Game dev website 3DBuzz.com is shutting down and giving away all their tutorial videos for free

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Nothing complicated... The website is closing down and making all their training videos and stuff available for download for free.

There's nothing there for Daz3D, RenPy or RPGMaker... sorry. So it's probably useless for 90%+ of F95 users.
But there is stuff there for Maya, Blender and zBrush. Some advice for drawing 2D and 3D characters. How-to guides for developing iPhone and Android apps in CPP and Unity.

It is NOT a website for really casual developers. But if you're an semi competent games programmer or artist - there's maybe something useful for you.
Some of the videos are quite old, but the concepts introduced are still valid in more recent versions of the software.

Honestly, with so many YouTube videos out there - it's difficult to say there is something there that you can't find in a different form elsewhere... But free is free, and it's better presented than 99% of YouTube tutorials.

Edit: The whole lot is around 150+gig. So maybe cherry pick what you want to download :)

Edit2: I'm guessing their servers got pretty hard as people grabbed what they could. They've shifted the files into a single torrent file. (link at the top of their page). If it were me, I'd start the torrent - stop the torrent - Deselect all files - Reselect the files I want to download and then Start the torrent... so I only download the files I want, rather than everything. Thanks to if95 for drawing my attention to it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Downloading it all, too bad there isn't 1 link for everything, but as you said, most of it won't be used

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
[...] YouTube video
Well, at first I didn't download the Houdini training videos because I had never heard of Houdini before.

... Now, I'm still not downloading them because based on that video... I won't have a fucking clue how to use it, even with the videos helping me. :whistle:

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
writers- write
editors- edit
translators- translate
artists- art
graphic artists- graph
riggers- rig
animators- animate
voice actors- voice
coders- code
testers- test

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something- teamwork
Team-Unity-Large.jpg

t727

Jan 4, 2018
I'm sorry, for a moment I was lost at counting cleavages and pondering over who made the cappuccino art.
But you're correct!

Reactions: polywog

if95

May 3, 2017
content servers are down and links are removed

here is the magnet link of all content
..choose which files you want to download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BossFloof

Nitro Girlz: Paradise Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2019
Thanks, there might be a pearl or two in this dump, esp. for Houdini (which is a really amazing piece of software)

Reactions: if95

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
Thanks, there might be a pearl or two in this dump, esp. for Houdini (which is a really amazing piece of software)
Houdini is too advanced for most plebs, I don't recommend advertising it here; lest you deter newcomers if they ever get their hands on it.

BossFloof

Nitro Girlz: Paradise Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2019
Houdini is too advanced for most plebs, I don't recommend advertising it here; lest you deter newcomers if they ever get their hands on it.
Houdini is definitely a professional tool and more advanced and you'll have little to no fun just trying it out without prior knowledge of 3D art creation. But if you already have experience in creating 3D art from scratch (i.e. not Daz but Maya or Blender), you will be able to produce cool procedural stuff for specific cases. But we also didn't play around too much with it, yet. It's on our list of things to try to improve our workflows with car and city design and potentially even characters.