Tool - Others - Game Manager 2.17.12.7

1. 4.00 star(s)

abada25

The program has a good concept and I especially love the image idea, it is possible to create your own small image library from games. It does it job very well when it works.

Problem is, it is not always doing its job. Bit too buggy, little more than annoying levels.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

GrammerCop

I have tried the game manager a few times, wasted my time loading up all my games. Game manager is buggy and subject to crashing due to poor error handling.

On the plus side it does have a great concept. This has earned an extra star. 2/5.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

dropscone82

I've been using Game List for a while now and I have to say I couldn't play all those games/VN without this tool. I have over 250 games/VN that I follow through this tool.
    Before I found this tool I would bookmark the page on F95zone of every game I liked and check them all to see if there were updates. This was tedious work even when I was following 20 games.
    Features that make it much easier with Game List:
    -you can mark games with a star (favorit), I use that to mark which I've played and liked
    -you can click on the game's name to go to the respective F95zone-page to download the game
    -when installing an updated version in GameList, saves will be copied AUTOMATICALLY to the new version
    -you can click on the author's name to go to his/her Patreon page (not sure if other sites like subscribestar work)
    -each time you start the tool a popup will show which games are new or updated. The games you already own have a check-mark. In this popup you can select games and open their F95zone-page directly. I find interesting games every day using this method
    -you can archive old versions of a game, it will be compressed, this way you can keep your save-games but reduce the disk-space (for instance if a game has several chapters in different files.

There are some bugs in the tool but nothing dealbreaking and the dev works actively to repair them.
    I think this is a great tool, you should really try it out and consider supporting the creator.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kuraiken

With the latest implementation of the custom tag system, I can now absolutely recomend this game manager with 5/5 stars.

There's still a lot of unused potential, a slight lack in ease-of-use functionality and just a lot of fancy features that may someday be part of this game browser, but it is now the go-to method to manage, organize and launch your games.

If you've got a few dozen games you will want to use this.
    It allows you to search through all of the F95 games via tags, including multiple tags, and after downloading the game from the F95 page, you can install it very quickly.
    Just unpack the downloaded archive and set up your game as if you wanted to play it in the folder you designated in the "Source Directory" (add patches, mods, hacks, etc.) so that it's "Your Source Directory"\"Folder Name of Game" and then right-click the game in the Game List browser you wish to add and click on the first button of the five buttons at the bottom. Pick "Directory / Archive" navigate to the game you just unpacked, select the executeable and done. This will move the game folder over to the "Base Directory Folder" and format it according to the sub directory.
    e.g. selecting
    J:\_h\Game List\install files\Seeds of Chaos\Seeds of Chaos.exe
    with the Sub Directory structure:
    {game} ({engine}) [{author}]\{version}
    will take everything in the "Seeds of Chaos" folder and copy it to the Base Directory will result in:
    J:\_h\Game List\installed games\ Seeds of Chaos (Ren'Py) [Vénus Noir]\v0.2.46\"The Contents of the Seeds of Chaos Folder"
    and link the executeable to the game's entry in the browser, allowing you to launch it directly via the lightning bolt icon.

More info on how to use the game database manager:
    https://wiki.game-list.org/tiki-index.php?page=Help-using-the-application

Once you dip your toes in the incredible comfort of using a tag-management system, preview pictures, etc., you'll never want to use another program.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

areolae 3D

Using it for just some hours and as far as i can see, imho there are still things that could be improved:
    -Game Updating could be more "clear"/ intuitive or better explained, both on the web Documentation an on app.
    -App Window itself, right hand panel, and floating info could all be and work nicer/smoother.
    -Even thought button icons should be intuitive enought, some floating info/help when hovering over them would come in handy.

And Im still not sure if i can do some stuff like:
    -"Tag" my Owned games as "Playing" "Pending" or "Completed"... for example.
    - Mark a game as "Owned" but also "Completed" (so, its not necesarily installed on disk right now, but it can be kept in another tab than "Favourited"... wich im using for "Pending" games i found with its ultrauseful search with previews and info, and would like to try in the future...
    (Maybe Owned tab could be splited in (or changed by) "
    1) "Downloaded" and 2)"Installed", to favor all this?).
    Anyway... i really love it!!!! Super Useful!!
    Great Work and a lot of thanks!!!