Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

thebrakshow

Nov 22, 2017
These should help with launching issues for now. Collection Launcher will open an explorer window. Locale Launcher will start a game with Locale Emulator. Obviously, you need Locale Emulator for it to work. Instructions are in the attachments, but a quick description is I show to set up a batch file to launch games and explorer windows. Unfortunately, you need to do this with EVERY collection or game that needs a different locale. But when set up, all games are so easy to access!

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
this might help you list the games in just a single list you can use this for anything you want to output a list I use it all the time for my hyperspin lists for all my roms save the below as a .bat file and drop it in the folder you want the contents listed ..

dir /a /b /-p /o:gen >C:\WINDOWS\Temp\file_list.txt
start notepad C:\WINDOWS\Temp\file_list.txt

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
this game seems to have been updated without a name or creator name when it was updated on the database.

also the version was changed to final for some reason.

ChaosDeath

Apr 29, 2017
hi, i got this as a fault a now it won't open for long.

Erreur à la ligne 31 du traitement Procédure locale charger.
L'opérateur d'indirection { } est interdit avec une chaîne vide comme paramètre.

----- Informations techniques -----

Projet : Game List

Appel WL :
Traitement de 'Procédure locale charger' (FEN_Details.PROCEDURE.charger), ligne 31, thread 0

Que s'est-il passé ?
L'opérateur d'indirection { } est interdit avec une chaîne vide comme paramètre.

Code erreur : 1074
Niveau : erreur fatale

Dump de l'erreur du module 'wd230vm.dll' (23.0.370.1).
Identifiant des informations détaillées (.err) : 1074
Informations supplémentaires :
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure locale charger (FEN_Details.PROCEDURE.charger), ligne 31
Fin d'initialisation de FEN_Details (FEN_Details), ligne 1
Bouton droit relâché (WM_RBUTTONUP) de ZR_REQ_Resultat (FEN_F95_Games.ZR_REQ_Resultat), ligne 7
EIT_DATEHEURE : 28/01/2019 17:49:49
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <458752>

Assistance

thanks for your time

FemdomVR

Jul 1, 2017
Wow - I was just about to post something asking if anyone had any recommendations for software that could emulate DLsite Game Manager, had a quick look in here and voila! Downloading now :)

-edit- I've had a read through everyone's comments on here - just wondering what peoples thoughts are on best practises? Ideally I'd like to only have the single latest instance of the game rather than {version} subfolders - but I don't want to lose my saves?

-bug?- The tooltip for subfolder shows {title} while the description below uses {game}? (image below)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FemdomVR

Jul 1, 2017
A couple of quick questions though:
1) I've figured out how to install from a zip in the Source Directory from the F95 listing, how do I add the games I already have into the same structure?
2) RMB on the main menu items on the left is in French - are the options important and if so what are they for?

thebrakshow

Nov 22, 2017
A couple of quick questions though:
1) I've figured out how to install from a zip in the Source Directory from the F95 listing, how do I add the games I already have into the same structure?
2) RMB on the main menu items on the left is in French - are the options important and if so what are they for?
1)Manual install/config is still the most reliable way of adding/updating games. There may be misspellings (ie "A Game Studio" won't match "AGameStudio"), it wont parse "&" characters correctly so titles get cut off, and versions are often inconsistent (ie v0.1 versus just 0.1) so automatically adding a mask isn't always helpful.

2)I don't know french and have no idea what the options do. Sorry.

Reactions: FemdomVR

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The install option is the way to go for sure.
It moves the folders for you so it's easy to have an import folder that empties out when everything is installed.

As for the right click options, I think its mostly debug options among advance settings.
No idea what the do though, this really should be done in all English.
But I guess the dev envo is all in French.
It seems its mostly interface options.
You can import an interface preset seemingly, turn off animations and reset the interface.
But I don't really know any French so IDK.

The issues with the game names, creator names and versions are all down to its parsing of the info for the server he hosts the info on.
Think a local parsing option of metadata would prob be great.

If he gets back to updating the project I hope he will fix the broken parts before adding anything new and big.
Favorites have been broken for quite some time now.
My biggest gripe outside of that atm is a marked as played version option and open in explorer option.
Cause manually navigating through a mess of install folders is a pain, esp when you just want to delete the old version, patch it or copy the save files over.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
I've just DL and test it. Very nice tool. One question: How to add a tag lile "Finished", "Abandoned", Completed" etc. to a game in owned list

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
How to add a tag lile "Finished", "Abandoned", Completed" etc. to a game in owned list
The only way to do this now atm is to edit the game metadata by pressing the pencil icon and add ;Finished , ;Abandoned or ;Completed to the tags.
Though... sadly, the way the update system works with the metadata host site, I think it will be overwritten when the next time the game is updated on the site.

Reactions: lazyharry

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Hi,
next question: I've now a list with my games. Now is there an update of a game, but how do I use the updater ?
Description: Updated the update system :p before it was downloading a zip file then you had to unzip it manually. Now there is an updater that will download the latest version and unzip it automatically.
have tried it several time, but nothing worked.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Hi,
next question: I've now a list with my games. Now is there an update of a game, but how do I use the updater ?
Description: Updated the update system :p before it was downloading a zip file then you had to unzip it manually. Now there is an updater that will download the latest version and unzip it automatically.
have tried it several times, but nothing worked.
It's NOT an updater, its an installer.
It will not replace the game at all unless your naming scheme is so general to not cover the version of the game.
Unfamiliar with the stability of the unzipping of the games with the installer tbh.
Personally, have always let it automatically unzip after the zip name with JDownloader2.

As far as the installer goes, it should work just fine. technically it should move the install files to the set location in your settings.
Which is your main base games library folder + the naming scheme.

Since its an installer and not an updater it will also leave the old versions of the games in their folders as is.
The newly installed version will be moved to the version number in question and the mapping of that path is saved in the db for the client to launch.

This system atm really likes to use full games to install instead of using smaller update files, please have your game in order fully before clicking install.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
It's NOT an updater, its an installer.
It will not replace the game at all unless your naming scheme is so general to not cover the version of the game.
Unfamiliar with the stability of the unzipping of the games with the installer tbh.
Personally, have always let it automatically unzip after the zip name with JDownloader2.

As far as the installer goes, it should work just fine. technically it should move the install files to the set location in your settings.
Which is your main base games library folder + the naming scheme.

Since its an installer and not an updater it will also leave the old versions of the games in their folders as is.
The newly installed version will be moved to the version number in question and the mapping of that path is saved in the db for the client to launch.

This system atm really likes to use full games to install instead of using smaller update files, please have your game in order fully before clicking install.
Thanks a lot for your detailed description, but I still don't know how to install a new game with this tool to a desired folder, or a newer versions of an existing game (without deleting the old one). So I still DL it mainly with Mega or with JDownloader, have to unpack it to desired folder.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Ok, so you need to check your settings in GameList, it should look something like this. But its really up to you on the scheme.
Sorting it with Creators/Game/version will always group up the games from the creator in the end.

game_list_6ryogIybnt.png

As for extraction on JDownloader, you can set the extractor to name the extracted folder as the archive name.
I personally copy the name of the thread at that point and names the archive before I start the download.
Set it to auto extract and I'm good to go really.

Just set the Subfolder pattern too:%ARCHIVENAME%
JDownloader2_qeFBQRRBUw.png

Too bad it seems that JDownloader doesn't have a regex match for a whitelist of auto-extraction, that could really speed things up by a bunch.
But i guess if you like the thought of it extract everything... there is a global setting you can turn on for sure.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hi there,

I've got a promotion a few month ago, so I didn't have much free time. But it's better now so I'm back to "work".
I've just released a new version 2.10.1.3 here is what's new :

• Changed F95Zone domain to use the new one.
  • Added an option to mark a game as Finished, later I will add a filter to show finished games that have been updated.
  • New version of windev (24).
Also I have added a wiki and a forum to the site.

You can keep on giving me feedback here, I'll check it on a more regular basis from now on.

Edit : if the update system fails you can download the last version from and extract it to the folder where you have "installed" it, it won't replace any of your settings or game database.

Reactions: ididntdoit20

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yes! this will be great. Been waiting for this feature for a while now.
Oh, and it notes the version you finished on locally too even if you are out of date! Great!

Only really 4outstanding issues left with the client I believe.

Fixing the favorite option as I can't add or remove games from my favorites.

Having the update window that pops up every launch with new updates and new releases to open the thread link to F95 when clicked. This will make it easier to get the new updates and games without the need to go to the site and check daily or whatever. Letting the client tell you what's new instead, a much more painless experience in the end.
game_list_JK149JfyGP.png

Re-instating and working out the bulk/automatic installation of bulk folders. Esp when game folders are named and mirrored after the F95 thread.

Save management/copying, esp for games that use single shared layouts like RenPy where it's always `[title]\[version]\game\save\` or whatever.
The easiest would have the rule to handle save actions differently between the engines, RenPy would work one way.
You could do this as easily as trigger a copy action to the new version location and let windows handle it all.
Letting windows prompt about overwrites and such things.
It would need to make a `game\save`folder if there is none, some releases don't have any.

Will resume checking in on this thread daily then since you are back.
Good news! Almost thought it was dead for a moment here.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes