Daz G8.1 eyelashes not following squint

calciumspin

Mar 9, 2018
I'm not sure if it's an issue on my end or not, but somehow pose control morphs such as Eye Squint and Cheek Squint are not affecting the G8.1 eyelashes at all. Image below shows Eye Squint dialed to 100% and the eyelashes are not following it.

1.png

However, G8 eyelashes work properly.

2.png

Same goes to Cheek Squint dial.

What's the issue here? Is it a problem on my end or the G8.1 eyelashes are broken as is? Thanks in advance!

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I'm not sure if it's an issue on my end or not, but somehow pose control morphs such as Eye Squint and Cheek Squint are not affecting the G8.1 eyelashes at all. Image below shows Eye Squint dialed to 100% and the eyelashes are not following it.

What's the issue here? Is it a problem on my end or the G8.1 eyelashes are broken as is? Thanks in advance!
First, let me say that I don't use 8.1 myself. But, a glitch of that magnitude seems almost impossible to miss and there would be a flood of reports if it was a general 8.1 problem.

So you're using a resource/morphs not meant for 8.1 maybe. Or you have something installed that messes with the figure. Or morphs from elsewhere affecting the figure that creates the problem. Can almost (never say never) certainly say it's on your end.

I believe you also need Daz to be at least 4.15 for 8.1 to work correctly.

calciumspin

Mar 9, 2018
First, let me say that I don't use 8.1 myself. But, a glitch of that magnitude seems almost impossible to miss and there would be a flood of reports if it was a general 8.1 problem.

So you're using a resource/morphs not meant for 8.1 maybe. Or you have something installed that messes with the figure. Or morphs from elsewhere affecting the figure that creates the problem. Can almost (never say never) certainly say it's on your end.

I believe you also need Daz to be at least 4.15 for 8.1 to work correctly.
I'm currently running latest 4.20 stable build.

I've tried checking the hidden properties to peek on what could be messing with the eyelashes to no avail. The only thing I'm able to observe is that the hidden vanilla eye squint dials on G8.1 eyelashes, even though at 100%, aren't affecting the eyelashes at all. Dialing at any % isn't making a difference.
4.png

I'm out of brain juice at the moment :confused: I've attached the log file for anyone who is able to help out. Thanks in advance!

calciumspin

Mar 9, 2018
Ok I'm able to trace the path of the dsf files and found the exact problem. Had to cross-check with the original G8 Starter Essentials pack.

It seems a certain vendor packed duplicated morphs with the same IDs and the software took that instead of the ones from the starter essentials.

For those who encountered the same issues as I did, the offending figure is Mio Character and Mio Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females. Inside it packs duplicated eyelashes dsf data such as data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1 Eyelashes\Morphs\Panda\FACS and data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1 Eyelashes\Morphs\Panda\Base. Same goes to 8.1 Tears. Also it packs other duplicated contents from other vendors such as Rarestone.

Fixed it by uninstalling the offending figure.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Primalewd