VN Ren'Py Game idea: about Heroes and villains

BigT141

Hero Slayer
Game Developer
May 5, 2024
Hey, thought I share with you all my game idea about you trying to become a hero and kinda have mind control power, x-ray, etc … anyway the thing is you can either become a good guy or bad via choices, what do you think about this game how to improve and what is missing

Edit:

The game takes place in a superhero world not just that but in DC yeah you’re right Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, flash, and many iconic characters can see through the game but is the story about them? No, but there will be a ref about them so who are you? you the main character are 23 old a little to tell at first other than you have a devil power??! yep, you have the power of a devil named D which you can only talk and see which will add a comedy touch to the game he lives inside of you and cuz you two made a deal “MC will have power and when he dies D can take the main character body” wow so what is the story anyway?

Superman killed the Joker “<- injustice ref”

Batman left the Justice League

Superman and a rich man called William had a plan for a better future (in his vision) recurring new heroes in the Justice League means a new generation of heroes and villains too will be there, catch your interest yet? Cuz the game is not about sex scenes but an action drama most good-looking render but don’t take it for me

Here:

Ps: I would suggest that you wait a day or two for the new update that comes with new content and most importantly fixes

Edit 2:
The game is sandbox where it’s not just linear game but there is a map, phone, quests , skill tree and mini games too.

Edit 3:
It’s published already but in early builds with good reviews that why i am willing to push the boundaries far to make this project better and better

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Пока ничего про игру не написано. Только идея. Я тоже писал свои идеи и более подробное описание к ним. Даже не знаю что подсказать. Просто не понятно как и где будет происходить сама игра.
1) Рентген и просматривать сквозь одежду думаю влиять особо не должно в игре насчёт того хороший это поступок или плохой. Думаю должно влиять только если это происходит в пользу главного героя. В сюжет можно вписать как просто оценивание разных персонажей и посмотреть что носит в сумочке что бы узнать какие интересы неё.
2) Гипноз это интересно. Тут уже можно будет решать хороший поступок или нет если его используешь. Мог бы написать ещё про сюжет, но непонятно как уже говорил о том что будет в игре происходить и в какой обстановке. Хотелось бы поподробней.
Так что больше подробностей про игру если она есть. Ну или хотя бы более расширенное описание самой идеи. Чуть ниже пару ссылок на то как я описываю идеи просто для примера.

Nothing has been written about the game yet. Just an idea. I also wrote my ideas and a more detailed description of them. I don’t even know what to suggest. It’s just not clear how and where the game itself will take place.
1) X-rays and looking through clothes, I think, should not have much influence in the game as to whether this is a good deed or a bad one. I think it should only influence if it happens in favor of the main character. It can be included in the plot as simply evaluating different characters and seeing what she carries in her purse to find out what her interests are.
2) Hypnosis is interesting. Here it will be possible to decide whether it is a good deed or not if you use it. I could write more about the plot, but it’s not clear as I already said about what will happen in the game and in what setting. I would like more details.
So more details about the game if it exists. Well, or at least a more expanded description of the idea itself. Just below are a couple of links to how I describe ideas, just as an example.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BigT141

Hero Slayer
Game Developer
May 5, 2024
Пока ничего про игру не написано. Только идея. Я тоже писал свои идеи и более подробное описание к ним. Даже не знаю что подсказать. Просто не понятно как и где будет происходить сама игра.
1) Рентген и просматривать сквозь одежду думаю влиять особо не должно в игре насчёт того хороший это поступок или плохой. Думаю должно влиять только если это происходит в пользу главного героя. В сюжет можно вписать как просто оценивание разных персонажей и посмотреть что носит в сумочке что бы узнать какие интересы неё.
2) Гипноз это интересно. Тут уже можно будет решать хороший поступок или нет если его используешь. Мог бы написать ещё про сюжет, но непонятно как уже говорил о том что будет в игре происходить и в какой обстановке. Хотелось бы поподробней.
Так что больше подробностей про игру если она есть. Ну или хотя бы более расширенное описание самой идеи. Чуть ниже пару ссылок на то как я описываю идеи просто для примера.

Nothing has been written about the game yet. Just an idea. I also wrote my ideas and a more detailed description of them. I don’t even know what to suggest. It’s just not clear how and where the game itself will take place.
1) X-rays and looking through clothes, I think, should not have much influence in the game as to whether this is a good deed or a bad one. I think it should only influence if it happens in favor of the main character. It can be included in the plot as simply evaluating different characters and seeing what she carries in her purse to find out what her interests are.
2) Hypnosis is interesting. Here it will be possible to decide whether it is a good deed or not if you use it. I could write more about the plot, but it’s not clear as I already said about what will happen in the game and in what setting. I would like more details.
So more details about the game if it exists. Well, or at least a more expanded description of the idea itself. Just below are a couple of links to how I describe ideas, just as an example.

You’re right i will edit so you can have more details, wait

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
If you want to make a game like this, you first need to ask yourself a few basic questions. Do you want an RPG, a sandbox, a visual novel or a kinetic novel? Everything has its pros and cons.

RPG if you want to have battles where you use skills.
Sandbox if you want to implement !!!!!interesting!!!!!! mini-games you want to implement.
Visual Novel if you want to tell a story where the player's decisions really count! But that means a lot of extra work, because you have at least two story strands. So a lot more pictures and story. At the same time, many players don't see half of your game.
The advantages of a kinetic novel are obvious. You tell a story with pictures. There is no freedom of choice, but the overall quality should increase.

You can only give more specific feedback once you have roughly established this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BigT141

BigT141

Hero Slayer
Game Developer
May 5, 2024
If you want to make a game like this, you first need to ask yourself a few basic questions. Do you want an RPG, a sandbox, a visual novel or a kinetic novel? Everything has its pros and cons.

RPG if you want to have battles where you use skills.
Sandbox if you want to implement !!!!!interesting!!!!!! mini-games you want to implement.
Visual Novel if you want to tell a story where the player's decisions really count! But that means a lot of extra work, because you have at least two story strands. So a lot more pictures and story. At the same time, many players don't see half of your game.
The advantages of a kinetic novel are obvious. You tell a story with pictures. There is no freedom of choice, but the overall quality should increase.

You can only give more specific feedback once you have roughly established this.
Man i forgot to mention this but yeah it’s kinda a sandbox, there is a map, phone system, and many hot ladies too, there is some mini games and all this yeah it’s hard work but i love a challenge rather it’s about animations, choices or even the story there is alot to explore in this game, but i want to know how to even spice things up more.

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
Honestly, it's not about ‘improving’ the whole thing. If you've got the basics down, then you're already better than 90% of the devs here. Especially with a sandbox. There are only a few who implement it really well. ‘Summertime Saga, Long live the Princess and Mist, for example. From my point of view, the following things are key.

1. an empty sandbox is simply boring. You need different mechanics that come together. A mixture of minigames, stats (like stamina, strength etc.) to increase, a functioning money system (in almost all games there is either too much or too little money and you only need it to buy predetermined items. That's super boring. Money should have different effects in a sandbox. Bribing people, buying advantages etc.).
2. a sandbox should also give me the feeling of freedom. If I'm just chasing a story and it's told in a linear fashion, the sandbox offers no advantage.
3) Especially in a sandbox, it is important to know how the game will continue. Hints are essential.
4. introduce important characters right from the start. Let the characters appear again and again in individual scenes. If a character is only tied to one location and doesn't interact with the others, it feels lifeless.

Only when you have the basic would I think about other things. Nevertheless, I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. if you want to stick to the good/evil theme, then the world should also react to it. And not just in one or two dialogue sequences. Other factions should approach you, heroes should attack you, etc. Your family distances themselves from you. Friends turn away. Or as a superhero you suddenly have fans who recognise you, you are invited to a restaurant, etc.
2 Especially when it comes to superheroes, there are unlockable abilities that change the game experience and, accordingly, the decisions you can make in the game and how people react to you.

And, please don't be rude, you should work on your writing style. At least when I look at the description of the game.

• Red Heart

BigT141

Hero Slayer
Game Developer
May 5, 2024
Honestly, it's not about ‘improving’ the whole thing. If you've got the basics down, then you're already better than 90% of the devs here. Especially with a sandbox. There are only a few who implement it really well. ‘Summertime Saga, Long live the Princess and Mist, for example. From my point of view, the following things are key.

1. an empty sandbox is simply boring. You need different mechanics that come together. A mixture of minigames, stats (like stamina, strength etc.) to increase, a functioning money system (in almost all games there is either too much or too little money and you only need it to buy predetermined items. That's super boring. Money should have different effects in a sandbox. Bribing people, buying advantages etc.).
2. a sandbox should also give me the feeling of freedom. If I'm just chasing a story and it's told in a linear fashion, the sandbox offers no advantage.
3) Especially in a sandbox, it is important to know how the game will continue. Hints are essential.
4. introduce important characters right from the start. Let the characters appear again and again in individual scenes. If a character is only tied to one location and doesn't interact with the others, it feels lifeless.

Only when you have the basic would I think about other things. Nevertheless, I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. if you want to stick to the good/evil theme, then the world should also react to it. And not just in one or two dialogue sequences. Other factions should approach you, heroes should attack you, etc. Your family distances themselves from you. Friends turn away. Or as a superhero you suddenly have fans who recognise you, you are invited to a restaurant, etc.
2 Especially when it comes to superheroes, there are unlockable abilities that change the game experience and, accordingly, the decisions you can make in the game and how people react to you.

And, please don't be rude, you should work on your writing style. At least when I look at the description of the game.
First thx alot Second I swear every time I forget something to say here yes there is a skill tree and it’s interesting to some level of …let’s say strength will unlock some special dialogue and more interesting secrets too etc and yeah ofc i want to make the world more life, not an empty sandbox yes it’s hard but like I said I love challenges, there is this quest that your teammate asks you to help her cuz there is someone blackmailing her so you search the internet (not freely) about him things like that that I would like to introduce a new mechanics, about the good and evil path I am still thinking about yeah there some choices but you can’t feel the difference after and no it’s not lazy but I want to make sure that the player won’t go back and change it, for example, the player makes this choice after progress in the story he will see consequences of his actions…

May 27, 2024
Here's an interesting spin, the xrays also "excite" the women but you can only use xrays so much before you get a headache and pass out

• Thinking Face

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
I think Pink's idea is a good one, but what I mean by that is that the use of skills should be limited. That has several advantages. Firstly, it fits well in a sandbox because it makes you want to let time pass. The feeling that a certain amount of time passes in a sandbox is essential. So if energy decreases and recharges, then you also have a good reason for items, recovery, etc.

It also explains why you don't use your abilities all the time, even if it would make sense. Especially when it comes to magic, superpowers, etc., stories often have the problem that the reader/player thinks, why isn't this used here, that would solve the problem. However, the writer wants to tell a different story. Here you can partially prevent this.

It would be even more exciting if the use of abilities felt really meaningful and you had to handle them carefully, like a rare resource. But you definitely have to find a balance here.

BigT141

Hero Slayer
Game Developer
May 5, 2024
I think Pink's idea is a good one, but what I mean by that is that the use of skills should be limited. That has several advantages. Firstly, it fits well in a sandbox because it makes you want to let time pass. The feeling that a certain amount of time passes in a sandbox is essential. So if energy decreases and recharges, then you also have a good reason for items, recovery, etc.

It also explains why you don't use your abilities all the time, even if it would make sense. Especially when it comes to magic, superpowers, etc., stories often have the problem that the reader/player thinks, why isn't this used here, that would solve the problem. However, the writer wants to tell a different story. Here you can partially prevent this.

It would be even more exciting if the use of abilities felt really meaningful and you had to handle them carefully, like a rare resource. But you definitely have to find a balance here.
I will keep this in mind

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor