game update date

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Hey admins!
I am continuously following the Last update page for my filter of favourite tag (3D game) and after following the forums I noticed the date is not updated in some games so they never show up with the new versions.

Examples: Beasts of the Sun and Virtual Succubus (I read it was updated monthly but it never appears in the queue).
I am thinking I am missing a lot of game updates this way.

Is this something you could look into, please?

Thanks!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I noticed the date is not updated in some games so they never show up with the new versions.
It's not the reason. Games appear in the Latest Updates, and the last update list, when they are "promoted". And recently some games have their thread updated, but not promoted ; this despite the fact that there's more than two weeks since the last "promotion".
Searching for your two games, I found that it's by example the case for In For A Penny, that in the Latest Updates page appeared as having been updated one month ago (around page 20 when filtering only 3DCG games), while it's in fact three days ago. And effectively Virtual Succubus have been updated one month ago, but do not appear where expected in the Latest Updates page.

Ryahn is there a reason I don't know, or is it just someone who forgot to press a button (what is perfectly understandable) ?

Reactions: testry

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Hey admins!
I am continuously following the Last update page for my filter of favourite tag (3D game) and after following the forums I noticed the date is not updated in some games so they never show up with the new versions.

Examples: Beasts of the Sun and Virtual Succubus (I read it was updated monthly but it never appears in the queue).
I am thinking I am missing a lot of game updates this way.

Is this something you could look into, please?

Thanks!
It's not the reason. Games appear in the Latest Updates, and the last update list, when they are "promoted". And recently some games have their thread updated, but not promoted ; this despite the fact that there's more than two weeks since the last "promotion".
Searching for your two games, I found that it's by example the case for In For A Penny, that in the Latest Updates page appeared as having been updated one month ago (around page 20 when filtering only 3DCG games), while it's in fact three days ago. And effectively Virtual Succubus have been updated one month ago, but do not appear where expected in the Latest Updates page.

Ryahn is there a reason I don't know, or is it just someone who forgot to press a button (what is perfectly understandable) ?
Most likely someone forgetting to promote the game. I would report it or open a ticket about it. As they should be promoted if they meet the criteria to be promoted.

testry

Sep 18, 2017
Most likely someone forgetting to promote the game. I would report it or open a ticket about it. As they should be promoted if they meet the criteria to be promoted.
Thanks, hmm never knew about a criteria or a promote button. What is the criteria?
I am usually following 3d game tag. While there were mentions about Virtual Succubus that it has monthly updates so we know it (I remember a request from the dev to not upload beta tests of the game but take the monthly updates), the Beasts of the Sun is a new game that promises a lot. Some bugs were fixed relatively quickly between versions and it's a shame not to have it on the first page updates.

I am following a few more adventure 3d games I like: The Last Barbarian, Slaves of Rome, Valortha, and Carnal Instinct, I checked and they appear all right in the queue.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What is the criteria?
You can find them in this thread, under the point 5.

While there were mentions about Virtual Succubus that it has monthly updates so we know it [...]
Don't forget that the games here are leaked/pirated version, therefore it's not because the dev release monthly updates, that the game will be updated every month here. It need that someone leak the last version first.
I don't say that it's what happen to the games you talk about, but a game not being promoted as often as it should can also be due to the fact that not all updates reach the forum.

testry

Sep 18, 2017
I understand. Judging by the promotion rules Beasts of the Sun is a minor update, an additional save system. I don't know if they continued the story, I didn't get there yet.

However, Virtual Succubusis is shown in search as 3 years old but has regular updates here. It is strange that the release date is like a few days before the update:

Thread Updated: 2023-10-17
Release Date: 2023-10-11

It can fall under rule 3 of promotion as this kind of game can't give much new content. Still in 3 years with monthly releases, the game must be a lot different from now (but I really can't say I've checked many versions)