Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

contramundi

Jul 15, 2018
Another issue I've come across that's minor but a bit annoying:

Some games, when installed, don't just create an install directory, they also create an 2 copies of the folder with additional affixes, one adding _games, the other _gamelist to the name. Inside are some various subfolders drawn from somewhere else without clear reason and some other game subfolders with rvdata2 files, usually from various other games.
Folder examples:
Witch Act 1.05 (RPGM) [Clymenia]
Witch Act 1.05 (RPGM) [Clymenia]_games
Witch Act 1.05 (RPGM) [Clymenia]Game List

1. I'm using the sub directory scheme {game} {version} ({engine}) [{author}] which works without issues, so I don't think that's the culprit.
2. It really looks for everything inside other games, and has countless subfolders created or drawn that end with .rvdata 2, often including files of the same name.

EDIT: Oh, and my install directory is within the Game List program.
Game List\installed games
well... i've downloaded the game, and i've gotten the exact same thing:

1.05data

i did try and look at what happened when deleting the 2 japanese/chinese text files and the extraction process went a little different, but still not exactly right.

1.05\[RJ129520] WITCH ACT
1.05\Data

So the data folder did move down a bit in the file structure.

I did notice that there's a bunch of other file names in chinese/japanese in the folders so i reckon that the fault in the extraction is related to that.

In total there's 3 wav files under "Audio\SE" and the 2 text files.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Loving the new version handling, it has a few issues but works well enough out of the box.
To be able to choose the version to launch when launching the main title would be the biggest improvement i think.

To note that only newly installed games are actually showing up on it. All your old games will not show up on the tab at all and will need to be reinstalled for correct usage.
Makes versioning of titles much easier for sure!

With the additions to this, we need a way to filter for titles with multiple versions.
Also we need a version relation white-list. This way you can white-list a relation of versions that.
That way you can be able to sort for DUPLICATES, multiple versions that shouldn't have multiple versions/parts (that just have installed a new update but still have the old version laying around)

Not sure how else to do this other than a white-list, maybe there is a way i didn't think about.
For example with the screenshot i have in this post. I can white-list Ch1v0.6 with Ch2v0.76 so it will not show up on the duplicate filter/page.
But if i where to install say Ch2v0.80 or something the title will show up on that filter.

Thoughts are to be able to quickly see what you have dupes of without the need of 3rd party programs like search everything (that works well for the most part) while ignoring the different versions you have. White-lists will prob have to be a manual thing to setup though, maybe the client can ask about those white-list links when installing a title that already have those links. Check-boxes with an action or context menu item will do it.

Side node, game save copying on installs: does it check if there is files already in place of the destination? does it force overwrite or does it ask the user if there is a conflict? I can see users having issues with it for sure if doesn't do it safely.

EDIT: Cleanup of deleted folders/versions is a must! to be able to bulk check/verify the location of the titles and remove missing might be a good idea.
When installing a new title it will just add the new entry, the old one stays forever till the user manually removes it in the version tab which is buried.
Think this shouldn't be needed in anyway. Maybe with the combination of the white-list system noted above, it could ask the user on install if they want to delete an old version (after save copy ofc!)

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
On a side note, about the community aspect of the client.
I love that you are able to report the title in client you want supported for game save management for example.
Something similar for title images might be handy with the combination of of the screenshot viewer to display the pending community uploaded images. Users could be able to vote or show interest in making it the main title image for example.

Either something like that or allow the users to pick between all the title images and those most used by the community manually (shares number of manual uses)to be used automatically for new users/clients.
This way with time, the community will upgrade and swap out the title images for each title to a higher standard.
Also allows people to extract and edit images themself for the community sharing.

But all of those thoughts require some users, unsure about the user-base of this to begin with, but i guess it will grow with time as more useful features are added to the client.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I will check this problem of bad difectories creation, it probably cames from thé New copy saves feature

I'm currently working on user login in the client to add à better comunity expérience.

From m'y stats there are about 40 users that launch uses gamelist daily (from thé check updates connexion statistcs)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Well if you want more users to drive the community features once that is in or will be a thing.
Might want to PM a mod to get the thread pinned or something on tools and games.

Know i have told a ton of people about the client already. Many that has use for it and a want for it. Just dont know about it.
They do know about the DLsite manager though. But then again, F95 itself is nothing against nyaa or something.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
For now I'm OK with having only a few users, it's fine for ma servers :p. If I get too much users I might end having to add Patreon only functions but I don't have any ideas of which one and I want my app to be ass free as possible.

And I don't think my app is good enough to have this thread pinned somewhere.

