Request Game Dev Assistance

Jul 7, 2019
I've never coded or did development on anything before. I am pretty good at erotic writing though (especially for what gets me off). From you experienced developers, how do you write the story to your game? Do you come up with a rough draft at first then start making scenarios from that draft or is there a specific way of writing for adult game developing? Is it first better to flesh out the gameworld then the story? Also, which engine is the easiest to use for a total beginner (PC/mac literate but game development illiterate).

I would like to give this development thing a try and create the game I've always wanted to see. I can go into more detail if needed if that helps for what engine would be best but it's nothing outlandish, probably pretty tame by most standards. I have no desires to make money off this, just want to make something for me (and possibly anyone else if it's also their "thing"). I guess that's another thing, how expensive does this get? Are we talking thousands and thousands of $'s or can you pretty much get by on nothing?

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
search this forum at least for free model graphics etc resources. The game engines u can get for free to make a game for yourself like: Unreal, Renpy, Unity. For graphics u have to have a GPU card dedicated when u have laptop, or buy for your desktop machine, the requirements for the engines like unreal and unity are published. DAZ studio is also free and has a lot of ready to use graphics, bing.com is your friend in searching web for those. If u are good at drawing u can use advanced tools like blender which is really awesome and free.

Guy Axworthy

Keeper of Assets
Uploader
Sep 14, 2018
I think the first question you need to ask yourself is what type of game do you want to make...

Visual Novel - then learn ren'py or unity(although not that great for VNs I've seen it being used) and check out or Honey Select (depending on your preferences in the way characters look)

RPG (old school pokemon games) - check

Then you have your Unreal Engine which, if you put in the time and effort, can create amazing 3D games, but when I say time and effort I really mean A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT! :)