Game ideas? for a newbie dev

ace649

May 20, 2023
Hello

A little bit about myself, I'm a quite regular on this site and love playing games with some adventure and exploration. I also know my way around 3d(Daz and blender) and have been thinking of making a game. I love seeing how one's imagination and creativity can entertain so many people and can grow into a community. I have 0 friends and want to make a game to share with people and have some fun.

As staring out, I'm looking for some suggestions for a simple short game that I hope I can complete. I want to make it in rpgm as I don't like coding at all.

I'd love to hear some of your ideas and what game mechanics or puzzles you like to see in games.

Genres I like -> Male protag, milf, incest, pregnancy, harem, romance, horror
I don't like ->ntr, female protag, sharing, m/m, rape

Jun 10, 2023
I'd say keep it simple for your first project. Keep it shirt and sweet, mostly vanilla with one fetish to pander to. Incest is an easy one to write, maybe think up a twist for a scenario and you're good to go.

ace649

May 20, 2023
Thanks for replying. The problem I have with myself, is I can't think small, my mind always keeps wandering and keep adding more and more characters which gets the plot all complex and complicated, lol.

And I also have no idea how to tie in the story with the gameplay. What objectives or daily events should I keep so it stays fun and doesn't become a chore.

I don't know if being a game dev is even for me, but I still want to do it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SergeantDauterive

Brosewood

Mayor of Sutton
Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Keep it short and linear would be my advice, and trust me that is from experience of trying to make a sandbox game straight out of the gate.

If you really want to make a big game, maybe start by making a few short VNs/games that feature a major character, like a short bit of backstory. This would allow you to flesh out characters and learn as you go.

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
My impression is that being a game developer is quite depressing. For once the seemingly arduous task on the computer which seems to take much more time than people initially think, but more importantly you get a lot of hate, criticism, thankless behaviour. You also get praise if your product is a good notch above average, but that doesnt balance the received negativity - for me at least. Also I think most devs get pushed towards a neutral watcher position in their threads, instead of interactivity like friends. So many burned out devs over the years, so many who left F95 while still keeping developing.
I think your time might be more fruitful invested in another endeavour. Just being honest since I hope for your best.

If you still want to do it I'd love a Genghis Khan power fantasy, but that might involve 24/7 rape. :KEK:

Wish you the best =)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
A lot of red flags are popping up..
I don't like coding at all.
I can't think small, my mind always keeps wandering and keep adding more and more
have no idea how to tie in the story with the gameplay
I don't know if being a game dev is even for me
Even with all that - if you are going to move forward then make a game you would have fun playing if someone else designed it. It could even be a "24 hours in the day of the life of a person with no friends who is looking for ideas to create his first game" and have the MC accidentally see the neighbor woman masturbating through his window. After seeing that, he daydreams that he goes to her house and finds a way to romance her into bed - and that is the game you make, his daydream. You are limited to 2 characters and 2-4 locations within the MC's home and the neighbor's home. Don't add anyone else or more locations. Limit yourself - it doesn't have to be complicated.

It could be short 30 minute to 1 hour game which gives you the ability to test your skills, creativity and see if you can figure out ways to integrate story with gameplay. It's a daydream, so the MC should win pretty easily, but still give a little challenge for players to get to the goal. At the same time, you would see if it bores you and if you can get around your dislike of coding. Finally, it's a completed game that you can use to promote future ideas.

Also, this isn't a bad page to read through:

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
maybe before starting the actual game project you should write a short story or 10 with those kinks you like. and more importantly FINISH them. doesn't have to be good or anything, the point is just to give you a better understanding of what building blocks you need and how to limit scope. you'll also come up with a hundred new ideas while writing them, so write those up somewhere too.

this is not much. shitting out 10 bad stories like that is maybe as much work as one scene in your game. doing that you'll also get an idea how hard it's gonna be, what kind of workload you must endure for several years if you decide to actually make the game.

then start the game. you'll already have your plots and characters ready, as well as a good idea what you need to code.

Absolute_Icon

Sep 14, 2021
I'd love to hear some of your ideas and what game mechanics or puzzles you like to see in games.
I can tell you what people on F95 in general want to see in games and it's not puzzles. The guys that say they browse this website looking for "good adventure/puzzle games" are lying. That being said, maybe you have everything related to sexual content already figured out and want to focus on how to present this to the player? Or are you looking for a storyline?

As someone else already stated, there are quite some red flags in your opening post. It sounds a bit like "ok guys I'm bored, I'm kinda lazy and I wanna make a game. Any ideas?". Still, you mentioned you're good at 3D art design so maybe you can combine powers with someone who's good at coding or writing stories. Maybe you already have a couple of good looking models lying around that you want to create a story or game around?