So what are the next updates :
  • User management : 50% done. You will be able to sign up, witch will be useful for future features.
  • First community feature : rate games.
  • Mod management.
  • Cleanup (delete of old games versions)
  • Possibility for users to upload screen shots.
Not sure of the order, and new tasks could be added (for example better tags systeme, saving of different filters...)

Last edited:
Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
For now I'm OK with having only a few users, it's fine for ma servers :p. If I get too much users I might end having to add Patreon only functions but I don't have any ideas of which one and I want my app to be ass free as possible.

I'm don't think my app is good enough to have this thread pinned somewhere.

So what are the next updates :
  • User management : 50% done. You will be able to sign up, witch will be useful for future features.
  • First community feature : rate games.
  • Mod management.
  • Cleanup (delete of old games versions)
  • Possibility for users to upload screen shots.
Not sure of the order, and new tasks could be added (for example better tags systeme, saving of different filters...)
Sounds great. I'd definitely appreciate custom tags in the near future, because it'd allow me to better manage my library. I want to distinguish between games that I like and games I'd like to try out, and to be able to mark games as not interested when I've tried them out or when I don't want them listed again (because they're abandoned or just not my taste). That's kinda the big feature I'm waiting for before I start adding all my games to the app.

There's definitely some stuff the app still lacks, primarily some greater ability to tailor tags, rating, etc. to your desire, and some ease of use and implementation issues (e.g. multi-launch options for seperate instances of multi-episode games in one single thread) and I'm really interested in what you've cooked up for modding support.

But despite that, I think you should realize that there's no app that does what yours is doing. Before I discovered this, I considered using tagspaces to manually tag a link to each and every game with custom tags from a custom tagging system I designed to be able to use a library where I can find games via tags. Can you imagine the amount of effort that would take, compared to what I can do with your app?
Don't sell what you're doing short. Yes, there's still room for improvement, but that doesn't change that you've already accomplished a whole lot of stuff that simply doesn't exist anywhere else.

So yes, I definitely agree with CuddleBear that this deserves to be pinned. Besides, more attention might bring people who understand the software you're using and might be able to help you. And who knows, f95 might be interested in working together with you. You're not replacing the need to visit their site, you're not replacing their community, threads & posts, and people will still need to read up on what additional things need to be downloaded. Who knows, maybe they'd be willing to lend you some server power? No one can say, but I can guarantee you that your app is already at a stage where it's very useful to have and where nothing can replace its functionality.

EDIT: Also, I think having more tooltips and a bit more hover-over explanation would really help to get people started. With some of the buttons, you have no idea what they're doing and this might discourage people who're trying it for the first time without reading up on the website.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Hopefully cleanup will also branch out to install folders with empty folders.
Find time and time again that zip archives from F95 having the game multiple empty folders in them.
While JDownloader do auto extract after the archive name (which is pre-named after the thread name with versions, creators and such).

My biggest slowdown for installing and getting shit ready after that is to cleanup the extra un-needed folders.
Wish if you select a folder it should be more aggressive to automatically select the .exe or whatever and not requiring manual selection. There after it should clean up any empty folder in the selected folder the user picked to install.

Automatic selection of the file should be something like .exe>.swf>.html and if there is more than one, ask the user.
You could automate it more for certain game engines or noting what the file is called on the metadata server.

So something like this should make installing files even faster technically while cleaning up the install folders for the user.

Note that it should never delete the default install folder set in the settings if its empty.
Deleting any empty folder in the picked location and moving up till the set install folder, cleaning up as it does should cleanup everything in the end.

Thoughts are that the users can quickly select the folder in question no matter how messy the F95 uploaders made it (cause they do almost every time...) and cleanup all of it while also selecting the correct file or tries too with a single action.
Having such a framework than cleanup after itself and select the correct stuff more automatically also paves the way a cleaner bulk install option once that returns.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
There seems to be an issue with the latest build.
I can't switch pages anymore. I can go next to one further page, but not further.
The next button simply doesn't do anything.

So, page 1: Displays 1 to 32 of 4170 games.
Page 2 displays 65 to 96 of 4170 games.
Page 3 cannot be opened because the next button doesn't do anything.
I can go back to page 1 and back to page 2, but never to page three.
Windowed at half the screen size, it's the same, except it's 1-12 on page 1 and 25-36, with no further way to get to page 3.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Yes you're right I was adding the number of games displayed at two different places in my code so it was jumping from page 1 to page 3. I'll update it later today.

As I'm not English there are some typos everywhere, fell free to report them.

Edit : A lot of new games today as I have parsed the whole F95Zone database to add all missing games. (Now I have to add all thumbs...)

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
A small issue I've found:
sometimes the name/authorname/versionnumber contains forbidden symbols, such as / which then returns an error message upon trying to install it. (my subdirectory automatically adds the author to the filename)
Maybe the process should replace all instances of such forbidden symbols with a space so that the games can be installed? The current work-around is to manually change the game information which results in the game info not matching the database from f95, but at least allows installation.

EDIT: A second minor issue seems to be with the tag search system. It seems to be finding partial tags, which seems to be the reason why, for example "male protagonist" activated via the list also shows results with only the "female protagonist" tag.
An example is "Angels" which only has "female protagonist" but shows up when looking for "male protagonist".

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
A small issue I've found:
sometimes the name/authorname/versionnumber contains forbidden symbols, such as / which then returns an error message upon trying to install it. (my subdirectory automatically adds the author to the filename)
Maybe the process should replace all instances of such forbidden symbols with a space so that the games can be installed? The current work-around is to manually change the game information which results in the game info not matching the database from f95, but at least allows installation.

EDIT: A second minor issue seems to be with the tag search system. It seems to be finding partial tags, which seems to be the reason why, for example "male protagonist" activated via the list also shows results with only the "female protagonist" tag.
An example is "Angels" which only has "female protagonist" but shows up when looking for "male protagonist".
For the first issue : it's strange it should be escaping every forbidden character, could you give me en example?

For the the second : I know if tag contains another one there is a problem and like female contains male (in many ways :p) the two are showing up. I'll work on this when I will be reworking tag system.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
For the first issue : it's strange it should be escaping every forbidden character, could you give me en example?
"Master of the Harem Guild" by "Norn / Miel". Can't be installed unless the / is removed by manually altering the author if your sub directory contains {author}. The same is true for some instances of version numbers {version} being in the sub directory where someone uses a "1.2 / EX" or similar way to define it.
For the the second : I know if tag contains another one there is a problem and like female contains male (in many ways :p) the two are showing up. I'll work on this when I will be reworking tag system.
Sounds great!

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Do like the new rotating icons, it really should revert back to the original set icon when the mouse is removed though.
This also gives the opportunity to make any image in the screenshot manager an icon with a set as default option.
That can be built more on in the future with community uploaded icons!

Also, the client can get stuck rotating the last image even after you highlight/use another program, it will keep going in the background. But atleast its not an heavy process so it wouldnt matter much in the end.

Hyperecchi

Jul 27, 2017
I just downloaded it and I have been trying to get the games to install. I've set the install options with [game]/[version] subdirectories, but it won't actually name them. I just get the directory named [game].

Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I just downloaded it and I have been trying to get the games to install. I've set the install options with [game]/[version] subdirectories, but it won't actually name them. I just get the directory named [game].

You're using the wrong symbols.
You need {} instead of [].

contramundi

Jul 15, 2018

just as kuraiken said your using the wrong symbols, if you use the correct symbols the line below "* if you change....." will show you an example of where and how the game will be extracted.

in your case it currently says:

"E:\Games\Game List\Games\[game]\[version]\"

when you use the {} symbols this line will change and it will show you for example:

"E:\Games\Game List\Games\Man of The House\v0.9.7"

replace your line next to "subdirectory" with: {game}\{version} and it should work properly.

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
tid

Getting the following error when attempting to view table view.

Code:
Error at line 2 of Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games process.
[] operator called on TABLE_Games control.
Invalid subscript: [-1].
Values must be between 1 and 4 (included).

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games' (FEN_Table.TABLE_Games), line 2

What happened?

Error code: 10038
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240obj.dll' module (24.0.312.20).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 10038
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games (FEN_Table.TABLE_Games), line 2
EIT_DATEHEURE : 23/06/2019 02:38:44
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <66050>

Help

tid

Aug 16, 2017
tid

Getting the following error when attempting to view table view.

Code:
Error at line 2 of Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games process.

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games' (FEN_Table.TABLE_Games), line 2

What happened?

Error code: 10038
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240obj.dll' module (24.0.312.20).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 10038
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Bouton gauche relâché (WM_LBUTTONUP) de TABLE_Games (FEN_Table.TABLE_Games), line 2
EIT_DATEHEURE : 23/06/2019 02:38:44
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <66050>

Help
Thanks for reporting this, it will be fixed in the next version.

I wasn't thinking that there was people using the table view, I've made it just for fun ;).

contramundi

Jul 15, 2018
since last update installing games through the game manager is broken for me.

if i open the info page on a game or use the install button doesn't really matter but what happens is that the game manager makes the proper folders and extracts perfectly, however the version info gets written to another game.

for example i've tried installing "distant realities v 0.1" and every part of the extraction process goes perfect, however the game "Harem Hotel" gets the v0.1 info and location of the executable

it doesn't seem to matter if i use an archive or copy from a folder, nor where i use the install button, sometimes closing the program helps but around 9 out of 10 times its doing this for me.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes