Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
While i would love a system that downloads and updates out of the box. Such a system can be prone to bugs and issues for sure if the parser isnt complete.
There is too many variations on how the links are listed in terms of names.

I guess one could technically have a regex that matches Windows/Win/PC i guess compared to Mac, Android and so on.

But issues comes up again if you where to consider multi part enteries and such.

Some of that stuff will still require manual work of some kind.
What you technically could do is let the installer accept games in bulk again without the issues it had in the past.
If the folders are names just as the thread name then it should match perfectly right? Just need a regex for that since its all the same with titles, versions and creators in the thread name.

If one where to do that then an option to watch a download complete folder for these folders and files could be interesting.
Or even accept drag and drop folders and link it up with the folder name vs thread title.

Many of the download actions and such could be packaged without the need for a custom system if users where asked to use say JDownloader. But undertand that one wouldnt want to dirvert trafic.

If one would do it all in one, an embedded browser would be the thing. Opening the thread and allowing the user to pick the download link as it displays and loads normally. But such a thing seems wasteful compared to just working on the bulk stuff again.

I guess the biggest manual workloads i have atm with updating games is yes, going to the site and grabbing the link, taking the title of the thread and renaming the zip/rar file to the thread name. Then having JDownloader unzip in the archive name (now the thread name) for the download. The last step is then to install it in the client.
Unsure where one would be able to cut down on time here, since the thread name is important to keep on large downloads of hundreds of games. And there is very little control when you don't do that since all uploads are different with little verification.
Maybe if F95 started enforcing zip names of some kind in their share (like: THREAD-ID (VERSION)[CREATOR]).
But that would be a large undertaking aswell to verify such things at every point.

There really cant be an easy option at this point as i see it. Using JDownloader with extraction to thread named folders atleast removes the confusion of it all in the end and would allow for flawless matching with installs when it sees a return.

Sorry for the rant there <3 Its a loaded subject that can't have an easy solution in anyway shape or form without users mapping the download links to the database.

EDIT: Also thank you very very much for the open directory option! Makes patching mods and such much easier!

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Again thanks for the open diectory option.

The Table view is really broken in many ways though sadly.

Titles does not expand (It expands for a moment to load the image and actions but collapses again within the second)

The Table does not load maximized and embedded into the client but rather as its own window.
When the table is loaded with another view opened, it also makes the other views not maximized.

If you where to maximize any of the two views without closing the other, trying to load the other in the side bar will crash the client.

ERROR when trying to load the other view again when another is maximized over it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Seems some of the issues doesn't occur all the time. If i where to load the table, maximize it and then close the client. The next time i load the table it will load maximized as intended. But going back and forth between say owned and the new table view still crashes the client as the error above.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Yes it will be complicated, and it will be a kind of stealing F95 traffic : I don't want people that use my app to stop coming here.
With the actual system they have to come here, at least to see links.
good point, I wouldn't want to steal there traffic this is a great site. too bad, there wasn't way to do it and still give them the traffic. and some how the double click crash was fixed when i updated to the version just released.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Speaking of mods, if you have installed some you have to do it again each time you install a new version.

So I was thinking of a new option : copy directory before install. It will make a copy of the old version then intall the new version in it:

Lets say that I have a folder V1 and I am going to install V2 :
it will copy V1 to a new created folder V2 then overwrite it with the new version, like this saves and extra files will be present in the new folder.

Or I can add a feature to install patches : it will copy files to the directory and remember then so that it will ask you if you want to reinstall the patch when you perform an update. A little like what nexus mod does for skyrim.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
No, a full copy action like copying the last version of the game and then overwriting with the new one is a HUGE no go in my opinion. Will cause issues with many titles over time for sure.

Though for saves. Its not all game engines that has saves locally in the same manner every time. Atleast adding support for RenPy game save copying would make sense. Most other game engines aswell as RenPy does use the user appdata folders. (you dont want to touch those, that will be messy)

Having a dedicated patch folder would also make sense, that would copy the contents of its patch folder to the newest game install and remember the files it did. If overwriting it could back up the overwritten files too. Allowing the client to be able to revert it if needed. (Unless you can do it like Mod Organizer for NexusMods with Virtual folders on load)

There is Hundreds of titles on F95 today that as mods or need mods to restore the Patreon censorship. But sadly there is no way to for what version it is made for and so on.

Now, if there was conflicts in say the saves. Actions would need to be made by the user and not the system for sure.
If this was linux then you could have easily done a hardlink to a dedicated save folder that stays in sync, and then update the link when a new version is installed... But sadly i don't think Windows can do that out of the box yet anyway. Symlinks could technically work but is more prone to errors i guess, even if its rare.

Having saves mirrored to a base save folder for the game title could also be an option and just copying the contents when the app is detected to close, copyied over to the new installed version when you install a new one and backing up the same way. But such a feature might be overkill.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The Newest release makes you confirm what exe or file to launch after moving the files over on installs.
This is an unnecessary step if the user picks the correct choice from the begining.
Earlier versions didn't have this issue.

If it can see what file you pick on install then it should do a if statement and automatically use the selected file if it is within certain extentions like .exe, .swf and so on.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
New version 2.11.8.4

Corrections on the table display
New game window with a feature to download screen-shots
Went installing it should not prompt for the file to launch if out already selected it.

For the screens, older games won't have them yet.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Oh my! Very nice!
A nice way to have screenshots in the UI quickly. And a new mod tab i see! perfect for patches and the Lain Mods!

Now since there is screenshots in the UI, having options to download them on updates automatically and displaying them with the right click context menu would be the next step for such a feature. Outside of maybe converting it locally to an effective format like webp for space saving.

But the screenshot feature is one that shouldnt be pushed too much over other things. It should be still low priority compared to other things.

Looking goodso far!

EDIT: Size and scaling seems small, either its not getting the full res image on prinsiple and doesnt scale it at all. Or it just down scales the image in view.
Next and previous image with mousewheel should be a given too.

Viewer could be just tied to the mouse too, mousing over a thumbnail to expand it full size. This would allow for quick inspection with the mouse.

EDIT2: Seems sometimes it likes to download thumbnails multiple times aswell!

EDIT3 (WEW): Clicking outside of the image when the image viewer is active (the dimmed area) should close the image viewer as a whole. This is much easier than clicking the X in the top right specifically!

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Going back and forth (once) between the table and owned and back to table again still crashes the client:

Code:
Error at line 4 of Clic sur BTN_Table process.
MDIActive function called.
Window named 'Table' not found.

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Clic sur BTN_Table' (FEN_GameList.BTN_Table), line 4
'MDIActive' function, syntax 1

What happened?
Window named 'Table' not found.

Error code: 10006
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240obj.dll' module (24.0.312.20).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 10006
Debugging information:
Fonction (1,88)
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Clic sur BTN_Table (FEN_GameList.BTN_Table), line 4
EIT_DATEHEURE : 29/05/2019 16:46:51
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <18>

Help
EDIT: Expanding the info in the table still closes right away and won't stay open as noted before.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
For multiple copies of the same thumb, it's an old bug, my database is full of duplicated screens, each time a game is updated it should be fixed, I'll try to find a better way to fix this.

Right now I'm working on saves.

the table bug will be fixed in the next release.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Save! Amazing! The Biggest feature i have been waiting for next to bulk installing.

How is the images pulled for the client anyway? Hosted on the game-list site/server? Or parsed and pulled client side?

If you are doing HTML parsing hten i keep seeing that the main full res image is always the href in a instead of src or data-src in image.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I made a quick update:

Better popup when you click on an image.
Better image resolution for screens.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Ahhh, closing the image viewer by clicking outside the window is in and working. Neat.

Sad to see the dimmed view removed though, The Grey is fine. But astetically i felt the dimmed view (or blured) would serve it better.

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

Getting the following error on a fresh install with 1 game marked as owned when switching to table view.

Code:
Error at line 2 of Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games process.
[] operator called on TABLE_Games control.
Invalid subscript: [-1].
Values must be between 1 and 1 (included).

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games' (FEN_Table.TABLE_Games), line 2

What happened?
[] operator called on TABLE_Games control.
Invalid subscript: [-1].
Values must be between 1 and 1 (included).

Error code: 10038
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240obj.dll' module (24.0.312.20).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 10038
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games (FEN_Table.TABLE_Games), line 2
EIT_DATEHEURE : 03/06/2019 00:27:09
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <66050>

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Your security certificate on the game-list.org site / wiki is out of date.
Should be updated before it gets automatically blocked by peoples security, in or outside of the client.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
How exactly do you use the tool to install a game? The add game part looks as if you have to do all the stuff with tags yourself?
Btw. is there a way to maybe do a bit more custom managing of your "library"? Stuff like adding custom tags to games to give you a way to personalize the tags in cases of wrong tagging or adding personal tags that don't exist on f95?

Are you planning more features in the future? Such as:
*ability to choose the color design of the program
*ability to customize tags with color codes or small icons?
*ability to link the game's executeables to a sort of play library so you can look for games via tags in the tool and launch them directly from there?
*modding functionality & backup to restore game to pre-modded state?

EDIT: Also, currently selecting the browser doesn't seem to work. I've picked firefox but the links still open in IE.

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
How exactly do you use the tool to install a game? The add game part looks as if you have to do all the stuff with tags yourself?
You can download the pre-filled database from the game-list.org site that contains most of the games and its tags and metadata. Games are checked for updates for version and metadata changes on each boot. Just click install game (the lower left in the context menu) and point it to the game folder/zip or direct to the .exe file or whatever. It will then copy/move the files to your set install path and be ready to launch.

If you dont want the prefilled database, you can just add the F95 url and refresh the game to the title to get it to pull metadata from the game-list.org site. Which contains tags, images and so on.

Though its updating feature have been buggy for atleast me with custom data like tags.

Custom alt titles cant have the url to F95 in it either i believe or it will be changed back to the hosted data.

Reactions: kuraiken

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Oh Save copying on updates is added for RPGMaker now? Woah!
RenPy Tomorrow? Thats great!
And a new tab for versions! great. hopefully that will see progress soon. Hate not being able to easily manage and install all the multiple versions of stuff.
Then one can finally install the 17 versions of Daughter for Dessert or some of those merged packs!

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'll release a version today :

- added Ren'py saves copy.
- an option to request me to add saves compatibility to a game (I won't do it for html games)

Reactions: kuraiken
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes