RPGM - Completed - Gachinko Pirates [v1.04] [Pon de Ushi]

1. 2.00 star(s)

oakwood

Games concept is cool.. Sailing with ship and random encounterish sea battles, looting, trade and micro managementish features first excited me but after short time i understood that its not mandatory to andvance in game plus it started to be repetitive and boring... There are enough characters to make this game x3 longer but most of them felts like they are just placeholders... Art not bad but CGs didnt make a big impact on me.. Probably its related to how devs served them.. I mean CGs are not in story.. they are like "ok you achived this and now you can see this CG here you go"...
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Gintlar

Gachinko Pirates [v1.04] [Pon de Ushi]
    I recommend the game. 2/5 is not a low grade, at least for me. I think a 5/10 is a nice vote...
    Very beautiful vanilla designs, great female characters, fun dialogue and well structured.
    What don't I like about the game? What are the elements that didn't make me put 3/5?

- Let's start by saying that the game is short, perhaps even too short if you train for a year (however the best solution to unlock a large part of the gallery without using guides).

- Boring and poorly structured battles. In addition to this, once the opposing ship is knocked down, you still have to wait for the opponents to attack, making the battles even more boring.

- Male characters. In addition to our dear Bavacchio, the rest of the male characters are useless to recruit, but you must necessarily recruit them to be sure you have unlocked all the girls, since the males also occupy the "????" of the crew. I'm not saying that all of them are bad, some have a certain style and a good characterization, but they are useless anyway.

- Minimal and repetitive gameplay.

Despite everything, I recommend the game.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

RenéDescartes

The best way i can summarize this game is: "A offline Gacha pirate game where your objective is becoming the pirate king cause being rich is good"

The main selling point about this one it's the gameplay/ the Gacha elements, not the hentai (it's okay in general, you get in max of 2-3 scenes for each girl since there is alot of them) or even the story (It's just a background thing to justify what happens).

Also a important thing about this game it's lack of a level up system, you get the character and he will stay like that forever unless you equip some rare shit to give him/her some minor stats boosts, which consequently creates an tier list of what are the best and worse characters to use, so i strongly advise you to capture every single one possible to make your life easy.

Some side notes for the review:

The economy system of this game is simply broken, there is a really easy exploit to make yourself rich in like a 1 hour or less, heck, due to the entire game being opened to explore right on the beggining, you can get 100M Gold (Enough money to buy the best ship in the game) in less then 10 minutes if you know where to go of course.

Since this game has a huge amount of characters, they unfortunately aren't well developed, once they either join your crew or die, they will practically not say anything or interact with anyone in the world for the rest of the entire game, except for the final part of the game, also some characters are slightly quoted in being in your crew for other characters (only notice this once), but that's about it.

Final thoughts: A good game worth being played for it's gameplay system's, however due to the tier list, it ridiculously encourages you into wanting the best pirates and to forget about the rest (since many of them are really not worth using at all)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

aklik

There is a walkthrough included, but game is perfectly playable even without it - only a few characters need specific items to recruit and because there is only few items you can do it anyway, like for recruiting dog you need dog food or for recruiting tengu you need tengu fan. Especially so if you read dialogs.
    Just dont gift any items to anybody for no reason.

Art felt a bit strange - it is very detailed but somehow it doesnt feel creepy how can feel detailed art usually.

Plot is pretty simple and episodic but good enough to keep reading what's going on. Each girl has from 1 to 3 H-scenes, and most of this scenes have choices inside which can make you reread the whole scene just to explore changes.

Gameplay and mechanics felt fresh at the very least, there is no leveling - just getting more units and using better combinations of them + protag can borrow 1 skill from any unit. On top of just being fresh it made it possible to avoid game becoming boring near end, where usually we just go around roflstomping remaining enemies. Instead we have to keep thinking and tinkering without our team.

Also what's important at harem game - all girls were likable, without exceptions.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

elhlyn

I have to start by pointing out I gave up on the game, I assume rather early, probably 30% of the way because I soft locked myself of getting any decent characters and frankly am not willing to start again or even continue going on.

it's certainly unique and has quite an interesting mechanic.

the hentai aspect of it is ok. you probably get 1 or 2 hentai scenes with each girls but there are a lot.

honestly the reason it got a pretty average is frankly how the game has a lot of annoying aspects, namely random "event" counters that you have to use to trigger the ability to recruit members, assuming you didn't lock yourself out of potentially recruiting these characters and without the walk-through posted you'd end up not only missing out a lot of content, but you may never actually progress since it relies on getting better characters to recruit and not improving your roster of characters. Again, unique but then again, there's probably a reason people don't do this sort of mechanic.

unfortunately the translation has some issues and glitches that prevent you from buying stuff

the game is a mix of pretty good aspects but also pretty bad aspects. It's certainly interesting enough to justify trying it but temper your expectations and patience.