Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The Media viewer (screenshot viewer) does not playback gif animations. might also be wanted to support WebM with vp8 too cause i am sure its only a matter of time before previews will have that too!

example with: https://f95zone.to/threads/20098/

EDIT: The media viewer really should loop back to the first image again when it reaches the end. A bit triggering. :D

Last edited:

theleon

Apr 18, 2018
How do I add a game that failed to extract (even though the archive is fine it says it's corrupted)?

tid

Aug 16, 2017
It is probably a big archive, extract it manualy then during install choose the exe file instead of the archive. It will copy (or move) the game's folder.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Version 2.14.1.4 is out.

To add a thumb you can click on the "+" button next to the game's thumb or edit an existing screen (right click).
To upload your thumb right click on it and choose send.

PS: I'm on holidays for 2 weeks, I'll restart working on Game-List after that.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Version 2.14.1.4 is out.

To add a thumb you can click on the "+" button next to the game's thumb or edit an existing screen (right click).
To upload your thumb right click on it and choose send.

PS: I'm on holidays for 2 weeks, I'll restart working on Game-List after that.
Can you try to fix the tag bug when you return?
Selecting multiple tags sometimes does not yield all (or any) results that contain them all.
e.g. "monster girl" tag and "monster" tag are selected.
The only result is "Advanced Tip", no other results are found.
but if I deselect "monster" and check out some of the "monster girl" games, I find some that contain both tags but aren't shown when I'm searching for both tags. ("Cloud 10")

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Oh shit! people can start making photoshopped logos and images now for ease discovery.

Will for sure take a look at making some of those with mixing extracted assets.

Found a huge outlier metadata point in the form of both Release dates (first or only release) and Update dates.
Having these into the mix with sorting options can be really useful for many i am guessing.
Esp to keep track when a game was updated a long time ago. When they might be dead after not updating or finishing for half a year but have not been updated on the site or database for it.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Looks like the database is down. Or the scraper.

Last update was two days back:

More reason to do the scraping of the metadata locally in the client. But i get that it will increase site load.
Worried if the dev stops working on it or stop hosting the metadata server then it will all be dead.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Looks like the updates are back. Good good.

Please note that the refresh button for install locations are still broken after 3-4 releases now.
Gives the install UI instead of just refreshing what it has.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
There is also an issue in this newest release or maybe from the release before that.
If you move your mouse from one game to another it will take the image of the last game you have the mouse on. I can do this at any time and works as expected when you move your mouse quickly between the titles. At times i find that i can have multiple covers wrong.
Its so easily triggered if you try to do it too, here is me forcing the thumbnails to work this way. wew

But this happens many many times just by itself without trying. Its all about the speed between the previews it seems.

game_list_oi1bINnLJF.png

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Been thinking a bit about the thumbnails. The New system to add new thumbnails and upload them are great!
But at the same time its also bad to be locked down into a single UI with 1x1 squares.

Esp when most art are 16:9 or when F95 made banners is being made by so many already. Which is well done too.

Think having the options to have multiple views could be something to explore in the future.
1x1, 16:9 and Banners (whatever size that is normally)
All the big titles already have made banners which are well made and look great.

All 3 thumbnail sizes has its own pros and cons ofc.

To be able to freely scale them would also make sense.

I am also getting a bit worried about the size of the images.mmo file too which is passing 6GB over here atm.
These are previews and thumbnails after all, dont need it full size or quality. Crushing them with webp at 80% or something should be just fine and cost less than a 3rd of the size if its all jpegs at 100%.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
There is a bug with the filter list. If I choose multiple tags to filter, I will get fewer results per page than I should, or sometimes none at all on the first page. My current example is corruption + incest, I get "displaying 1 to 7 results of 201 filtered from 4601 games. I should be seeing 28, because that's what my games per page display is set to. I have to go to the next page to get more results, but it doesn't actually display 201 results total. It's worse if I select corruption+bestiality, then I get "displaying 1 to 0 of 31 filtered, but it actually displays zero results, and going to the next page shows only 1 game, which is then "displaying 29 to 29 of 31.

I have tried a fresh install and database download, with version 2.14.2.4

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Have some issues with the built in extractor. Some files are not being extracted. Could you maybe add a verification step of the files compared to the archive before finishing up and deleting the file?
Been using this more and i would hate to think it has messed up on weird files without my knowhow.

I say letting us run 7zip as a command within the client instead of its own built in option would make sense unless you upgrade it to 64bit and adds steps for verification after copying.

WinRAR_LYRfgvevyK.png

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Also got to report that sometimes the extractor is really slow and/or lock up at times too.
Most times its fine, but atleast like 10% can turn out to be super slow on the install. Prob down to how the files are moved or copied to the destination instead of using the default exporer move.

Today i have the installer lock up atleast twice where it would stay frozen for over an hour before i killed the client myself.

For now i feel its much safer to extract outside of the client and let it pick it up after that.
Installing across drives without extracting is as fast as expected but multiple times i has been 10x slower at a miminum where it could take 40+min for less than a gig install which is not right at all even with a slower drive i use for this atm.

Hopefully we will see a patch here soon to trigger the external 7zip program for example instead with verifications.
ATM i just seem really irratic in what titles have issues. Small file sizes like individual .jpg files in an install seem to not slow it down at all though it should be much slower. Something weird is going on.

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Also believe i have the same filter issue as 3xpurt too. For example today Babysitters had an update to v0.0.2 and i still had an v0.01b install but that title does not show up at all when searching for titles with updates or no updates. Its only when i remove the filter as a whole and not filtering for updates i get the title. Find it weird when i should be able to have it filtered to Owned, Favorites and Updates and it should be there.... but its not.

Maybe there is something weird with the update numbers. hmm with zero control over what F95 post updaters do then having rules for version numbers would sadly not work in the long run for a large amount of titles.

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
For the images.mmo size : I don't host images on my own server do do this I have to change to a better one witch I can't afford at the moment. So I can't compress them before they are downloaded.
What I can do is a background image optimization system. Images will be downloaded as they are and reduced on your computer afterward.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Local image compression is the way to go for that sort of thing. That system could be re-used if you add the RenPy crusher too into the mix which compresses the images in RenPy games which i am sure many would like to have built in with a GUI.

And yeah, there is Zero reason to keep the original files as is in its current state. Say compress to WebP or some other optimized format that is more effective than JPEG and PNG.

While 10gig images.mmo libraries might be huge. its still not effective and it will only continue to grow with no cleanup.
A cleanup schedule might also work out well. Like Remove previews (not thumbnails) from games you don't have as a fav or dont have installed or isnt manually added titles. That way it should remove extra images which might come from browsing within the client.

As the client is a pretty neat browser for the games atm when you think about it!

While on the subject of images, would love to have it download and cache all the images for the games i have installed or fav with all other info. Pretty much pre-generate the detailed page so its snappy and fast. (cause its slow on first time opening for downloading of the images at times)

But all of this is really all fluff features that could be on the backburner.
Focus on main core features first before the fluff IMO unless fixing critical bugs.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
New patch out fixing the Thumbnails duplicating as noted in https://f95zone.to/threads/game-manager.9574/post-2295117

Good stuff as that was triggering me like hell and kept happening with normal usage!

Also a bugfix for the thumbnail upload aswell.

Will have to try to upload a few soon then.

On thumbnail creation, there is really some weird scaling going on with the cropper where it would strech the image when adjusting.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes