Seeking Game Idea: Corrupt News Media Empire

avitus83

Aug 9, 2016
So I have absolutely no ability nor time to learn to build a game, but I always thought this idea would be kind of cool: a corruption 24 hour news-cycle game.

Basically it would revolve around you managing a small news station competing against major industry rivals. To set yourself apart, you release content that is incrementally a little edgier, a little bit more scandalous than the other stations.

As your audience grows become slightly more corrupt, you can get away with more things, like making your anchors dress and act sluttier on the air. This in turn brings in new viewers, allowing you to expand your network, reach more viewers, corrupt them, and in turn hire hotter, bigger name anchors and eventually bend them to your will as your network becomes ever more powerful. As you yourself become more powerful, you have employees, news personalities, guests, and politicians willing to trade favors in exchange for opportunities or preferential coverage. In the end game your goal would be to get involved in politics and help get a presidential candidate elected that shares your network's views and places you in firm control of the nation's media, with you sitting atop a sexy and corrupt media empire.

Obviously this has no bearing on any kind of real events, but I thought it would make a neat corruption/trainer type game. Would be interested to know what you think.

damias

Sep 13, 2020
there was a game that you were a news anchor were your coworker pulled one on you to get you fired and you have to corrupt and fuck her at every inch mostly figuratively early on ,and her daughter also ,anyone remembers the name...? i wanna replay it x)

Reactions: inkyhorn