Game Request time

JeFawk

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2023
Heya

About 5 days ago (22 August) we submitted a game request for our RPG dating sim vn and we reported the post, as per instructions. It's still there, on page.... 4 or so.

We saw some posts have a bunch more views and some have people coming in and voting.

Any ideas how this works? Is it a queue based on popularity or .... ?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Reactions: JeFawk

JeFawk

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2023
Hmm, at first view the post seem to follow rules. Five days is a bit long, but in the same time we are still in the middle to the summer holidays, so there's possibly a lack of staff (uploaders included) available.

UncleVT Do you know more ?
Thanks for your input.

We can wait much longer, no problem (it's a privilege to be hosted on a site, not a right), just curious if we're doing something wrong and after a longer wait it will get declined or not published without us knowing why.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The immediate guess would be your links. None of them look like the approved hosters that F95 allows (Mega, Mediafire, Google Drive, Pixeldrain, GoFile, etc.).

Also possible that staff could be busier than normal.

Reactions: JeFawk

JeFawk

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2023
The immediate guess would be your links. None of them look like the approved hosters that F95 allows (Mega, Mediafire, Google Drive, Pixeldrain, GoFile, etc.).

Also possible that staff could be busier than normal.
You got a point, I'll add some more from their list, thanks!

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
You got a point, I'll add some more from their list, thanks!
Yeah that's probably (one of) the issues. You need at least 3 links from the approved list.
Also while backblaze is a reputable company, it is intended for back-ups. I have a feeling it is probably against their TOS to use it as a file sharing site (bandwidth is expensive). To be clear I haven't read their TOS but just a gut feeling I have.

JeFawk

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2023
Yeah that's probably (one of) the issues. You need at least 3 links from the approved list.
Also while backblaze is a reputable company, it is intended for back-ups. I have a feeling it is probably against their TOS to use it as a file sharing site (bandwidth is expensive). To be clear I haven't read their TOS but just a gut feeling I have.
We added Google Drive as well for now :)

I think you're talking about the personal Backblaze product which is only a 1 machine backup which has to run each month or so to keep the data in the cloud.

We do however use their other product Backblaze B2 which is used to backup, and also host files, and we pay per storage & download & other "calls". We use them to host and serve website files, assets, and games.

Also the big reason why we use Backblaze is that they said they don't care what files are stored on their servers when we asked if NSFW is allowed (unlike most of the approved mirrors, which I have a feeling, 3 mirrors are required just because those services find NSFW content and delete it, just like Google drive does).
It's really one of the very few providers of such service where neither size nor content is a problem, as long as you can pay (it's pretty cheap imo)

Reactions: Saki_Sliz and GNVE

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Hmm, at first view the post seem to follow rules. Five days is a bit long, but in the same time we are still in the middle to the summer holidays, so there's possibly a lack of staff (uploaders included) available.

UncleVT Do you know more ?
Not really, we have a long queue and our team of uploaders does what it can.
Besides, this is not the oldest one required

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Not really, we have a long queue and our team of uploaders does what it can.
No problem, you all do what you can. It was essentially to ensure that there weren't something wrong with his own request, thanks.

Reactions: UncleVT