Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Version 2.13.1.4 is out
New tag system, you can add your own tags and set them to games.

You can manage tags on the preference window.
you can add tags to a game in it's edit window or in by clicking on the "tag" label in it's window :

View attachment 343893 View attachment 343894
Looks good. I had an error when first starting the game list, but so far on successive starts, no further issues.
I've already tried to do a few tagging operations and it seems to work well.
Two minor suggestions for improvement:

1. Double-Click-Assign Shortcut: In the tag list where you can assign or remove tags, maybe you can make it so that a double-click on a tag in the available tags list assigns it to the game's tags list and double-clicking on a tag in the game's tags list removes it from that list.
It speeds up the tagging process quite a bit. (The arrows can still remain, the double-click is just a short-cut)

2. Quicker way to edit a game's tags: Currently, you have to right-click the game, open the details window, then click on tags and then you can edit the tags.
I think it'd make it a lot smoother if you add a tag button on the window that opens when you right-click a game. Maybe in front or directly after the listed tags.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
1. Double-Click-Assign Shortcut: In the tag list where you can assign or remove tags, maybe you can make it so that a double-click on a tag in the available tags list assigns it to the game's tags list and double-clicking on a tag in the game's tags list removes it from that list.
It speeds up the tagging process quite a bit. (The arrows can still remain, the double-click is just a short-cut)
To build on that, control selection and shift selection + enter to activate all selected is also a great way of doing it.
That would allow the users to quickly select all the tags wanted once, press enter and apply all the selected tags all at once.

Tag Siblings is something that needs to be explored too cause people like personalization in the way tags are written or displayed. That way tags can more easily be merged down to one tag while being searchable in multiple ways but maybe only displayed one way.
Here is a write-up on tag Siblings and how they are in Hydrus which works great for hundreds of millions of tags.

Tag Parents might also be worth exploring, but that might be overkill for games like this. Maybe more useable if the program supported the video side of F95.

Reactions: androide

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Awesome new update. Especially the reload function is a great addition if you mess up.
Slight improvement suggestion: increase the size of the right-click window slightly to the right or shift the position of the tag edit button a little to create a clearer distance between the tag edit button and the listed tags.
Reason: I've seen a rare issue where the tag names are so long that they actually stretch over the button, making it difficult to find the exact slim sliver of space where clicking it is possible.
An example is the game "Hot" by "Miel". I have to click on the very right edge of the symbol to be able to open the tag browser. (1920x1080)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
There is a few things i really want options for after the whole double click action swap.
I want to be able to double click to open the game itself. Have an option that users can choose if they want it the other way.
Also, the launch button in the top right of the thumbnail could also be swapped to the edit button IMO.

While this is a manager, its also a launcher. Right now i feel its doing the managing a bit too much compared to launching, esp when right click and launch is also at a weird place.

Changing the Favorite system to be a 0-5 star rating system could also be better. That way users have more choice to rate what they want. Favs would be 5 star but titles you liked or thought was good but not perfect is a 4 and so on.

Also would love to be able to click a creator name to show all the titles from that creator. This is very handy when you find a title you like and want to quickly look up what is his/hers. Feel its a hassle and slow to need to manually input that info, esp when people have weird names.

Also have dupe creator names that need to be merged (use whatever is used on the newest releases on F95):
Honeygamer/HoneyGames
Iceridlah/Iceridlah Games
Dumb Crow/DumbCrow
Umemaro 3D/Umemaro3D

I am sure there is more out there, But have found different creator names across titles on those. Should be merged.

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I think that i will now work on the collaborative part. Here is what I plan to do :
- Game rating, it will display your note and the average rating
- User thumb creation, like this you won't have to wait for me to create thumbs for new games (with a rating system to choose the default one). Only logged-in users will be able to do that.
- Statistics : it will allow me to do tops (for example most played game this week, this month and all time). It can be a good way to find new games to test.

Of course stats will be anonymous and I will ask you if you want to send them or not.

So i have a question: is it ok to ask users to create an account on the wiki to log-in or do you prefer to register in-app (code for this is already done) the two accounts will be totally independent.

found Bug. see Video for Details

Thank you for reporting this, I'll check it.

SkalCore

May 10, 2019
Question, before you develop User thumb creation, would you first change the table for the Tumbnails? It is sometimes hard to read the Titles from some Games. Is it possible to create new table for titles and Version number, so that the thumb pic is between them?

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
So i have a question: is it ok to ask users to create an account on the wiki to log-in or do you prefer to register in-app (code for this is already done) the two accounts will be totally independent.
In-App is probably better. Though it's probably a good idea if the app allows you to link to the wiki account or base itself off the wiki account.

Question, before you develop User thumb creation, would you first change the table for the Tumbnails? It is sometimes hard to read the Titles from some Games. Is it possible to create new table for titles and Version number, so that the thumb pic is between them?
I think that's something where customized formatting would help. Someone, I think CuddleBear, mentioned something like a transparent background overlay behind the text that'll darken the picture to make the text more legible by off-setting it from the thumbnail picture.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
yes I'm aware of this problem, I'll work on it.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, my notes was i believe:
Enlarge the image to fill the thumbnail all the way with options for boarder pixel width (1px by default and can be set to 0px).
Have a dimming box behind all text if you are not willing to change the color.
Version text to be colored after the update state of the game (if updated it will have a different color than not updated).
Finally, Move all icons out to the edges with the option to remove options if wanted.
For example being able to remove the "owned"/"installed" state checkbox would be good as it takes up far too much space and most users prob use the filters for that anyway!

If the checkmark is removed, pushing the version to the lower left would be more ideal i believe.
Also to build on that with the version, any version that starts with a number but doesn't have say v# should add the small v before the number. So if a version is 0.7 it will display in the thumbnail in the bottom corner as v0.7 as a default.
This way all the numbered versions are unified in the UI while looking better for it.

EDIT:
Been thinking a bit more on this one, much of the info on the thumbnail isnt needed all the time. Having it load in on mouse over would make sense.
Having only the image itself and the title + maybe the version to be visible at all times while extra stuff being displayed only with mouse over or selection (click)

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
EDIT:
Been thinking a bit more on this one, much of the info on the thumbnail isnt needed all the time. Having it load in on mouse over would make sense.
Having only the image itself and the title + maybe the version to be visible at all times while extra stuff being displayed only with mouse over or selection (click)
Better yet: A preference setting that allows you to toggle on and off what icons are displayed.
Like there could be 7 slots, lower left, lower middle, lower right, top left, top right, middle left and middle right and you can pick what icons (even custom icons linked to custom tags) are displayed, and whether they are displayed permanently or by mouseover.
Bonus points if you can save the preference settings as a profile (so you can switch between say: a browsing profile (only mouse-over, few icons) and a management profile (permanent, all 5 slots with icons).

Possible things you could switch to be displayed: F95rating, Userrating (only takes the game list users average rating), owned/unowned, launch icon, favorite, and custum icons linked to custom tags.

Speaking of, I'd also like a clearer icon distinction between owned and not owned. I've got a slight color-blindness green/red and with only the slight difference in hue to go with, I sometimes have difficulty to tell which is which. Maybe an X for unowned instead of a checkmark?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Crashes when trying to log-in on the newest version. Log-in worked fine before.

C:
An exception occurred when processing or displaying a first exception.

----- Technical information -----

What happened?
An exception occurred when processing or displaying a first exception.

Error code: 1092
Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240vm.dll' module (24.0.402.3).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1092

----- Sub-error #1 -----

WL call:
'Open' function, syntax 0

What happened?
Unable to open <WD_DisplayException> window:
> The 'WD_DisplayException' element was not found.

Error code: 10019

Dump of the error of 'wd240obj.dll' module (24.0.312.20).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 10019
Debugging information:
Chargement de la partie execution d'un objet
Nom physique : WD_DisplayException
Type cherche : 2
Fonction (1,1)

----- Sub-error #2 -----

WL call:
Process of 'Clic sur BTN_Connect' (FEN_GameList.BTN_Connect), line 13

What happened?
'Open' should have returned a value.

Error code: 1005

Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1005
Debugging information:
Fonction (1,1)
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Clic sur BTN_Connect (FEN_GameList.BTN_Connect), line 13
EIT_DATEHEURE : 20/07/2019 01:21:48
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <18>

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Also got an error:
Code:
Error at line 49 of Procédure locale charger process.
'point' element unknown.

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:
Process of 'Procédure locale charger' (FEN_Details.PROCEDURE.charger), line 49

What happened?
'point' element unknown.

Error code: 1059

Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1059
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Procédure locale charger (FEN_Details.PROCEDURE.charger), line 49
Fin d'initialisation de FEN_Details (FEN_Details), line 1
Bouton droit relâché (WM_RBUTTONUP) de ZR_REQ_Resultat (FEN_F95_Games.ZR_REQ_Resultat), line 7
EIT_DATEHEURE : 20/07/2019 06:17:09
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <2>
EIT_IDCODE : <458752>

Help
This occured after right-clicking on "The Imperial Gatekeeper" in the recent updates window and again when right-clicking on it in the listed updates. (Updates -> remove owned, list date descending, "The Imperial Gatekeeper".)
The bug should be reproducable. My guess: something in the metadata for it goes hayware.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Sorry for not answering sooner, but my computer at home just died.

I'm working on this bug, it should be fixed today. It also allowed me to see that there is a bug with tags containing a "&" like point & click, I'm going to fix it.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Any chance we can get a Linux version of the manager at some point?
Just made the move since most games and programs run on Linux today. Esp stuff from F95 like RenPy Titles.
Noticed WinDev24 does support linux to some extent.

Not saying full distro list support here, maybe start with the basics like Pop_OS and Ubuntu for example.

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Another error when logging in, also triple checked that its the correct username and password and was the same as i had saved on LassPass.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Okay, I made a server side update, it shouldn't display an error message. From where the error occurs I guess that you provide a wrong username.

Edit : Champagne! I got my first patron last week, thanks to him :)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
EDIT: Ignore all this... needed to sign up again in the client. Silly me. wew

Well... it says i have the wrong username and password. But it works fine on the site. Did save my generated password on LastPass so what i have saved is used on the site.
Copied it to my clipboard and pasted in the client but doesn't work at all.

So Yeah, Not the wrong password or user but it says its wrong or the username is unknown.
Is it cause i already had an user on the forums since the start of it? i want one of the first that signed up after all. hmm

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes