Game idea i wanna write down

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
I'm writing this on my phone, so no, i'm not making the game. I'm not a game maker and this is what came out of a random thought. If anyone is inspired by this or knows a game like it, yay.
It's netori.

The setting is one of magic, but it can be whatever.
The PC is a wimpy kid in an adventurers' town who lacks the brawns to become a warrior and the talent to become a mage, so he's not liked by the general populace and spends his time reading. An alternate PC might be a crippled adventurer with a bad history that gets a job at the only place that will hire him, a janitor at the local library.
The library is a subsidiary of the mages guild and used to belong to a "get off my lawn" type of old wizard.

The plot starts when the PC finds an old book/object while cleaning in the library. A spell or a curse is triggered affecting the PC, which makes members of the opposite gender slowly become more and more attracted to them.
Two problems stem from this:
- most of the population are already in some sort of a relationship
- the spell continuously or periodically grows in power and intensity.

The player must then juggle romantic and sexual pursuers that become more daring and crazier as time passes and more rivals show up, their suspicious and eventually enraged partners and the increasing magical power drain that will sooner than later end their life.

It could be a puzzle/mystery vn, with a lot more mental activities as time is spent on exploring the secrets of the library. Or it could be a dungeon crawler, solo or eventually using the willing pursuers with the risk of being assaulted, gathering ingredients and materials for a cure. Or both.

The endings would differ depending on actions taken or time spent. And there would be many.

If there is a game similar to this, i'd love to try it. And if there isn't, feel free to make one.

G'nite

Reactions: Durisaz