths and skips all dialogue that you can't bypass normally. Some dialogue remains since bypassing these would more than likely break too many things, specifically scenes related to bosses.

Possibly stuff for the future:
Gallery unlock, I already have a file posted here somewhere, but I might just add that to the script at some point.
Gather all fragments.
Gather all databanks.
Solve all Ice Level puzzles.
Solve all Electric Level puzzles.

DISCLAIMER: If you use the new function, things might break, or it'll all work perfectly, who knows, it took long enough to troubleshoot what was causing an issue in the first place. None of the NPC's have been interacted with, so all their scenes should play out like normal. I think some cutscenes remain in the Electric Level, I wish I could say I left them in on purpose since they're tutorial parts related to solving puzzles, but it kinda just happened so ohwell.

Below are a few different methods for downloading the script, just in case anyone else's computers decide they don't like my script.
I don't really know the rules about linking or attaching files, so I'm not going to attach the batch file itself, but I will do it as a text file.
Mega

Awesome, thank you sir =)

3.80 star(s) 79 Votes