• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender G8 Gold Palace has problems in Blender

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
I loaded the Golden Palace in daz and rendered it, no problem 5665b9138d3ba467.png ,Using Diffeomorphic to import blender rendering, it looks like this -1e796fdabdb8407a.png 57c11044f9fc6e7e.png ,What should I do, please? English is not my mother tongue, please use pictures to show the process, so that I can easily understand, thank you

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
so, I went back to various tutorials to watch, and I finally fixed it,guys.

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
It is material is not good, not quite lifelike, what can improve the method? thank you

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
You need to remove the areas of the base mesh the geograft covers up. There's articles on the Diffeomorphic blogspot explaining the process.

What do you mean by "not quite lifelike" materials? Blender uses a different color space from Daz, filmic/ACES. Your render looks correct for filmic compared to Daz's more limited sRGB color space. You need to tonemap the images if you want them to look like Daz. Find the color management at the bottom of the render settings tab, set the view transform to Standard, use the other controls to match the light/contrast/color.

If you want to compare skins, make a render with an HDRI and camera in Daz Studio. Export the figure and camera to Blender. Load the same HDRI and use color management to match the skydome colors to the reference. Make a render using the same camera you exported from Daz. Then post the side by side and tell us exactly what you think is wrong.

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
You need to remove the areas of the base mesh the geograft covers up. There's articles on the Diffeomorphic blogspot explaining the process.

What do you mean by "not quite lifelike" materials? Blender uses a different color space from Daz, filmic/ACES. Your render looks correct for filmic compared to Daz's more limited sRGB color space. You need to tonemap the images if you want them to look like Daz. Find the color management at the bottom of the render settings tab, set the view transform to Standard, use the other controls to match the light/contrast/color.

If you want to compare skins, make a render with an HDRI and camera in Daz Studio. Export the figure and camera to Blender. Load the same HDRI and use color management to match the skydome colors to the reference. Make a render using the same camera you exported from Daz. Then post the side by side and tell us exactly what you think is wrong.
thank you bro, i'll try it.

Apr 21, 2022
In Blender, I like to use Vertex Painting for this sort of thing, but I'm pretty sure there are alpha maps
Is this the post?

That's a very interesting approach. All this time, I was just using vertex colors to drive alpha-blending in the shaders. :ROFLMAO:

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
1717bdfee1af97b6.png There is a problem with cum importing Blender, the material is wrong and the color is wrong. How to solve it? thank you

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Generally whatever engine you use before exporting you want to get rid of Daz geoshell(s) (when possible) using map transfert & merging them directly on the graft :

daz3d_merge.jpg

Another problem is the way the shading part is done for labia parts. It uses kinda old school workflow & make it difficult to look realistic. I don't do mch nude but best shot (imho) is to get rid of the greyscale map in translucency for a color (diffuse) map and rebuild shader around chromatic SSS (instead of mono). I didn't verify but it should also export way better with Diffeo (via BSDF).

labia.png

For "sperm" type fluid, just redo the material, or modify a milky shader, or well .

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
Generally whatever engine you use before exporting you want to get rid of Daz geoshell(s) (when possible) using map transfert & merging them directly on the graft :

View attachment 1907608

Another problem is the way the shading part is done for labia parts. It uses kinda old school workflow & make it difficult to look realistic. I don't do mch nude but best shot (imho) is to get rid of the greyscale map in translucency for a color (diffuse) map and rebuild shader around chromatic SSS (instead of mono). I didn't verify but it should also export way better with Diffeo (via BSDF).

View attachment 1907696

For "sperm" type fluid, just redo the material, or modify a milky shader, or well .
Thank you for your answer.

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022

View attachment 1907608

View attachment 1907696

Can you describe the labia shading problem in more detail? I'm a newbie. I have no idea where to start. Is there any node display or video?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Can you describe the labia shading problem in more detail? I'm a newbie. I have no idea where to start. Is there any node display or video?
Don't stress this much, it's not that much of a problem per se, only if you want to add/milk a maximum amount of details later. I should not have worded it like that. When Daz implemented Iray into Daz3D, they came with rather simple SSS method (mono) and Diffeo will translate it just fine (iirc).

-> A single translucency color (A) is multiplied by its transmitted color (B).
That's how SSS labia shader part is made in most 3rd party geografts.

Long story short, instead of playing with a single translucency color for SSS, you may want to go for another SSS method that use a full color map (method that came later in Daz). Which give you a wider range of options to bring/milk details (if you need it). And also will export just fine with Diffeo.

But again, don't stress it, especially if you're starting.

Last edited:

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
Don't stress this much, it's not that much of a problem per se, only if you want to add/milk a maximum amount of details later. I should not have worded it like that. When Daz implemented Iray into Daz3D, they came with rather simple SSS method (mono) and Diffeo will translate it just fine (iirc).

-> A single translucency color (A) is multiplied by its transmitted color (B).
That's how SSS labia shader part is made in most 3rd party geografts.

Long story short, instead of playing with a single translucency color for SSS, you may want to go for another SSS method that use a full color map (method that came later in Daz). Which give you a wider range of options to bring/milk details (if you need it). And also will export just fine with Diffeo.

But again, don't stress it, especially if you're starting.
So how do I do that? Change shading in daz? This is the rendering I imported into Blender using Diffeo -3600821c037edce9.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
So how do I do that? Change shading in daz? This is the rendering I imported into Blender using Diffeo
Import is fine. You can either change material in Daz or Blender to have something looking more "fleshy", before or after import. But you need to be at least familiar with how Diffeo 'translate' material via BDSF from Iray to Cycle, or how UberShader works SSS in general. With all due respect I can't write a wall of text about it, it's too much lol.

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
Import is fine. You can either change material in Daz or Blender to have something looking more "fleshy", before or after import. But you need to be at least familiar with how Diffeo 'translate' material via BDSF from Iray to Cycle, or how UberShader works SSS in general. With all due respect I can't write a wall of text about it, it's too much lol.
Ok. How do you adjust the shape of the labia? It is very beautiful, my labia it looks big, I use preset adjustment can not do this, add posture will wear mold. 15ccdfb65cf56843.png -62adb0254ac6e677.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Ok. How do you adjust the shape of the labia? It is very beautiful, my labia it looks big, I use preset adjustment can not do this, add posture will wear mold. View attachment 1923687 View attachment 1923688
Ah! Sorry about that. It's because I use :

I do believe the scult is superior (imho) in many way, but again I don't do many nude.
That said, it uses the exact same (old) SSS method.

It's the material preset from screenshot (don't use it it's quite garbage, it's just me playing):
View attachment labia_mat_preset.rar

ryzhang

Jul 3, 2022
Ah! Sorry about that. It's because I use :

I do believe the scult is superior (imho) in many way, but again I don't do many nude.
That said, it uses the exact same (old) SSS method.

It's the material preset from screenshot (don't use it it's quite garbage, it's just me playing):
View attachment 1923720
The link you gave is invalid and cannot be opened.