Ren'Py Game Development Question (HS2 vs Koikatsu, size and render speed)

hypnoaddict

Jan 9, 2021
Trying to create my first game and I have the story ready.

Currently deciding between Honey Select 2 and Koikatsu for art. (Game setting: big city) Which one has better renders for a city?

I have a lot of plans to make this game big with many characters. I like HS2 art better but which one is faster for render and size? My computer is decent, was wondering how long art takes to render and put into renpy? And the size per scene?

Reactions: Cokane0

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Trying to create my first game and I have the story ready.

Currently deciding between Honey Select 2 and Koikatsu for art. (Game setting: big city) Which one has better renders for a city?

I have a lot of plans to make this game big with many characters. I like HS2 art better but which one is faster for render and size? My computer is decent, was wondering how long art takes to render and put into renpy? And the size per scene?
I have no experience with HS2 but I assume the char studio is the same as koi. I know HS1 is the same, minus whatever your mod loadout is.
Images are instant, video depends on length of time, ammount of movement, resolution size, ect.

As for file size, images come out as .pngs so make those into .webp for your final product and then compress your videos as however works best for you.

Reactions: hypnoaddict