Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Nice update, got the Favourites working again! Great great.

After needing to go through my whole collection cause of this update to correct favs.
I notice that the mouse wheel isn't bound to anything.
This should be bound to the next and previous page... if you still plan on using pages instead of a scrolling list.

EDIT:
As for sort orders as you wanted to add to the played state, would be nice to have a with and without state checkbox on played, owned and favorites.
This way you can mix and match between what you have, and not and for example unplayed favs or non-favs.
This would be a 3-way toggle then technically compared to the two way state it has now.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
The three states checkbox is a good idea, I'll do it.
I didn't have time to add a Finished filter but it will be in the next update.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Nice, this looks good.
Seems to be working for some things.
Won't work when you use un-favorited.
Doing un-owned and un-favorited for example is a good way to browse for new titles you don't know about.
It seems to get stuck at un-owned favorites.

Nice to be able to search for titles that don't have a new update too. Those that are ready to play without work.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The update for the favorites broke it even more.
game_list_a4xtHECyap.png

One would think that filtering like that would show me ONLY those without a favorite.
The other two options are either only or both.

EDIT: Fixed in the last update!

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The folder creation does not handle `/` in the title at all correctly and makes additional folders at error.
explorer_yIyIuIReFW.png

Where the title should have been: `Fate/Imouto`
This should either ignore the things not accepted with the creation of folders or replace them with an underscore or something.

Also noticed with adding icons and games that the margin around the thumbnails is really large and more so when it's not matching the aspect ratio.

game_list_skpyvOil6D.png

When it's over 50 pixels wasted on each thumbnail, it's a bad thing.
Hopefully, this will get an option to adjust the margin with the number of pixels. (allowing people to set it to 0 if they want to fill the frame.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Another issue with the program I feel is that you can't really delete/hide/blacklist games the client has downloaded or added from your site/server.

Think we need a hide checkbox for titles, allowing any game to be hidden unless specifically searched for.
This will allow users to hide titles they don't care about or will never be interested in.
This is mostly for the browsing feature of the client to browse games you don't have.

Right now, if you delete a game. It will be re-added on the next update of the client, which isn't the wanted outcome.

EDIT:
Refreshing games will refresh the F95Zone forum link to the .com domain instead of .to.

drHaKo

Apr 26, 2017
is there a possibility that you can import a whole directory into your own game selection and to check the info online?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
is there a possibility that you can import a whole directory into your own game selection and to check the info online?
This was supported in older versions of the client.
But the dev didn't port it to the new UI he made.

It was kinda buggy where it didn't filter out already installed titles and folders, filling up the list of titles with useless junk.
It needed some love for sure, let's hope he will re-add it.
Installing games doesn't take long at all though, that atleast is much faster than editing and pointing to the mapped folder.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'm working on the "/" in games names, I should make an update tomorrow.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
validating that creator names, versions and game titles not ending with empty space is also needed as that has happened multiple times with the data on your servers.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Any issues in the last couple of days with it not updating the games list? When I click on refresh it tells me everything is up-to-date, even when I can see new updates have come through for games.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yup, noticed that too since the last update and when the site went down for the update. It's not the client but rather the script the dev is using to scrape the data from the forums.

The last update was: 2019-04-10 17:28:49

Darkjamin

Jul 8, 2018
Hello there,

I think this thread needs more visibility. I came to it by luck, chance, ... but man, I'm so glad I did.
I've been on the site for some time now, but I mostly keep to myself, I check the new games, read a lot, but comment very little.

First, the tool is not perfect yet. It took me a bit to understand how it worked (I'm not the brightest man alive - so maybe it would be nice to create a tutorial for dummies like me), and I'm not a native English speaker. Also I've been spoiled by other apps (not for NSFW games, just in general) where you just install the app, click the picture and everything you want is installed and ready for launch... we ain't there yet.

But this app is already so great. After I finished "installing" (read configuring) my games in the app, all became so much better. It let's me know when a new version of the game has been released (yeah - I can now remove 30+ bookmarks from my browser - and spend the new won 20 min/day to actually play the games).

And I can even "search" for new games within the app, with the ability to "exclude tags", which I believe is not really available in the site.

Yes they are still a few bugs, here and there (add a new game manually with same title of existing game on F95, then the game disappear from the "browse F95" page in the app. Why would you do that, cause I'm a tipical user, click, try, complain it ain't working... without checking how it was meant to be used :)

Anyhow, big kudos on the work you already put in the application, I'll be using it from now on. Keep it up, I really believe this should and will get more attention if you keep working on it !

Thanks.

Reactions: Sharinel

jamessmith3125

Dec 5, 2017
I ended up making a similar, although not quite as good, tool. I figured that I might as well share it if anyone is interested.

LastLaffer

Nov 28, 2017
On the new version 2.11.6.4, I'm getting an error and crash every time I hit the "Edit Game" button. It does this on every game I've tried so far:

"An unexpected problem was detected by the security mechanism."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyone else having this problem?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Please note that this newest update also was flagged by bitdefender for the first time and required a reinstall to get the client even started.
Though, most are reporting it clean, prob just a false flag but you might not do the update in a safe manner.

Prince01

Jun 1, 2018
Isues with Version 2.11.64, fault says send by email, but no email exists, so I am posing it here:
Crashes as soon as you right click to edit

Error at line 6 of Fin d'initialisation de FEN_FicheJeu process.
EditAddToken function called.
The 'SAI_Tags' control is not a token edit control.

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Fin d'initialisation de FEN_FicheJeu' (FEN_FicheJeu), line 6
'EditAddToken' function, syntax 0

What happened?
The 'SAI_Tags' control is not a token edit control.

Error code: 10784
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240obj.dll' module (24.0.312.20).
Debugging information:
Fonction (1,767)
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Fin d'initialisation de FEN_FicheJeu (FEN_FicheJeu), line 6
Procédure locale ouvreFiche (FEN_GameList.PROCEDURE.ouvreFiche), line 18
Clic sur BTN_Edit (FEN_Details.BTN_Edit), line 4
Bouton droit relâché (WM_RBUTTONUP) de ZR_REQ_Resultat (FEN_F95_Games.ZR_REQ_Resultat), line 7
EIT_DATEHEURE : 11/05/2019 17:29:36
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <34>

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes