Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Was the archive extractor broken? Seems to not work with multiple files here when all files are just fine and extract without issues on their own. 352982

tid

Aug 16, 2017
EDIT: Ignore all this... needed to sign up again in the client. Silly me. wew

Well... it says i have the wrong username and password. But it works fine on the site. Did save my generated password on LastPass so what i have saved is used on the site.
Copied it to my clipboard and pasted in the client but doesn't work at all.

So Yeah, Not the wrong password or user but it says its wrong or the username is unknown.
Is it cause i already had an user on the forums since the start of it? i want one of the first that signed up after all. hmm
Now I can see you in the user list, but your mistake allowed me to find a bug so it was a good one ;)

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Was the archive extractor broken? Seems to not work with multiple files here when all files are just fine and extract without issues on their own. View attachment 352982
I know that newest rar files can't be unpacked directly, I think that here the problem is the file size (over 2Go) I'm thinking about making a 64bits compilation.
I'm working on a system to make statics about users configurations (of course I'll ask before grabbing them) I will gather OS and screen informations It will allow me to adapt my app to the most common configuration.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
well... it was a zip file.

Its the latest Haley's Story release: https://f95zone.to/threads/18063/

But my workflow doesn't do this much at all. Normally i extract on download with JDownloader which is fine.Was having some issues with an iSCSI drive i had which saved files as empty files. Copied all of it back to a local drive now so need to verify the things i have.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
hello people! Updates will be less frequent as still don't have a computer at home. And I will be on holidays soon, so I will try to finish the thumb upload so that new games still have their thumbs even if I'm not here.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Forgot to backup my gamelist... was like the only thing i forgot too :(
Now i am stuck installing like 1200 games manually again. wew rip.
Went back to windows after a weird period. Keep your database save guys!

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Forgot to backup my gamelist... was like the only thing i forgot too :(
Now i am stuck installing like 1200 games manually again. wew rip.
Went back to windows after a weird period. Keep your database save guys!
:oops:
That's a nightmare...
speaking of...
How about a integrated backup functionality that allows one to backlup database & profile information (custom tags, selected options, profile functions in the future, folder structure etc.?)
That way, if something goes bad, all you need to do is restore the backup and throw the games back into the subfolder. As long as the program doesn't use a fixed directiory but allows you to use a custom directory based off on the folder, transferring and saving stuff becomes a lot simpler. (e.g. instead of E:\Game List\subfolder ThisFolder\subfolder)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Well Game-List got an option on first boot to set config files as local for a portable program. Allowing you to just take that and place it and copy it as you wish with the important bits.

Me myself have now put it on an upload only sync with my NAS so i will always have it backed up and allows me to roll back if i break it somehow.

All of this really NEED relative paths for the game list. I should be able to move the whole collection and just tell it, this path/drive is the new game path and let it correct itself from there.
Also need a bulk install feature back for sure.... esp when its froma previous collection.

Relative paths would be the easiest jump for consistancy though for sure.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Well Game-List got an option on first boot to set config files as local for a portable program. Allowing you to just take that and place it and copy it as you wish with the important bits.

Me myself have now put it on an upload only sync with my NAS so i will always have it backed up and allows me to roll back if i break it somehow.

All of this really NEED relative paths for the game list. I should be able to move the whole collection and just tell it, this path/drive is the new game path and let it correct itself from there.
Also need a bulk install feature back for sure.... esp when its froma previous collection.

Relative paths would be the easiest jump for consistancy though for sure.
Bulk install would be nice, but I have no idea how you'd implement it. The program doesn't know what the game's folder will be, so something like "TLS 54-02" isn't recognizable. The only way that would work is if every game's archive or name contains an identifier.

Or alternatively: if the program downloads every game via website every time there's an upload and adds that file's name to a list of recognizable ids.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
No, but you could atleast search the thread name as a whole with the title, version and creator name all there.
Also regex the common ways those are written. Or just match a perfect match to a thread.

Personally i always copy the thread name as i grab the url for JDownloader and renames the archive to be downloaded to that.

Jdownloader also got a semi-hidden option to name the extracted folder after the achive name. So when the download is finished it gets unzipped into the import folder in the correct name and everything.
But sadly Game-List doesnt make use of any of this work.

EDIT: Downloading Full Database from the site was slower than doing a full sync with the server on the client.

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
No, but you could atleast search the thread name as a whole with the title, version and creator name all there.
Also regex the common ways those are written. Or just match a perfect match to a thread.

Personally i always copy the thread name as i grab the url for JDownloader and renames the archive to be downloaded to that.

Jdownloader also got a semi-hidden option to name the extracted folder after the achive name. So when the download is finished it gets unzipped into the import folder in the correct name and everything.
But sadly Game-List doesnt make use of any of this work.

EDIT: Downloading Full Database from the site was slower than doing a full sync with the server on the client.
Well, if the name is fully written (not everyone uses JDownloader, I use megaupload for most DLs) I can see it mostly working (though you're gonna have hell with near identical titles or names, you'd have to use exact matches, not partial matches or exact partial matches. A = A, A=/=AB, A =/=BA), but if the file then includes a version number, you can't have an exact match.

Say you download "Strip Poker" and want to bulk install "Strip Poker Final.rar", is that "Strip Poker" or "Strip Punish Poker"? Now add something like "Strip Poker Ultimate" and you'll be really challenged to get a program that selects the right title match.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, which is the limit of doing it that way. Just use JDownloader. Its Better than in browser in every single way. Also removes 100% of the guessing by doing it this way and takes a split sec to do.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I've been thinking of relative path, I should find a way to do it. It will allow to have gamelist and your games on an external disk.

In my secret todo list, I have the ability to save online your database (games you own, your favorites... but not your screens as this would take to much space) and also your saves when it's possible (Ren'py and RPGM). But this would be a patron only feature has it requires me to move to a more powerful host, and I really want to keep things free so I won't do it until most of the others features are finished.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Just take base path and append relative path pre game ontop of that?
Just split the two.
But users might want an overwrite too for direct paths incase people want to have their collection across drives.

Having a list of your games would be a nice safe backup option too. Allows you to just list them out and re-download without effort.
Removes much of the worry of the whole thing.

Such things could just be synced to a file externally so people can let it sync to say a cloud sync folder. no need to have it hosted on your side. Also sure that many in the chan crowd would not like that level of tracking either.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Hello, i have trueble finding a game on your list, the game is

https://f95zone.to/threads/witch-trainer-silver-mod-v1-36-2-silver-studio-games.1697/

it is listet as a mod, but it is a standalone / remake of the Witch trainer game.
You won't find it, since mods are excluded. Otherwise he'd have to scan the entire modding section and find some ways to isolate mods from modded games.
You can still add it though:
On the left hand side, the lowest option is "Add" and allows you add a game, including website, patreon, tags, etc.
That way, you can manually pick those rare exceptions and add them to your library anyway.

Reactions: asdfg_dk

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I've looked on 2 out of 3 links it's Asario and on his patreon it's also Asario :

So I'm not sure it's a good idea to switch to 'Asario Tooro'

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Well do the outstanding one the other way then :D
Its a series of games... well a game with 2 spin-offs. Such things really drives home the tagging ocd but its getting pulled by your server :D

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Well do the outstanding one the other way then :D
Its a series of games... well a game with 2 spin-offs. Such things really drives home the tagging ocd but its getting pulled by your server :D
Well, from what I can see, the issue is with the original poster of the game. It's not tid's fault that someone decided to write a different author's name.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes