game engine?

May 23, 2018
what game engine should i use for my game
and i kinda need help XC
edit: its going to be a 2d game problem i need someone to make the characters Xc

Last edited:

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I just read this and renpy etc arent goung to cut it. You need something like unity or ue4. Youre taling about a real game not a vn.

lasglipas

Jul 30, 2018
Your description screams RPG Maker. It's especially good if you're completely new to game dev. A lot of people don't lika it since a lot of low effort games are made with it, but if you put in work and get some assets outside the standard ones you should be good.

May 23, 2018
Your description screams RPG Maker. It's especially good if you're completely new to game dev. A lot of people don't lika it since a lot of low effort games are made with it, but if you put in work and get some assets outside the standard ones you should be good.
i don't use rpg maker and never will

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Whilst I personally don't like it... you might also want to consider .
It's not free... in the same way so many of the assets and games you'll see on this site aren't free either. :devilish:

Depending on who you talk to... it either simplifies a load of stuff for people who aren't programmers tend to want to avoid... or it creates games that are buggy bunches of crap.
My impression is that it takes a lot of things that RenPy would code writing for and instead turns them into build blocks you just drops into your game using a visual UI.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are some non-steam support forums on , where I also found a link allegedly to that isn't mentioned on the developers main website... Dunno if it's an actual trial of the current steam version... but I found the link, so I'm passing it on. The link insists you give it your email address to get the download link. So sites like and are your friend.

Reactions: abyss50055