[S> Other] Unpaid Game Design Student Looking To Involve In A Project~

DonnaZorro

Jun 7, 2023
About Me:

So you can just call me Sena, I am a game design student as well as a graduate in linguistics and language teaching. I also dwell on literature, art and psychology. I’m also taking classes in communications and marketing as well.

With nothing much else to play at the moment and crippling boredom, I wish to involve in a project as a hobby and help creating a great product.

My Role:

Game design is basically the architect equivalent for video games whereas others construct the building, game designers create the blueprint for the building.

From the overall experience of the game, gameplay mechanics and characters of the game etc. game designers create the overall concept game will be built upon.

Game designers are not particularly leaders but harmonizers to make all aspects of the game work well with each other and make sure that a good product comes out at the end.

Payment & Price:

I am just a student plus I see this as a hobby so I don’t expect nor need any payment as experience would be the most valuable for me as I will get better as I get to experience more.

How To Contact:

My Discord username: donnnazorro

My Humble Requests:

I would be glad to be in an environment with open minded individuals where we can brainstorm and come to great and innovative ideas.

I would be happy to work with committed and active individuals that do not ghost or forgo midway, people who wish to actually create a great and nice product as a passion project.

Final Stuff:

Feel free to contact me anytime as I’m mostly free 7 days of the week as long as I don’t have urgent matters.

Also if you have any questions or things you wish to know feel free to contact me also.

Have a nice day~

Reactions: zilkin

Dyschology

Jul 31, 2019
Hey I wasn't able to find you on discord with just the username (I'm Dyschology#4352 if you want to message me).

I'm a professional software engineer in my day job but a hobbyist game dev in my free time. I'm currently learning the Godot engine in-depth and I'd love to have a project to create using it. I find game dev to be a lot more fun with teammates so I'd be interested in teaming up to create something.

If you aren't familiar with Godot it's a game engine in a similar category to something like Unity or Unreal. It has great 3D support and much better 2D support than the other popular engines which is nice. It's also 100% free to use commercially (MIT license) which is kinda cool too, though honestly not a huge deal since the other engines have pretty favorable pricing models.

If you want to check out some basic demos of what I've messed around with in the past I'll add a link to my demos folder below. Nothing too advanced nor everything I've worked on but it's what I had lying around on my hard drive. They are all playable but check the readme for my typical forewarning. TLDR is you should never run a raw exe you get from the internet, and since the demos don't have a registered publisher windows is going to tell you they could be malware. They aren't and are safe to run but you really shouldn't trust me on that. I've added some screenshots and videos to view instead.

Hit me up if you are interested!

Reactions: quarzo and zilkin