Game Idea : Isekai Harem

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone.

I'm a developer and along with a friend are interested to make an Isekai RPG life sim game and need feedback and your input!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please let us know what you think! Is it too cliche? Any particular feature that you think we should emphasize? (Offc in addition to the sex scene)

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Ackerman1313

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
first off.
You are good guy and you are nice to everyone but girls just never seem to fall for you.
You'll meet girls and they fall in love with you because you are a nice person and start joining your harem
are both the most Cliched tropes in both Isekai, and Harem animes. and by far the most boring when put together... Jesus-kun is boring as and this also suggests it's going to be linear. which is fine I guess.. but I'm not a fan of linear or being a slave to someone elses Idea of a character.

my advice? the guy starts off as a nice guy loser that no girl likes(same as you had it. this is a fine beginning!). he then gets sent to a fantasy world(you choose how). and in this new world you get the opportunity to be nice.. or not so nice. Each of these affecting various stats such as Personality and Reputation.

the Nice route is really grueling to begin with, and you have to slowly build up your reputation, and hero status before women(and Opportunities, or factions) start taking an interest in your Heroic Escapades, as you increase your renown, status and power.
Over the course of the game, your Heroic Charm, Unforgettable reputation, And Dashing personality. which you build by going on adventures, and the latter especially by talking to random people throughout regular play(looking for information on quests, taking jobs etc.) or partying up with others for passive growth, which will build a sort of Social Skill or Charisma stat.
You'll find lower social/economical status Women or those from smaller populations are taken by your charms. then as you build these various stats(or focus on 1. which will allow you some types of girls, but not others) you'll gain more worldly women of higher status, eventually leading to where alot of Harem Isekai's eventually go. Enchanting the Royals and Sometimes even Commandeering Entire Provinces(or making their own). there might also be special conditions or quests for specific women aswell that will greatly increase affection etc. to keep your own idea.

the Nasty route could go 2 ways. 1 is Domination and destruction. playing a potentially Cartoonishly evil Individual bent on controlling everything to satisfy their own Depravity and greed or their sadistic lust for mayhem.
the 2nd way is to have your character build a rogueish or "bad" personality by hanging out with less-than-reputables, Working with others on not-so-morale tasks. or you could take on more selfish pursuits, Look for forbidden knowledge or dark Magic. or try to fast-track your way into Power with underhanded methods, Manipulation and walking over your peers, like stepping stones on your road to glory.
this would also opens up the Potential for Domination and Corruption or Mind control fetishes. these will make your character far more Domineering and aggressive, drawing in certain Opportunities and women. this will also quickly build your reputation as a badass that's not to be messed with.
these 2 routes could grant you with quick payoffs but huge risk or even huge consequences as your reputation grows for example. (an example is no decent person willing to deal with you.)

1 other thing i'll mention is maybe play around with the idea of factions. think something like new vegas, or Daggerfall(Their knightly orders and Kingdoms). with the idea of the factions themselves. I'm not expecting something that complex where the entire games focus is around them.

just add like half a dozen, or more if you're willing, which you can potentially work with or join. each with their own unique flavours for different tastes or interests(you could even just do race based factions really, although that's less interesting. I'd suggest various kingdoms/rogue States, Religious/Knightly orders, or warring political Bodies. each with their own faction relations). And each of those also has their own reputation stats which are tracked(1 positive and 1 negative one should be fine), with various opportunities, rewards or consequences.
this could really spice up the game, and make writing the quests, characters and story alot easier.
you could still go down the Whole Maou-sama route that most modern Fantasy anime go Aswell if you wish, and maybe the factions have to all band together at the end to defeat the big bad.
if you do go with the whole Demon lord approach. I would recommend making A previous "World-hopper" into the villain that's been there for 50 years or more(go Longer for higher stakes and more epic scale.), and write in some Ancient legends about their origins, Purpose and deeds that have been completely misconstrued from reality that will be slowly unveiled or maybe even found out once you meet them, their associates or pieced together from a bunch of sources leading you to understanding and defeating them. maybe they started out as A loser-turned-hero like you if you go the nice route. and eventually through arrogance or Contorted Values, end up Antagonising the entire world for Maximum Mustache-twirling, or specific factions/Races.

anyway. I think my Novels long enough for this Couple month old thread. goodluck with your game if you go for it.

Reactions: Toronja