game character models

hinya

Mar 24, 2018
Hi, I hope this the right place where I can write this, I saw some games where the character models is very similar to other games, for example:
-lucky mark
-family venture
-School_Love_and_Friends
-The Awakening

there is a character maker/generator program, or maybe there is an old game where uses these models? or this models is free? therefore they are used many times?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
, you can buy premade models from the . There's also a section here for them.

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
Be careful about pirating models, as you'll eventually have to replace them when the game grows too popular. It's happened to a bunch of devs so far (Corrupted Kingdoms comes to mind).

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Be careful about pirating models, as you'll eventually have to replace them when the game grows too popular. It's happened to a bunch of devs so far (Corrupted Kingdoms comes to mind).
Corrupted Kingdoms was a Koikatsu-based game, right?
Did they switch to fully original models? Or they are still using some assets?

Reactions: Netori Popeye

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Did they switch to fully original models? Or they are still using some assets?
Arc is still using Koikatu! but reworked some of the girls, quote from one of their on the rework when someone asked...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hinya

Mar 24, 2018
thanks, but it was just a question :) I dont want to make a game or something, just interested where came from these models.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Arc is still using Koikatu! but reworked some of the girls, quote from one of their on the rework when someone asked...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Very interesting, thanks. I was thinking that it was something about the FAKKU drama. Because, you know, Koikatsu is an intellectual property of Illusion. Unlike DAZ models, those assets are not completely legal (or not legal at all).

May 23, 2017
If you're using koikatsu or honey select characters, the problem is that it is all property of Illusion. You are not allowed to make money using their assets. The card creators, awesome as they are, do not own shit.

May 5, 2019
I'm also new. What would "Pirating Models" refer to. I notice on Daz3d various models for sale. Would pirating refer to getting them without paying. or would purchasing them still not mean they can be used in a game?

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
With Daz if you pay for a model you can make any kind of 2d image with, nothing related to pirating here, if you want to use them in a 3d platform like Unity you need to pay an extra license.

Now, Honey Select and some cartoon characters, from Disney, Hanna Barbera... belong to their creators, they are not for sale, using them is pirating, and they can sue you.