Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I vote for Python personally :)
and Qt for the UI all the way.

But it all doesn't matter if the sourcecode isn't released on GitHub or something for people to help at all :)
I could release the code source but it will be ugly as I'm beginning with C# (or Python) and I don't like at all the MVVM patern and such things that everybody wants to be used everywhere.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
tid I have a list of games that I don't like. Is it possible to add something to show that in the game list along with a comment field where I can put the reason I don't like it? Without deleting it from the database?

Edit: In other words have a couple custom fields added?

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
tid I have a list of games that I don't like. Is it possible to add something to show that in the game list along with a comment field where I can put the reason I don't like it? Without deleting it from the database?

Edit: In other words have a couple custom fields added?

Have an issue up already about blacklisting/hide filter for titles you don't care about.

Don't think a reason is really needed. Thats one more complexity to the issue.
Then again, a note system where the user can have quick comments and notes on the titles they like.
But i don't get what that solves other than another info point that might bloat the gui.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Have an issue up already about blacklisting/hide filter for titles you don't care about.

Don't think a reason is really needed. Thats one more complexity to the issue.
Then again, a note system where the user can have quick comments and notes on the titles they like.
But i don't get what that solves other than another info point that might bloat the gui.
Yes, that is a current issue. I would just like a comment field added to the game part, not main interface so it doesn't bother the main GUI. I would just like to mention why I don't like it, you know lousy graphics, too much engrish. Or to mention why I like it so much. Maybe a single line field 50 chars max.

Edit: As for issue 11 to hide blacklisted, registered users can already create a custom tag.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
So a few more questions:

1. Does the list auto-update with latest or does is manual update?

2. with already existing files does it auto-delete them or request to delete when updating with newer version. (and do the files have to be un-archived, or doesn't matter)

3. with the above for something like rpgmaker how does it interact with saves? or does one have to backup saves separately. (might be an idea for extra functionality at a later date).

Also I 2nd the python idea :p (purely because I am learning it tho XD will switch to C# when I learn that :S )

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Yes, that is a current issue. I would just like a comment field added to the game part, not main interface so it doesn't bother the main GUI. I would just like to mention why I don't like it, you know lousy graphics, too much engrish. Or to mention why I like it so much. Maybe a single line field 50 chars max.

Edit: As for issue 11 to hide blacklisted, registered users can already create a custom tag.
As I see it, it could be a part of the rating system I could add a text section to the rating so that you can say why you like/don't like a game.
So a few more questions:

1. Does the list auto-update with latest or does is manual update?

2. with already existing files does it auto-delete them or request to delete when updating with newer version. (and do the files have to be un-archived, or doesn't matter)

3. with the above for something like rpgmaker how does it interact with saves? or does one have to backup saves separately. (might be an idea for extra functionality at a later date).

Also I 2nd the python idea :p (purely because I am learning it tho XD will switch to C# when I learn that :S )
  1. the list auto-updates but not the games.
  2. It's up to you:
    1. if you don't put the version number in the folder pattern it will overwrite files so no need for deletion.
    2. you can configure if after installation GL will delete the old version, keep it or ask you what to do.
  3. there is an option to copy saves to the new version folder, it works for rpgm, wolf rpg, renpy. I plan to add games with custom engines as I find them (for example it will be easy to do for glassix)

Reactions: bobdillan

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
As I see it, it could be a part of the rating system I could add a text section to the rating so that you can say why you like/don't like a game.
It is more of a private note. If you make it part of the rating system, I would have to complete the rest of the rating.

Ahh...whatever. You got enough on your plate.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
There is one small bug that has come up a few times. Every now and then the tags button is blocked by the tags as you can see here. It is sometimes so blocked there is literally only a single pixel available to select.

1590979558205.png

Edit: I'm enterprising enough to find that pixel. I'm just passing on something I found.

ZixSum

Nov 9, 2018
I have a few games that have been deleted on F95 for one reason or another, but I put the effort into putting all the correct tags and images, I just put example dot com as the URL because there isn't a real url anymore, after that they were deleted and one of them became a link to Lovely Guests version 0.9.

That was a giant waste of my time.

How do I avoid this bug?

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
tid Just download the game list update 2.17.3.7. Always getting an error, usually when expanding a game line in the table. Going to reboot to see if that helps. OS Win10 home, fully updated.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS - Pardon the French. :LOL: It was the program.
PPS - The Restart checkbox does nothing.

Edit: Rebooting still brought the error.

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
tid Just download the game list update 2.17.3.7. Always getting an error, usually when expanding a game line in the table. Going to reboot to see if that helps. OS Win10 home, fully updated.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS - Pardon the French. :LOL: It was the program.
PPS - The Restart checkbox does nothing.

Edit: Rebooting still brought the error.
Can you post the content that is copied when you click on "copy to the clipboard" please?

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Can you post the content that is copied when you click on "copy to the clipboard" please?
Error at line 48 of Procédure globale ChargeThumb process.
The imgVide element has not been created.

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Procédure globale ChargeThumb' (COL_ProcéduresGlobales.ChargeThumb), line 48

What happened?
The imgVide element has not been created.

Error code: 3301
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240vm64.dll' module (24.0.600.2).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 3301
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure globale ChargeThumb (COL_ProcéduresGlobales.ChargeThumb), line 48
Procédure locale Raffraichi (FI_DetailTable.PROCEDURE.Raffraichi), line 29
Fin d'initialisation de FI_DetailTable (FI_DetailTable.FI_DetailTable), line 1
EIT_DATEHEURE : 01/06/2020 07:25:28
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <7>
EIT_IDCODE : <458752>

Help

tid

Aug 16, 2017
So with 64%, the winner is: Keep on optimizing and fixing bugs.

I hope to release an update tomorrow.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'm transferring the domain today, I hope everything will be fine.

ChaosDMNS

Sep 18, 2018
Got it working again now.. Cuddlebear sent me an updated client.. So now it work fine.. =)

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes